Skip to content

BG2EE is live - What are you still doing here! :p

Comments

• OcculusXOcculusX Member Posts: 99
    Kortok said:

First order of business is going to be to finish The Black Pits on insane difficulty. Well, after I import my BGEE character to make sure that works OK. Then TBP!!!

Good luck. I've never tried to play the game on insane difficulty... how do you manage it when your average kobold getting lucky with a critical can take out your character?

• marcerormarceror Member Posts: 577
    Power word: Reload
    Alderic
  • WigglesWiggles Member Posts: 571
    What am I still doing here? Idk, tell my boss to let me go home.
    Night_Watch
  • KortokKortok Member Posts: 165
    OcculusX said:

Kortok said:

First order of business is going to be to finish The Black Pits on insane difficulty. Well, after I import my BGEE character to make sure that works OK. Then TBP!!!

Good luck. I've never tried to play the game on insane difficulty... how do you manage it when your average kobold getting lucky with a critical can take out your character?

My archers never let a kobold get close to me in BGEE TBP. Super powerful class in BG1.
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    OMG OMG it's downloading! BG2:EE!!!

::jumps around like an elementary school kid::

I can't wait to play Veraka again! Yaaay!!!
    [Deleted User]
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • KortokKortok Member Posts: 165

yay time to final play with ascension! :)

Wait they included Ascension?
  • Night_WatchNight_Watch Member Posts: 514
    Between this and gog's insomnia sale, I'm going to need a longer weekend x_x
    Thaudal
  • ChildofBhaal599ChildofBhaal599 Member Posts: 1,781
    Kortok said:

yay time to final play with ascension! :)

Wait they included Ascension?
    lol meant SCS but ascension should be ready soon :)
  • SassyGoldElfSassyGoldElf Member Posts: 73
    ...I just realized I remember next to nothing about what to do and where to go in BG2 and how long it takes until I can get Edwin. I played BG a million times but I only ever finished BG2 a few.

Crap.

...I just realized I remember next to nothing about what to do and where to go in BG2 and how long it takes until I can get Edwin. I played BG a million times but I only ever finished BG2 a few.

Crap.

I barely got past Irenicus' dungeon on a friend's install of BG2. It's all new to me!
  • acw18acw18 Member Posts: 62
    Anyone elses DL keep getting stuck at 99.6%? Even when I pause and unpause it seems to start back up then completely stop or drop into the single bytes dl speed.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Aw man. Finally home, over an hour on downloading the last of the preload.

If the rest of you folks could stop your dls so I can finish and get some play in before bed, that'd be great. kthx
    acw18 said:

Anyone elses DL keep getting stuck at 99.6%? Even when I pause and unpause it seems to start back up then completely stop or drop into the single bytes dl speed.

I'm at 99.3% and it keeps bottoming out.
    yeah that happens in the end you just have to wait on it to really slowly finish
    edited November 2013
    OK, grinding out the kilobytes at 100% and this song is in my head:

EDIT: I secretly imagine Hexxat looks like this. I'll find out the truth soon enough.
  • SassyGoldElfSassyGoldElf Member Posts: 73
    Why do I find it amusing that the advert coming up for that video is "Why Men Pull Away"?
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I'm downloading
    Danrilor said:

Dear Irenicus,

Thank you for removing my helm of opposite alignment, girdle of femininity, sword of cursed berserking, ring of folly, bracers of binding, and that Claw of Kazgaroth thingy. I know that some torture went along with it, but I try to look on the bright side. Now, I hate to tell you, but your dungeon blows and you kidnapped my kid sidekick so I am coming to kill you. No hard feelings.You may not recognize me when I am coming because I am no longer a blurry, clumsy, chaotic evil woman with PMS foaming at the mouth from my perpetual berserker rage. I'll be the only blonde guy in Athkatha without a tan.

XOXO

Danrilor

P.S... thank you, beamdog!

I'm surprised Irenicus didn't let you keep the girdle :)
    elminster
  • pkmnpkmn Member Posts: 22
    7 hours til it's out on Steam, but I guess it beats getting it through Beamdog.
  • rdarkenrdarken Member Posts: 660
    Finished my download this morning (woke up around 5 AM to restart it, had to finish that last little .5% this morning). Jumped in for a bit. Can't wait to get rolling!

Also, I forgot how much I hate Irenicus' dungeon. Hate hate hate hate hate
    elminster
  • KrypteiaKrypteia Member Posts: 50
    Still waiting for it to download. My connection aint as hot as it used to be, so it's taken a couple of hours. On the final stretch now though, so with any luck, I'll be off and playing soon.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    agris said:

pkmn said:

It really doesn't.

For me it now says 9 hours. Hmm. Too bad for anyone on Steam.
    edited November 2013
    pkmn said:

beamdog- direct support of developers, faster patches, access to things like the beta we had, stand alone launcher.....

steam- sales that aren't out yet, steam interface

i prefer beamdog for BGEE. especially with some bugs going to be fixed sooner
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    Mwhahahah!

I waited for an opportune time to download!

A day is nothing but a pinprick of time to a 6000 year old mummified Gnome!

Can't wait to see if I can find that book I wrote for Edwin that I left in that tomb.
    elminsterChildofBhaal599CrevsDaak
  • CoryNewbCoryNewb Member Posts: 1,330
    CoryNewb said:

I feel a sinus infection setting in this morning. I may have to take tomorrow off work if I don't feel good tomorrow. I am a little bit more motivated to miss work due to the release of bg2.... :)

I'm regretting my decision to come to work today. :(
    [Deleted User]CrevsDaak
  • ShadowHunterShadowHunter Member Posts: 143
    I can't thank you guys enough for reviving the best game out of my entire childhood !!

thanks devs and all the people who made this possible :)
  • DanrilorDanrilor Member Posts: 26
    Ok Irenicus...

You took my mail of the dead. I can deal with that. Sword+2? I can find something like that later. But I cannot forgive your for taking my Butter Knife of Baldurian! How will I make Minsc his peanut butter and jelly sandwiches now? Butts will be liberally kicked in good measure! Onward!

XOXO Danrilor

P.S... why did you keep the Golden Pantaloons?
    elminster