Skip to content

BGII:EE Compatible Mod List

Comments

• Ragnar74Ragnar74 Member Posts: 1
    Any update for Kelsey NPC?
  • FoggyFoggy Member Posts: 297
    edited November 2013
    Weimer's Item Upgrade has received a major update by CamDawg in August to work with BG2EE. Install Item Upgrade v40 after another mod using WeiDu 235 so it'll update automatically, ideally after the quests and before the NPCs mods, and you're good to go. All items descriptions are correct and in BG2EE format.

Amber NPC install is updated in the same fashion and the mod works perfectly well.
    Post edited by Foggy on
    ShinYosharian
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    With Item Upgrade cleared, any chance of Fading Promises getting updated? Small but very well-written and touching mod.
  • neoespritneoesprit Member Posts: 196
    @LiamEsler : first of all thank you for taking the time to update this growing list of compatible mods it makes things easier for us =)

If you have some time (and only if that don't bother you) could you sort the mods by categories ? If you continue updating that list that could help us find mods and in the long term it will help you keep track of things without the list becoming to messy.

Anyway that was my 2 cents, thanks again for this list =)
  • mysticspheremysticsphere Member Posts: 38
    Can i install mods while in the middle of a game? ex: can i install Unfinished Business and reload my game, or does it have to be a clean new game?
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    @mysticsphere Yes, but in some cases you may need to start a new game.
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    neoesprit said:

@LiamEsler : first of all thank you for taking the time to update this growing list of compatible mods it makes things easier for us =)

If you have some time (and only if that don't bother you) could you sort the mods by categories ? If you continue updating that list that could help us find mods and in the long term it will help you keep track of things without the list becoming to messy.

Anyway that was my 2 cents, thanks again for this list =)

Well, he could seperate it into categories, but right now, he has everything in recommended install order, which is more useful imo

• shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239

Well, he could seperate it into categories, but right now, he has everything in recommended install order, which is more useful imo

Agreed - install order can be vital when the mods start piling up. Better to leave it as it is, at least for now, so mistakes aren't made that would cause problems...
    StoneSwords
  • XellosXellos Member Posts: 16
    @Foggy: So, basically, for Item Upgrade, I should install something else on this list, then Item Upgrade will install correctly?

Hopefully it gets fully updated to the new version of WeiDU so no extra steps are necessary, but that sounds good to me. :)

If Item Upgrade is working, I think I'm pretty much good to go. I need my Celestial Fury!

Thanks so much for all your work on this, guys!
    Foggy
  • StoneSwordsStoneSwords Member Posts: 180
    you could just download the latest weidu, rename the exe to something like setup-new(just for an example), and then drop the renamed exe into your game folder. That way whenever a mod uses weidu, you already have the latest version in the game folder, so it'll update automatically
    Foggy
    @Xellos Exactly. Edited my initial post to be clearer.
  • NamikNamik Member Posts: 11
    Noob's question. When should I install WeiDU if I go by order installation in this topic ?
  • AN_ALPACA_WADAFUKAN_ALPACA_WADAFUK Member Posts: 29
    Weidu is not a thing you install
    @Namik
    You don't need to, any mod updated to work with BG2EE already use the latest WeiDu version 235, so mods coded to work with EE but with previous versions of Weidu will update automatically.
  • CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    Apparently Almateria's Restoration Project was converted to BG2EE by its author, although it probably should be tested, if installs and works correctly.
  • AlmateriaAlmateria Member Posts: 257
    Apparently is the key word here, since I don't have BG2EE and I'm not going to until it's at -80%, since I'm a stubborn poor. But it would be nice if someone checked!
  • MannockMannock Member Posts: 3
    edited November 2013
    So I have a noob problem too and I hope someone can help me. I downloaded the banter pack mod. I executed the setup file and I noticed it couldn't locate my game directory for BG2:EE. I selected it manually though. The files unpack correctly but when the window pops up for installation I get an error message which states:

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

FATAL ERROR: Failure <"Not a game directory">

So if I understand it correctly, the mod doesn't seem to think I have the game installed? The game is installed though, I can play it just fine.

Does anyone know what's wrong here? I bet it's me who did something wrong somewhere. :)

*edit*

And yes, I have tried uninstalling and then installing the game again. That didn't resolve my issue.

• BARBAROSSABARBAROSSA Member Posts: 17
    Is there a mod that adds the WIS modifier to monks, as in 3rd edition rules?

• mr_namelessmr_nameless Member Posts: 37
    Latest Weidu version (235) there :
    http://www.weidu.org/main.html#weidu
  • omertaomerta Member Posts: 2
    Mannock said:

So I have a noob problem too and I hope someone can help me. I downloaded the banter pack mod. I executed the setup file and I noticed it couldn't locate my game directory for BG2:EE. I selected it manually though. The files unpack correctly but when the window pops up for installation I get an error message which states:

Please run this program in your Infinity Engine game directory.

FATAL ERROR: Failure <"Not a game directory">

So if I understand it correctly, the mod doesn't seem to think I have the game installed? The game is installed though, I can play it just fine.

Does anyone know what's wrong here? I bet it's me who did something wrong somewhere. :)

*edit*

And yes, I have tried uninstalling and then installing the game again. That didn't resolve my issue.

Having this very same problem, but with BG2 Tweaks. Fresh install, downloaded mod, attempted installing and ran into that error.
  • tobajastobajas Member Posts: 77
    edited November 2013
    @Mannock
    @omerta

Well not sure if this will help or not but I have had no problems with installing the mods so far I put all my extracted files into my game forlder which for me is C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00783
    I then from there start the mod installation unless the setup starts it directly after extracting my files there

On the mods though I have'nt had any major problem yet except for one small issue which is more annoying then game breaking, in BG Tweak Pack there is an option to change the color of the Commoners to a more dull color to make them more distinct from the nobles the only thing this one has done for me though is to make most of the commoners and nobles completly brown, I mean skin color, hair color, clothes, shoes everything to be honest it looks like everyone has had a big let's roll around in the turd pile festival and I was'nt even invited! HRMPH!

My mods are in installation order
    Tales of the Deep Gardens
    Dungeon Crawl
    Assassinations
    Back to Brynnlaw
    The Sellswords
    CoM Encounters
    Banter Packs
    IEP Extended Banters
    Unfinished Business
    Dungeon-be-Gone
    Wheels of Prophecy
    NPC Flirt Packs
    Romantic Encounters
    Gibberlings Three Anniversary Mod
    BG2 Tweak Pack
    omerta
  • ALIENALIEN Member Posts: 1,270
    @LiamEsler
    [in progress] aTweaks (just needs an updated version of WeiDU)

atweaks 4.10 skips all components. What I'm missing ?
  • callimachuscallimachus Member Posts: 86
    @LiamEsler The Yoshimo Friendship mod is in red, but isn't actually a link...
  • NamikNamik Member Posts: 11
    edited November 2013
    ALIEN said:

@LiamEsler
    [in progress] aTweaks (just needs an updated version of WeiDU)

atweaks 4.10 skips all components. What I'm missing ?

//You have to go to atweaks folder, open setup-atweaks.tp2 with notepad. Then you have to add bg2ee to every "REQUIRE_PREDICATE ENGINE_IS ~bg2 tob~" line.//

Actually it doesn't work. I mean it no longer skips all components, but it gives error and doesn't allow them to be installed.
  • MannockMannock Member Posts: 3
    tobajas said:

@Mannock
    @omerta

Well not sure if this will help or not but I have had no problems with installing the mods so far I put all my extracted files into my game forlder which for me is C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00783
    I then from there start the mod installation unless the setup starts it directly after extracting my files there

That actually solved it.

When I was prompted to specify the directory for the game I chose:

E:\Spel\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced edition (and that didn't work)

I had to specify the following directory:

E:\Spel\Baldur's Gate II Enhanced edition\Data\00738 (and that did work)

So that's a tip for others with the same problem ( @omerta ).

omertanirac
  • LavaDelVortelLavaDelVortel Member Posts: 2,680
    Ok, folks. CoI: I Shall Never Forget v4.0 is here and it works with BG2EE. Once Liam is here, it will be added to the list. You can get it at SHS; the same location as TotDG :)
    CahirOxva
  • AlmateriaAlmateria Member Posts: 257
    Okay, Lava checked some things and my mod definitely works. Liam add it to the list
    Please ;_;
  • JonelethIrenicusJonelethIrenicus Member Posts: 157
    LiamEsler said:

@coorta88 It is definitely incompatible at the moment.

Is there any plans to make it compatible with EE?
This discussion has been closed.