Skip to content

BGII:EE Compatible Mod List

Comments

• CahirCahir Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,819
    edited November 2013
    Ok guys, here's a short list what I would like to see converted too. Please let us know if there are plans for conversion of these mods.
    - Refinements
    - Oversight
    - Virtue
    - Redemption
    - Longer Road
    - Alternatives
    - SimDing0's Quest Pack
    - Item Pack (Daulmakan's)

I know Item Revisions and Spell Revisions are being worked on (along with Kit Revisions, but this is probably going to take some time) as we speak.

When (if) these mods will be converted I will be extremely happy player:)
    JonelethIrenicus
  • WorgWorg Member Posts: 170
    Wisp said:

The development version of Item Randomiser dated 131118 is compatible with BGII: EE, including the translation.

aTweaks v4.20 is tentatively compatible with BGII: EE, including translations.

Oh cool! I was using an older version that didn't work. I have installed it and it seems to work so far. Thanks!
  • ScooterScooter Member Posts: 182
    Anyone know if the expanded thief stronghold mod is going to be made compatible at some point?
  • impsyimpsy Member Posts: 5
    @Foggy /weeps in joy

Now to start a new game so I can enjoy Kelsey tormenting that dick Anomen right from the start. Best. :3
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Tsujatha Melalor Romance http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?board=17.0 is good to go.
    Fina92
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Kindrek, that psychotic wizard/magic hater http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?board=15.0 is friendly with BG2EE. Friends? Really?
  • FuineFuine Member Posts: 40

TDD is on my list, but its near the end of that list. There are a lot of things that would have to be done, being such a big mod, not to mention the way its set up, it uses that Worldmap mod. So there is a lot of work to be done with this mod.

Fuine said:

Any news on these? :D

The Darkest Day

Thx mate :D
  • FuineFuine Member Posts: 40
    I am sorry for my noobriety but how does this install order thing work?
    For ex Ascension is at the top of the list. Say I installed every single mod on the list. And Ascension got updated. What do I do to update ascension?
  • NamikNamik Member Posts: 11
    It's my first time using Yasraena mod, so I have a question. Is it normal for her to get damage every time I load the game or when I re-equipe her Fireflower sword ?
  • eraloneralon Member Posts: 1
    Is anyone working on Level 1 NPC's http://www.gibberlings3.net/level1npcs/

Or any other mod that allows you to change classes of your companions?
    HelminoErg
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    @eralon: Practically speaking, you can always use EE Keeper to make individual changes to specific NPCs...
    Foggy
  • FoggyFoggy Member Posts: 297
    edited November 2013
    @Fuine In case you want to install Ascension, you'll have to uninstall and re-install all the mods since Ascension takes precedence in the install order. Say you want to update or add an NPC, you'll have to uninstall all mods you put after said NPC, update the mod then re-install all mods following the list order.

It's better to finish your current playthrough before adding or updating mods, else your save will have errors, especially NPC mods like voice/name all mixed up and random bits of text when selecting your party companion.
    Some of these mods it's safe to update cos they have a string fixer indicated in their Read me, either of the hot-key variety meaning you select the NPC or highlight his portrait and press a hot key and you're good to go, or via dialog by force-talking to the NPC like PID in romances and you'll have an option to fix his/her voice.
    ex: You want to add Kelsey
    - uninstall all mods starting from Keto and the ones following in the list order
    - Install Kelsey, then Keto and the rest of the list
    - press K in game to have Keto dialogues, scripts, voice and name fixed, L for Faren, force-talk to Isra and tell her something wrong with her voice etc..

NPC (I know of) that have string fixers and it's safe to install, update and re-install in the middle of a game, correct me if I'm wrong:
    Amber SHIFT-K
    Tashia Remix force-talk
    Kivan and Deheriana Companions K
    Fade F
    Xan K
    Yasraena force-talk
    Auren Aseph force-talk
    Sarah force-talk
    Tiax K
    Angelo K
    Ninde no string fixer to my knowledge, hope @LiamEsler adds one to both Ninde and Arath
    Arath no string fixer
    Saerileth L
    Tyris Flare none, maybe will have one when updated to bg2ee
    Darian no string fixer
    Yvette Romance no string fixer
    Tsujatha force-talk
    Coran K
    Branwen K
    Kelsey K
    Keto K
    Nathaniel K
    Iylos no string fixer
    Faren L
    Adrian couldn't find a string-Fixer, maybe I'm wrong
    Isra force-talk
    Nephele no string fixer
    Petsy Chattertone no string fixer.

@Namik It's an error I got with Yasraena even in vanilla bg2. Something is wrong with Fireflower code that apply bonus damage even to it's wielder.
    FuineSCARY_WIZARDbooinyoureyes
  • vnkwerjauvnkwerjau Member Posts: 28
    Is there anything like a big world pack for BG2:EE or a Mod pack?

I just want to play with some mods to add to my experience, without breaking the balance or spending hours on download/install and ednelss questions which usually either spoils something or get me out of the mood to play.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    I don't add string-fixers to my mods because really, you should not be uninstalling and reinstalling during a playthrough. It can cause so many different issues.
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • FoggyFoggy Member Posts: 297
    You're right of course, still string-fixers are a convenience for when you have to update because of a game or quest breaking bug in some other mod, and find that you can't talk to your favorite NPC and have to remove him from the party or start a new playthrough. Did it and was bummed to let Ninde go when already in chapter 6. And with bg2ee, people will be uninstalling and reinstalling a lot with the continuing flow of the upgraded mods.
  • belascobelasco Member Posts: 18
    If somebody could do me a favor and upload a mirror for the latest windows version of Dungeon Be Gone I'd be very grateful, none of the links on pp are working for me, been trying for days.
  • kulyokkulyok Member Posts: 33
    We're not doing a mirror of PPG mods without JCompton's approval. If the links are still not working for you, shoot him a PM - he'll talk to the hoster.
  • leeowensoasleeowensoas Member Posts: 81
    Does aTweaks work for BG:EE AND BG2:EE? I've seen notes on compatibility with the second game but not the first?
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Sir Ajantis for BGII mod is now BGII:EE compatible:
    Download Sir Ajantis for BGII

The alternate Ajantis portrait choices are in a separate mod now: Ajantis Portrait Pack for BG(II):EE
    booinyoureyes
  • velehalvelehal Member Posts: 299
    Is there any hope that Quest Pack from PPG will be updated? I know that it is old mod but it is very good mod, most of its components fit very well in the game. I would dare to say that they are almost non-recognizable as mods.
  • MerDeNomsMerDeNoms Member Posts: 2
    Yeah, a convenient installer of multiple mods would be very handy - I've just spent an hour installing the mods separately, skipping most of the npc ones. Hopefully some dedicated pro will solve that issue sooner or later. :)
    velehal said:

Is there any hope that Quest Pack from PPG will be updated? I know that it is old mod but it is very good mod, most of its components fit very well in the game. I would dare to say that they are almost non-recognizable as mods.

According to his post at PPG it seems that @Wisp is cautiously willing to take a torch of updating, bugfixing and converting Quest Pack to BG2EE if there will be mass interest of it. But he gives no promises.

So guys, we need to keep our interest on this mod and maybe he will do it for us (fingers crossed).
  • WispWisp Member Posts: 1,102
    @Cahir
    You misunderstand. I said I would update QP back in September and it will happen regardless of interest. The bit about getting it done while the masses were still eager was an attempted joke (not to be misconstrued for a promise to have it done soon).
    @Wisp yeah I maybe spiced your message a little, sorry about that. I was simply very pleased to know you would update Quest Pack.
    Anyway I'm looking for it with great interest.
  • AlexTAlexT Member Posts: 760

Does aTweaks work for BG:EE AND BG2:EE? I've seen notes on compatibility with the second game but not the first?

It's only compatible with BGII:EE for now.

We are looking into making it compatible with BG:EE as well but it may take some time.
  • jasteyjastey Member Posts: 2,669
    Adalon's Blood is now BGII:EE compatible:

Download Adalon's Blood
  • SternbalsamSternbalsam Member Posts: 1
    @CoM_Solaufein
    The game freezes when trying to recruit Tsujatha, right after his joining dialogue (which works fine by the way).
    Has someone else of you tried the mod yet?
  • tdnntdnn Member Posts: 1
    Yo Liam! Thank you so much for this post! Can you please keep a changelog of dates and updates you've made to the list so I can get the latest goodies without photo memorizing the last edit?
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @tdnn Check the 'post edited by' line right at the bottom :)
    SCARY_WIZARD
  • LordInsaneLordInsane Member Posts: 38
    LiamEsler said:

@tdnn Check the 'post edited by' line right at the bottom :)

Well, that allows the reader to see that you've updated it since last they checked, but I don't think the reader (at least we ordinary non-moderator-power readers) can see *what* you changed...
This discussion has been closed.