Cite your favourite BG1, BG2 quotes in this order:
1. Epic quote - "quote here", Name of the person you cite
2. Wise quote - "quote here", Name of the person you cite
3. Funny quote - "quote here", Name of the person you cite

Comments

• happslapphappslapp Member Posts: 53
    1. I cannot be caged! I cannot be controlled!, Jon Irenicus
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    3. "Magic is impressive. But, now, Minsc leads. Swords for everyone!" - Minsc
  • DrugarDrugar Member Posts: 1,566

3. Funny quote - "I don't think you're happy enough. I'll teach you to be happy!" - Alora

Sounds like a Joker quote...
  • siriuslukesiriusluke Member Posts: 31
    1. Epic quote - "You point, I punch." - Minsc

2. Wise quote - " The Lord of Murder shall perish. But in his doom he shall spawn a score of mortal progeny. Chaos will be sown from their passage. So sayeth the wise Alaundo." - Chanter

3. Funny quote - "My old tavern's as clean as an Elven arse!" - Winthrop
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    Oh come on, everyone knows the most notable quote from Baldur's Gate 2...... Go for the Eyes Boo, Go for the Eyes!
  • MoomintrollMoomintroll Member Posts: 1,498
    1. Epic Quote - You have the rank smell of Golodon the Unmanned, Bastard! - Dradeel
  • CloutierCloutier Member Posts: 228
    1. Epic quote: Enslaved children??? Even *I* am disgusted. Die, scum! (Korgan to the slaver captain)
    2. Wise quote: Fool! Do you think I would cross one such as Sarevok? I am no lackey! (Angelo)
    3. Funny quote: My former owner used to say I was "sharp" and "edgy". He was such an ass. (Lilarcor, the talking sword).

(1&2 quoted from memory, original quote might be much better)
  • LordsDarkKnight185LordsDarkKnight185 Member Posts: 615
    1. Epic quote - "I will be the last! And you will go first..." - Sarevok
    2. Wise quote - "Do not waver. Were I in your shoes, I would lunge at this opportunity... it is no less than what I died attempting. Take it...grab hold of what you deserve!" - Sarevok
    3. Funny quote - "Well, other than a slight obsession with my weight and the resurgence of a few pimples, it's been simply grand." - Sarevok on having a piece of Imoens soul.
  • SceptenarSceptenar Member Posts: 606
    edited August 2012
    1. Epic quote -"Silence dog, you have no purpose here but to die by my hand." - Jon Irenicus
    2. Wise quote -"Not to imply anything, but how do you measure up to your own standards? Pestering strangers about their mental state doesn't seem all that well adjusted to me" - The PC
    3. Funny quote -"Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart-arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it and pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!" - The PC
  • g314g314 Member Posts: 201
    edited August 2012
    1. Epic quotes:
    - "Butt-kicking for goodness!" ~Minsc
    - "My sword, my soul, my hamster...all of these I pledge to...to Aerie, my witch... HEAR THAT, EVIL?! MINSC HAS A NEW WITCH!! WOE IS YOU!" ~Minsc, again
    - "Heh, I do not fear death... do you?" ~Sarevok

2. Wise quotes:
    - "I have learned much about myself that perhaps was better left unknown." ~Your PC to Cadderly in Candlekeep, Chapter 6
    - "He who fights with monsters should look to it that he himself does not become a monster... when you gaze long into the abyss the abyss also gazes into you..." ~Friedrich Nietzsche, Beyond Good and Evil, Aphorism 146

3. Funny quotes:
    - "I fear I have taken one too many blows to the head! Next I'll be hearing hamsters speak!" ~Your PC to Melicamp the chicken
    - "The day comes when Tiax will point and click!" ~Tiax
    - "Yer all buffleheaded." ~Imoen
    - "Elminster this, Elminster that. Give ME 2000 years and a pointy hat and I'll kick his arse!" ~Edwin
    - "While leader, I shall endeavor not to get all of us killed." ~Xan
    - "I may be an intelligent sword, but I've had no formal edumication." ~Lilarcor
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    Butt-kicking for Goodness is right up there with Go for the eyes :)
  • Twilight_FoxTwilight_Fox Member Posts: 448
    Lilarcor: I don't know what you were expecting, but as a sword I'm pretty one-dimensional in what I want.

Lilarcor: Y'know, once, I was like, a Moonblade.

Lilarcor: You know I am an intelligent sword, although I had no formal edumacation.

Lilarcor: I know! Start swinging! Eventually you'll lop off the head of someone important and then the good fights will REALLY start!

Lilarcor: My brother's a +12 Hackmaster!

Lilarcor: What's my status? Since when do you care about me unless I'm impaled in something's guts? Oh well, fine, let me think for a minute... Well, as a matter of fact I would like to register a complaint. I want to kill a dragon. Right now. Go find one and kill it. That would be SO cool.

Lilarcor: Hands up, kiddies, who wants to die?

Lilarcor: Kill it! Kill it quick before they're all gone!

Lilarcor: Advice, eh? Well, besides working a little on your swordsmanship. Besides that, I'd have to think. Hmmm... find someone rich, and kill them. Find someone richer, and kill them, too! Hack and slash you way to fortune! Woo-hoo!
  • drawnacroldrawnacrol Member Posts: 253

1. Epic quote - "Silence dog, you have no purpose here but to die by my hand." - Jon Irenicus
    Spine chilling and delivered in a terrifyingly calm manner. Without a doubt my fav exchange of dialogue in any game/book/film.

2. Wise quote - " Do not stow thrones in grass houses! " - Minsc

3. Funny quote - "Me will crush you! Crush you to GOO! " - Ogre
  • raywindraywind Member Posts: 289
    Epic "ever pathetic ever fools"
    Wise "ever pathetic ever fools"
    Funny "ever pathetic ever fools"
  • CheesebellyCheesebelly Member Posts: 1,727
    Just two quotes from mr. Irenicus here :

Epic and wise -

"Life... is strength. This is not to be contested; it seems logical enough. You live; you affect your world. But is it what you want? You are... different inside. This woman lives and has strength of a sort. She lost her parents to plague, her husband to war, but she persevered. Her farm has prospered, her name is respected and her children are fed and safe. She lived as she thought she should. And now she is dead. Her land will be divided, her children will move on, and she will be forgotten. She lived a good life, but she had no power; she was a slave to death. I wonder if you are destined to be forgotten. Will your life fade in the shadow of greater beings?"

Somewhat funny - (at least, it made me giggle every time)

"Typical. If I had a sense of humor left I might find that funny. I do not, on both accounts."
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    3. "Your feeble skills are no match for MY magic." ~Sunin, BG1
  • j0lssonij0lssoni Member Posts: 53
    1. "Ho there wanderer. Stay thy course a moment to indulge an old man."
  • KraytKnightKraytKnight Member Posts: 31
    1.Chia, ch ch ch chia- Khalid
    2. Stop touching me!- Xzar
  • NimranNimran Member Posts: 4,875
    1. "What about now?" -Noober

2. "Never take raisins from rabbits, never spit in a man's face unless his mustache is on fire, and never wear a pair of wooden knickers unless you've a good supply of salve." -Portalbendarwinden

3. "Prepare to meet your doom! Hihihihihihihihihihihihihi!" -Jan
  • semiticgoddesssemiticgoddess Member Posts: 14,903
    1. "I left them bloody and battered. I did not flee."
    2. (When you say you don't know the answer to a riddle) "Then you were right not to answer."
    3. "Beware my bite for it might... might... might really hurt or something."
  • lnstructor_lnstructor_ Member Posts: 76
    3. "Hmph. I suppose I'm okay. Why? Are we gonna kill something now? No? How about now? No? Hmmm... now, maybe? Grrrrrr..." -Lilarcor
  • JumboWheat01JumboWheat01 Member Posts: 1,028
    1) "Ok, I've just about had my FILL of riddle asking, quest assigning, insult throwing, pun hurling, hostage taking, iron mongering, smart arsed fools, freaks, and felons that continually test my will, mettle, strength, intelligence, and most of all, patience! If you've got a straight answer ANYWHERE in that bent little head of yours, I want to hear it pretty damn quick or I'm going to take a large blunt object roughly the size of Elminster AND his hat, and stuff it lengthwise into a crevice of your being so seldom seen that even the denizens of the nine hells themselves wouldn't touch it with a twenty-foot rusty halberd! Have I MADE myself perfectly CLEAR?!"

2) "Everyone in town used to throw rocks at me and tell me I was annoying."

3) "Ouch. I mean... 'Moooooo.'"
  • tbone1tbone1 Member Posts: 1,985
    1 Epic: "You bore me, mageling" might be my favorite line from a game, ever.
    2 Wise: Mazzy's line about appreciating each day we see because others aren't so lucky has become more poignant as I've gotten older.
    3 Funny: After Viconia tells Jan how she will hurt and torture him, he replies "By the gods, Viconia, I am so turned on right now" made me laugh out loud.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited March 2017
    During my more tedious work days I start quoting to myself, and sometimes voice acting softly out loud if no one is around:

1) "*Yawn* I should'a joined the army."

2) "Get me out of this hellhole!"

3) "*Hack* I think I'm coughing up blood!"

4) "It's so dark!"

And while in schools, bookstores, and libraries:

5) "These walls contain the world's knowledge."
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    ?. ??? - "My friend Oppenheimer's got some cool invention cooked up" - Priest of Gond
  • 1. Epic quote - Everything Sarevok says. Yup, everything.

2. Wise: Happy happy joy joy, happy happy joy joy." Alora

3. Funny:

-"Cernd: Poor Edwin. When nature casts aside an appendage, she is confident it will return in the proper season. My heart weeps for your insecurities. Weep, weep.

- Edwin: (I wonder what his nature would say about the cleansing power of fire. I wonder.)"

I know it's not a quote, but twas hard to resist.