Skip to content

BG2EE is live - What are you still doing here! :p

Comments

• H1gherReflexH1gherReflex Member Posts: 18
    zerckan said:

Actually wondering where I'll get the launcher? E-mail?

Download and Use Beamdog Launcher?
    I don't recall ever downloading that for the first one. I just bought it off Beamdog's site and I believe it gave me the installer.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited November 2013

zerckan said:

I don't recall ever downloading that for the first one. I just bought it off Beamdog's site and I believe it gave me the installer.
    Maybe @Dee has some insight here. Are you on a mac or pc?

(also the topic for this thread is what you are looking forward to...there is a support section of the forums if you need downloading help)
  • zerckanzerckan Member Posts: 178

zerckan said:

You can use beamdog launcher as well as stand alone downloader.
    There is already pre-load on beamdog launcher for PC.
  • MornmagorMornmagor Member Posts: 1,160
    I was looking forward to seeing some kits, but it appears that
    there are no new kits in the game, based on the manuals
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    For Windows: http://www.beamdog.com/products/baldurs-gate-ii-enhanced-edition-for-windows

For Mac: http://www.beamdog.com/products/baldurs-gate-II-enhanced-edition-for-mac-OS-X

As long as you're logged in and have purchased the game with your account, you'll see a yellow "Install" button.
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    so it is really coming out before the 15th? it got really confusing. oh well glad to be able to play today :)
  • ShapiroKeatsDarkMageShapiroKeatsDarkMage Member Posts: 2,428
    Can't wait to use my evil sorceress to show Irenicus who's the real magic master.
    edited November 2013

so it is really coming out before the 15th? it got really confusing. oh well glad to be able to play today :)

Its coming out on the 15th in some areas of the world and the 14th in others (depends what your time zone is). But it will be out for everyone at the same moment.
  • EudaemoniumEudaemonium Member Posts: 3,199
    @Dee the mac installer isn't uploaded yet though, right? Otherwise I might have to message customer support (isn't that you anyway).
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223

@Dee the mac installer isn't uploaded yet though, right? Otherwise I might have to message customer support (isn't that you anyway).

Yep, only the Pre-order button is up for macs it seems.

• Arsene_LupinArsene_Lupin Member Posts: 181
    So it's coming out tonight? Damn. I'm going to have to play it, but I really can't afford to. I have two essays to start AND finish tonight.
  • onanonan Member Posts: 223

So it's coming out tonight? Damn. I'm going to have to play it, but I really can't afford to. I have two essays to start AND finish tonight.

That's a lost cause if I ever saw one. Go for BG2EE :)

How long? If you start now you might be able to get them done provided they are short.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    What am I looking forward to, now? Coming home from work, and playing it. :D
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    There are four things I'm going to do as soon as chitin.key and dialog.tlk come through:

1. Look up Dorn's romance epilogue (for RP purposes).

2. See if Rasaad can be corrupted, because that'll change my party strategy: if he can fit in with an Evil party, I'll take him along instead of Korgan, skip the Hell sacrifice, and have Sarevok replace Edwin instead (my PC is a Sorcerer so he can probably handle arcane duties solo).

3. Extract all new portraits (there seem to be quite a few if the partial glimpse I saw was any indication).

4. Look up any references to Baeloth, just to satisfy my curiosity as to whether he's in the game or not.
  • WilburWilbur Member Posts: 1,173
    Getting some spare time to actually play the game.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    I'm looking forward to not staring at the countdown timer any more. I feel like my eyes are about to pop out of their sockets...
    I'm looking forward to the Mac installer materialising out of the aether XP
  • forktheworldforktheworld Member Posts: 88
    Dee said:

For Windows: http://www.beamdog.com/products/baldurs-gate-ii-enhanced-edition-for-windows

For Mac: http://www.beamdog.com/products/baldurs-gate-II-enhanced-edition-for-mac-OS-X

As long as you're logged in and have purchased the game with your account, you'll see a yellow "Install" button.

@Dee I know this has already been said, but there is not Install button for Macs that I can see. Only a Pre-order button.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Isn't Mac "coming soon"? Wasn't there an issue where they have to get some bugs ironed out before Apple will let them distribute? I could be 100% making that up because I know nothing about Macs.
    edited November 2013
    rdarken said:

Isn't Mac "coming soon"? Wasn't there an issue where they have to get some bugs ironed out before Apple will let them distribute? I could be 100% making that up because I know nothing about Macs.

That delay was for the Apple Store. Mac version of BG2EE from Beamdog should be out on the 15th (or 14th or whatever).
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    edited November 2013
    Hexxat, the new quests, areas and movies, new HLAs (Shadowdancer) and creating/testing lots and lots of high level chars with The Black Pits 2.
  • GilgalahadGilgalahad Member Posts: 237
    I've been so ridiculously busy these days it makes me cry at all the game time I've lost these last 8-9 months. If I may wax poetic a moment, father time is creeping at my door and I've double locked my doors and windows, but it brings a tear of joy to this old fart and his grinchy heart that BG:EE II is coming out and I fully intend to play bg1 and 2 EE back to back asa time permits. Thank you for all your efforts in bringing these classic and undisputedly best rpg's ever made teams Overhaul and Beamdog. I'm a happy happy grouch.
  • AeschylusAeschylus Member Posts: 57
    "it's a trap"