Skip to content

When will we see new Patch for Ipad?

Comments

• EketEket Member Posts: 69
    edited November 2013
    Trent on twitter said a few hours ago that the ios version still has bugs and thus has not been submitted yet...

With bg2 release date coming up, i really doubt they are even actively working on it. They are a small team after all.

Face it. We will be waiting months yet again. I really have to think hard on the ios version, maybe better off getting the pc version, through beamdog.
  • mars0124mars0124 Member Posts: 180
    I hope that @TrentOster is reading this thread... while the team has done AMAZING work they have not yet delivered on a number of promises.

I have every intention of buying BG2 and its DLC content to fully support his team, and will overlook many of the features that have not yet been implemented in BG1, but NOT until I can at LEAST cast entangle in BG1.

Not to mention SOMEONE on his team should have been able to take 15 seconds to tweet that the iPad version is not yet submitted. Until the very recently did just that... The lack of transparency is honestly upsetting.
  • TeischusTeischus Member Posts: 28
    I think the patch will never be released.. EA style, we idiots payed for the game already, so why should they give any more support. Yes i know they support the pc/mac version, but i bought the sh*tty ipad version the first day of release in the app store with the promise of the german lang support.. That was almost a year ago.. Im gettin angry again.. Thanks beamdog for your support.. Grml
  • DarkShrikeDarkShrike Member Posts: 17
    Well if that is the case then I can certainly guarantee I will never purchase the iPad release of BG2 until the patch is available for the first game. I fully believe the patch is forthcoming but this lack of communication leaves my no choice but to vote with my wallet.
  • solidus0079solidus0079 Member Posts: 60
    Whatever happened with cloud saves, anyways? I think they promised that.
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    Guys, I saw that tweet and I am sure he means BG2 for Ipad. It won't be ready for Friday as has not been submited due to such bugs.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Thanks for the update :)
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    Thank you for the information.
  • DarkShrikeDarkShrike Member Posts: 17
    Thank you for the update! I think that tells me what I need to know for now. It's PC for me for the foreseeable future. I prefer the portability of ipad but things are what they are.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Info! Yay!
  • mars0124mars0124 Member Posts: 180
    @TrentOster, thank you for the information. As you can see from the comments following yours, that's largely what people want.

Good luck to both you and your team. I eagerly await the fruit of your labours.
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    mars0124 said:

I hope that @TrentOster is reading this thread... while the team has done AMAZING work they have not yet delivered on a number of promises.

I have every intention of buying BG2 and its DLC content to fully support his team, and will overlook many of the features that have not yet been implemented in BG1, but NOT until I can at LEAST cast entangle in BG1.

Not to mention SOMEONE on his team should have been able to take 15 seconds to tweet that the iPad version is not yet submitted. Until the very recently did just that... The lack of transparency is honestly upsetting.

Instead of posting this, you could have spent the time checking @TrentOster because he had already clarified this in his twitter stream.

I too find it disappointing, but the information was out there.

I feel I might be better off going stylus input on a Surface Pro 2 while waiting for the release of a Win 8 touch compatible version. At least I can seamlessly switch between pen input and mouse input on the device.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934

we changed the UI input system to use OS level input calls as opposed to our previous use of raw input events.

YES YES YES
  • ValheruValheru Member Posts: 8
    I'm just really glad there has been some development on the UI, as although in no way impossible to use, a few improvements would certainly be appreciated.

Whats the difference/benefit of using OS level input calls as opposed to raw input events?
  • ValheruValheru Member Posts: 8
    I wonder if there is any plan to do a 64 bit version?
    Thanks for the update.

We all just want to play the game we bought a year ago. This patch better make get it right, my purchase of bg2:ee depends on it.
  • Archie_DragonArchie_Dragon Member Posts: 29
    Thanks for the information! Waiting is not so bad if one knows it's actively worked on the patch. After 1.2 is released incl. localozation, I'll buy BG2EE.
  • TravelleriTravelleri Member Posts: 32
    meagloth said:

Holy sh1t, please don't translate my childhood masterpiece into finnish!!! It was enought for me to read the finnish subtitles when watching Lord of the rings, it's awkward! Some things are good as they were planned to be, just like all the chinese kung fu movies should be in chinese, not english.

Ahhhhh, I must be missing simething......

Meaning... I really like the english version and that's something over 90% of finnish people over 10yr old would agree with me in any context... Translating something loses some of the main content and atmosphere. The most horrifying thing would be that finnish iOS Store would not offer the english language anymore... xD
  • ChrisNHChrisNH Member Posts: 22
    I check every day to see if the ios version number has changed to 1.2. I can't wait to buy this game..
  • Archie_DragonArchie_Dragon Member Posts: 29
    Depends. I'm fluent in english, I've to use it at work the whole day. So when I'm coming home tired at night and after bringing the daughter to bed, I really love to play complex games in german translation - I just want not to think to much anymore :) Learned english with the ultima rpgs in the eighties, though :)
  • famousringofamousringo Member Posts: 28

We also need to get the save game/character importing/exporting working on the tablets

Very glad to hear this feature is being implemented. I'd rather not have to resort to awkward sorcery to import my BG1 character into BG2. Easy imports into BG2 is one of my top three iOS feature requests.
  • NedzzoNedzzo Member Posts: 19
    I bought the PC and ipad version of BG:EE. I will not be buying any version of BG2:EE until it is patched to satisfaction.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    Valheru said:

I'm just really glad there has been some development on the UI, as although in no way impossible to use, a few improvements would certainly be appreciated.

Whats the difference/benefit of using OS level input calls as opposed to raw input events?

I'm very curious about this also...
  • ermoermo Member Posts: 81

(...) We are also working with a massive codebase (in excess of 1 million lines of code when we started)

Trent

How many lines of code is the engine now? Did you get to cut a lot of dead weight and re-design some parts to be more modern, such that the LOC count is now lower, even if you use more libraries etc.?

Inquiring minds would like to know...

• IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Again, as asked earlier, what's the difference between OS level input call and raw input events? In other words, how does the former affect us, users?
  • VintrastormVintrastorm Member Posts: 216
    Illustair said:

Again, as asked earlier, what's the difference between OS level input call and raw input events? In other words, how does the former affect us, users?

+1 I was thinking this too.
  • InvalidInvalid Member Posts: 10

Illustair said:

+1 I was thinking this too.
    See here.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/windows/desktop/ms645543(v=vs.85).aspx
    Will the patch be released before the app store freeze?
  • garyriley1982garyriley1982 Member Posts: 32
    Eket said:

Will the patch be released before the app store freeze?

thats what i would like to know

This discussion has been closed.