Skip to content

[Spoilers!] The long avaited Major update 15.11.2013 All you wanted to know about Hexxat

Comments

• MessiMessi Member Posts: 738
    Flashburn said:

The Hexxat we know is not the real Hexxat...

We were misled all this time and holy crap her stats are off the charts! Someone even stronger than Dorn and as dextrous as Coran! Unbelievable!

I can't wait to see what's next!
    Damn spoiler tags are too clickable for me to resist. :(
    Jalily said:

Mera said:

I'd like to be spoiled on something, so I can plan my evil party properly.
    She is a romance option, have you guys had enough time to check if it's available for male or female character (or both).

She's a lesbian.
    So shes actually lesbian, not bisexual like Dorn?

• JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    edited November 2013
    Messi said:

Jalily said:

Mera said:

She is a romance option, have you guys had enough time to check if it's available for male or female character (or both).

She's a lesbian.

Yes.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • GoodSteveGoodSteve Member Posts: 607
    Jalily said:

Messi said:

Jalily said:

Mera said:

She's a lesbian.

Yes.
    Aww... lame.
    wojtek
  • ZeratulZeratul Member Posts: 575
    Jalily said:

Messi said:

Jalily said:

Mera said:

She's a lesbian.

Yes.
    Wut? Okey now i hate my life!
    wojtek
    edited November 2013
    GoodSteve said:

Jalily said:

Messi said:

Jalily said:

Mera said:

She's a lesbian.

Yes.
    Aww... lame.
    I think it's awesome. Wish they would add an actual gay character too.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    How insanely stupid
    Quartz
  • SindyanSindyan Member Posts: 146
    So what is the alignment of her? Does it stay the same?
    (I don't see the updated stats that is why I ask)
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    What? Hexxat is an evil lesbian space pirate?
    I need the genderbending belt!
    sunset00Vargnatt
  • BeridelBeridel Member Posts: 35
    Sindyan said:

(I don't see the updated stats that is why I ask)

Are there updated stats? Because the stats in the above spoiler is just ewwwwwwwww....

I am just wanting to see if her alignment changes at all. I'm a doing a "good" party
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @Messi: From what I've seen, Dorn actually has "Schrodinger's Sexuality" - if you romance him as a woman, he's straight, and vice-versa. :)
    Far from it. In this political correct world it is now standard. Half of the new npcs are gay for example. In dragon age it was even more so.

The new norm
    sunset00booinyoureyesQuartz
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816

Far from it. In this political correct world it is now standard. Half of the new npcs are gay for example. In dragon age it was even more so.

The new norm

I said *exclusively* gay, you know, like in real life. If you wan't to talk about political correctness, making every character have whatever sexuality the player wants them to certainly isn't PC.

But to address the main tone of your comment: acceptance of and inclusiveness toward people regardless of their sexual orientation is the new norm. It logically follows that we would see that in games as well.
    alnair
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    shawne said:

@Messi: From what I've seen, Dorn actually has "Schrodinger's Sexuality" - if you romance him as a woman, he's straight, and vice-versa. :)

He's definitely bi. In BG:EE, he says Kryll is a former lover, and in BGII:EE, there is a conversation that references his attraction to men. This all happens regardless of the PC's gender.
    jackjackEudaemoniumelminster
    Purudaya said:

The new norm

I said *exclusively* gay, you know, like in real life. If you wan't to talk about political correctness, making every character have whatever sexuality the player wants them to certainly isn't PC.

But to address the main tone of your comment: acceptance of and inclusiveness toward people regardless of their sexual orientation is the new norm. It logically follows that we would see that in games as well.
    50% of new npcs gay and even more than that in dragon age.
    It is nothing short of pleasing the political correct lobbying.

This is the new norm as seen by the fact that the new games are like this.

It represents political correctness more than life in general or the gaming world.
    sunset00Quartz

Purudaya said:

The new norm

It represents political correctness more than life in general or the gaming world.
    You don't find anything ironic in the fact that what you call PC(probably one of the most meaningless terms these days) seems to annoy you to no end?

elminster
    I find it more funny that you think you have any idea what annoys me. If I got to change a few things in bg2 this would not be it.

But i suppose anyone who sees the absurd for what it is annoying to you (oh the irony)
    sunset00Quartz

Purudaya said:

The new norm

Yeah, I don't want to derail the thread so this will be my last comment on the matter:

Having options for LGBTQI players is not political correctness, it's good business sense. There is no such thing as a gay lobby, only a gay civil rights movement that has made significant gains in our culture and society. Those gains have been reflected in our media, and not just in RPGs - Dumbledore was gay, for chrissake.

There are some people who throw around "political correctness" like it's a dirty word when what they're really lamenting is the visibility and empowerment of those for whom they feel intolerant. When Star-Trek showed the first interracial kiss on TV, I'm sure there were plenty of people who didn't like it. And when it started happening more often, I'm sure they decried the "political correctness" and "lobbying" that they thought was behind it.

History remembers those people as (because I don't know what the forum rules for profanity are)...jerks.

And before you get your underwear in a twist, I'm not saying that you're intolerant or bigoted. But you might want to ask yourself why the presence of gay, lesbian, and bisexual characters in video games bothers you so much.

Mortiannaelminster
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    Would she be of any use in combat with those stats?
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    I've just removed two posts. I wasn't kidding, people; that's enough.
    Pibarosunset00elminsterQuartz
    edited November 2013

Wow...just wow.

Back on topic, I think Hexxat's writing and voice acting are top-notch (the plot-twist was fun too!)

The new gameplay mechanics that her character brings to the table are also interesting, but I had to leave her behind on my goody-two-shoes playthrough. It'll be really interesting to see how some plot choices play out with her along, though.

And devs, you were right: the name totally works once you know about the character/backstory. Well done :)
    Nathan
  • SpungiSpungi Member Posts: 219
    edited November 2013
    I must admit, that this far I'm very disappointed with her... She's squishy, does close to 0 dmg, and her voice bugs me...
    Does anything special happen later on or something? o.0 Also, still trying to locate that tomb she keeps ranting on about... No luck so far :)

[EDIT] Oh well, Found the Tomb... let's see what happens next :P
    sunset00
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    edited November 2013
    @Spungi Post-Dragomir's Tomb, Hexxat's quest should begin 7 days from when she joined you, in Athkatla at night. :)
    sunset00Starflower2525SCARY_WIZARD
    Spungi said:

I must admit, that this far I'm very disappointed with her... She's squishy, does close to 0 dmg, and her voice bugs me...
    Does anything special happen later on or something? o.0 Also, still trying to locate that tomb she keeps ranting on about... No luck so far :)

Poke around the graveyard district. You'll know once you find it, and things get much more interesting from there :)
  • needsmoarhamstersneedsmoarhamsters Member Posts: 30
    edited November 2013
    It looks like she'll rage quit if you don't do it for a while anyway, but doing Hexxat's subquest seems to be pretty mandatory if you want to keep her in your party because
    it will fix her stat and annoying voice problems.
    It's also a well-made quest arc and interesting character so far.

As far as her orientation, I approve of the decision and second the request for a gay male character. And if you're feeling really ambitious, throw a transgender romance in there too (Edwina doesn't count!)

Also, that clicking sound you hear? That's the sound of a thousand male PCs looking up the item code for the Girdle of Masculinity/Femininity.

(It's BELT05)
    PurudayaStarflower2525Vargnatt