Skip to content

Original Artwork - Aerie

2»

Comments

• deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Amazing work as always.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    Nixxi said:

Admittedly, I initially only kept Aerie in the group because of her versatility as a character, but then she grew on me. The way I see her is that she's still a bit naive and childish in the beginning, but the group's experiences have an effect on her and she's forced to grow up over the course of the story. The character's side stories have always been one of my favorite reasons to love BG.

Also, I really appreciate all the nice comments.

Much agreed. The one time I was getting used to her, Bodhi made me kick her out for Valen. D: Well, that and she was kind of moving in on Nalia's territory, I have the Nalia Romance mod from PPG installed...
  • AHFAHF Member Posts: 1,376
    Fantastic!
  • NixxiNixxi Member Posts: 30

I have the Nalia Romance mod from PPG installed...

Are there any mods like that for the male npcs? I prefer celibacy over Anomen.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    edited March 2013
    Nixxi said:

I have the Nalia Romance mod from PPG installed...

Are there any mods like that for the male npcs? I prefer celibacy over Anomen.
    I think there's a Valygar mod somewhere out there, but I'm not sure.
    I preferred baiting Anomen and then shutting him down hard, and then celibacy. :3 And then hitting on Firkraag and baiting Hendak, thanks to Romantic Encounters. >:3 But yeah, I could have sworn I saw a Cernd and Valygar dealie somewhere around.
  • KilivitzKilivitz Member Posts: 1,459
    edited March 2013
    @Nixxi

Spellhold Studios has romance mods for Edwin, Haer'Dalis and Sarevok.

I can't comment on the quality as I haven't played them or read any reviews, but there you go!

The Valygar romance @SCARY_WIZARD mentioned was apparently a work in progress, dropped a few years ago. That's all I could find.
    @SCARY_WIZARD @Kilivitz I'll have to check those out. Thanks.
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    Zeckul said:

All your portraits are simply amazing.

I think her most amazing portrait is the one she uses as her forum avatar.

@Nixxi - Is that a self-portrait? Either way, it's very beautiful.

I'd love to use that picture for my charname portrait, if I could have your permission - and if you have a larger version that I resize to fit the portraits dimensions?
    @SharGuidesMyHand Thank you. That's actually the portrait for my child of Bhaal character, or part of it anyway. I got her about 1/2 done, then got side tracked with the companion portraits. Her face was mostly done and the avatars are small, so I just cropped that out for forum use. I can put her up when I complete her though.
  • NecdilzorNecdilzor Member Posts: 278
    She looks really nice! Great work :D
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    These pictures of yours are AMAZING. I snagged this one, and the Viconia and Imoen ones (I think the Imoen may be my favorite, but it's a tough call between it and this one) and use them in my BG games now. Thanks a bunch for sharing them, and I'm looking forward to seeing if you do more!
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    I already said Hi on Deviantart. But again, your work is AMAZING!
  • BaldursCatBaldursCat Member Posts: 432
    edited August 2013
    Coutelier said:

She doesn't do any whimpering or whining, either (except when she's first being taunted by Viconia); she's generally shown as a quiet, introspective but determined character

Yup, Anomen even comments on how quiet she is. I believe the line is: "You don't say much do you?" She does, of course, just not to him. Unabashed Aerie fan here, she's lovely and "I won't let me friends be hurt" as she's lobbing a well aimed slingshot at a beastie is one of my favourite things. Your portrait is gorgeous @Nixxi
  • CoutelierCoutelier Member Posts: 1,282

Coutelier said:

She doesn't do any whimpering or whining, either (except when she's first being taunted by Viconia); she's generally shown as a quiet, introspective but determined character

Yup, Anomen even comments on how quiet she is. I believe the line is: "You don't say much do you?" She does, of course, just not to him. Unabashed Aerie fan here, she's lovely and "I won't let me friends be hurt" as she's lobbing a well aimed slingshot at a beastie is one of my favourite things. Your portrait is gorgeous @Nixxi
    Edwin also says 'Aerie, I've noticed, the unfortunate fact that you live by one of the great lessons of history that nothing is often a good thing to do and a clever thing to say.' Admittedly, Anomen and Edwin are two characters who might just not notice anything she says over the sound of their own voices. But the ones who say she whines, like Viconia and Korgan, are ones who are just dismissive and antagonise other characters all the time anyway.
  • MoczoMoczo Member Posts: 236
    Ooooooh, very nice. It's recognizably Aerie, but looks more... smooth than the in-game art. I'd love to see more like this.
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283

Bhaaldog said:

Nixxi said:

Thanks!

I'm glad you guys like her. I wasn't sure what kind of a reaction an Aerie portrait would get since I know so many players don't care for her.

Aerie looks great! How could someone not like Aerie, she has a cute personality!
    Jaheira placed a foot on the orgre's head as she hauled her scimitar from the maze of the ogre's brains. Three of the monsters lay dead an...
    "your hair sure looks pretty in that light Jaheira"
    "Silence Child!!"
    ROFL!
  • laptopman666laptopman666 Member Posts: 283
    great portrait though, quite possibly the best one I have seen of Aerie. wow
  • GamingFreakGamingFreak Member Posts: 639
    edited November 2013
    I want all of these as alt. portraits, they're incredible. Tip of my hat to you.

EDIT: Just made a quite passable portrait version of the art to use as an alt for Aerie. Might share it at a later time.
    Post edited by GamingFreak on