Skip to content

BGII:EE Compatible Mod List

Comments

• ggallegherggallegher Member Posts: 78
    Right.

I'd like to play BG2:EE as a Wizard Slayer, because oh boy do I have a wizard to slay. aVENGER's Wizard Slayer Rebalancing mod looks interesting in that respect.

In an attempt to update this mod to work in BG2:EE, the following was undertaken:

• Downloaded windows version 1.06 of the Wizard Slayer Rebalancing mod from the link and used winrar to extract the folder "wsr"and the setup executable "setup-wsr.exe" to the folder "Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783".

• Downloaded the latest version of weidu, 235, and extracted the file "weidu.exe".

• Renamed "weidu.exe" to "setup-wsr.exe" and overwrote the file from the mod, currently residing in "Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition\Data\00783", then executed it.

That resulted in the mod running correctly, but skipping all the components due to not recognising BG2:EE. See attached screenshot.

The tp2 file for this mod, "setup-wsr.tp2" has the line
    REQUIRE_PREDICATE ENGINE_IS ~tob~ @90
    in it, which I'm guessing is what it's using to decide whether it can install its components to the Infinity Engine game it's within or not.

So, good folks, may I ask what needs to be done to get this to recognise BG2:EE and install correctly? Any guidance would be much obliged.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Change it to:

REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~tob bgt bg2ee~ @90

That should do it :)
  • kulyokkulyok Member Posts: 33
    Fixed the download links for Banter Packs and Unfinished business, sorry for the fluke.
    @kulyok Awesome, updated list :D Thanks!
    Terrific, thanks Liam. That seems to have have done the trick; or at least, the in-game description seems to be successfully updated, and nothing appears broken when playing the Wizard Slayer. As a bonus, adding in "bgee" to the relevant REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS lines also seems to have gotten it working with BGEE as well.

I've attached the edited Wizard Slayer Rebalancing archive to this post, for anyone else that may need it.

• RahlikRahlik Member Posts: 86
    Hi @LiamEsler I didn't see the Kivan NPC mod listed at all yet (might be my eyes though so apologies if I am wrong.) Any word on if this is in the works? :)
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    @Rahlik it's right above the Xan NPC link, it's just grayed out since it's still being worked on :)
    Rahlik
  • RahlikRahlik Member Posts: 86
    @StoneSwords thank you - I knew it must have been my eyes playing tricks on me :)
    StoneSwords
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    No prob man, it's late lol
  • neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    The list is growing well that's good !

Any news on the kits mods ? is there the same problem as for BG:EE atm ?
  • DinsdalePiranhaDinsdalePiranha Member Posts: 419
    sadly, it seems like BG1 style weapon proficiencies messes up item names and descriptions :C
  • mr_namelessmr_nameless Member Posts: 37
    Thanks for all the updates!
    Any hope for Simding0's QuestPack mod to work ?
    Still waiting fo Item Revisions, Spell Revisions and Item randomiser mods. Hopefully these will work soon :)
  • starrchild9080starrchild9080 Member Posts: 3
    Any word on compatibility of the Solaufein romance and Tactics mods? I like to play with both of those, especially the Sola mod.
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760
    edited November 2013
    @ggallegher As of v1.08 Wizard Slayer Rebalancing is now fully compatible with both BG:EE and BGII:EE. Enjoy!

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/960-wizard-slayer-rebalancing-v108-windows-version/
  • mr_namelessmr_nameless Member Posts: 37
    edited November 2013
    A convenient link. For those of you who are relatively new to modding BGII/BG and don't know much about install orders, check out the Big World install PDF v13 ( BWP guide) :

http://www.shsforums.net/files/category/72-big-world-project/?sort_order=ASC&sort_key=file_name&num=10&st=10

It list nearly every single mods for BG and BGII (good to know!) with the best install order possible with the least conflicts (once these have been made compatible with the Enhanced Edition)
    Some mod components sometimes need to be installed after other mods etc...Anyways, a very useful guide for best compatibility :)
    Post edited by mr_nameless on
    SCARY_WIZARD
    Hell yeah, I will. Thanks, aVENGER! *pumps fist, deflects a magic missile*
    Eheh, just a minor point regarding the new Wizard Slayer Rebalancing mod; the kit description on the character sheet is still for the vanilla, unrevised game version. However, the kit description on the character generation page does use the new one (see the attached images for the differences between the two).

It appears that the two descriptions can be harmonised by adding another line within the section checking for BG1EE in the file "setup-wsr.tp2", like so:

ACTION_IF FILE_EXISTS_IN_GAME ~OH3000.ARE~ THEN BEGIN // BG1EE check
    STRING_SET ~25361~ @101 // New Wizard Slayer kit description - character generation
    STRING_SET ~24285~ @101 // New Wizard Slayer kit description - character sheet
    END
    Something similar might be needed for non-EE versions of BG, as there's also only one line for overwriting the kit description there as well, but I'm afraid I'm unable to ascertain the string numbers for that.

Hope that makes sense. I've attached an archived file that has the revised .tp2 file in it, which seems to work for me.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438

A convenient link. For those of you who are relatively new to modding BGII/BG and don't know much about install orders, check out the Big World install PDF v13 ( BWP guide) :

http://www.shsforums.net/files/category/72-big-world-project/?sort_order=ASC&sort_key=file_name&num=10&st=10

It list nearly every single mods for BG and BGII with the best install order possible with the least conflicts (once these have been made compatible with the Enhanced Edition)

Do what this person says, folks, I can't count the times I've installed things willy-nilly, only to have somebody cough up an item description or machine code in the middle of a steamy romance scene.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Any word on Weimer's Item Upgrade mod?
    edited November 2013
    @ggallegher Cheers!

Fixed and re-uploaded. This was only an issue for BG:EE. The original game and BGII:EE use a single strref.
  • tobajastobajas Member Posts: 77
    Well just gotta say thanks for the list and a big thank you to everyone working on or has worked on all the mods that is for this great game.

Thank you
    James
  • ghostnovaghostnova Member Posts: 4
    @LiamEsler
    The BPSeries link is incorrect. It links to a very old version of the file which is not compatible with BG2EE.
    I think the correct link is http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/1025-bp-series-party-ai-for-bg/

• ghostnovaghostnova Member Posts: 4
    edited November 2013
    aVENGER said:

@ggallegher As of v1.08 Wizard Slayer Rebalancing is now fully compatible with both BG:EE and BGII:EE. Enjoy!

http://www.shsforums.net/files/file/960-wizard-slayer-rebalancing-v108-windows-version/

I downloaded the latest version. However, when I try to install it, it skips all the components. My guess is that I need to edit setup-wsr.tp2 and replace all the
    REQUIRE_PREDICATE ENGINE_IS ~tob bgee~ @number
    with
    REQUIRE_PREDICATE GAME_IS ~tob bgt bg2ee~ @number
    as LiamEsler pointed out above. However, I'm not entirely sure that's the case, and I don't want to mess it up.

• CastorpCastorp Member Posts: 45
    Liam, any chance at all of having a BG2:EE version of Fade?

Great list, by the way.
  • agorwalagorwal Member Posts: 3
    The Tactics Mod? I need my hard begin dungeon... Improved Ilyich is nice challenge (more like torture...)
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @ghostnova Updated the link, thanks. I'll be helping @LiamEsler with this thread before he goes crazy with the information overload ;)
    jackjack
    edited November 2013
    @ghostnova so you have WSR version 1.08 and cannot install it on BG:EE or BGII:EE ?

Are you sure the file you downloaded is up to date? I've installed it on both games this morning without any problems (English version only).
    @Castorp Check back around Christmas. I'll not say anything further there. ;)

@ggallagher No need for weird installation stuff like in BWP, just install mods in the order I've specified. The issues that existed before no longer exist, since the relevant mods on the list have been updated.
    Castorp
  • coorta88coorta88 Member Posts: 1
    I would really like to see Longer road mod being compatible with BG II EE - to once again try and save Irenicus from ... himself ( and maybe in another attempt to unleash him upon elves of Suldanessellar - well seriously, you just save their civilization from extinction and they express their thanks you by almost kicking you from their city once things start to get tough ). I tried to install it, unfortunately it seems to be unable to find TOB expansion installed......
    JonelethIrenicus
    @coorta88 It is definitely incompatible at the moment.
    JonelethIrenicus
This discussion has been closed.