Skip to content

Ask Us Anything! (Volume 3)

Comments

• kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Dee said:

Simulacrum isn't supposed to make the caster invisible, so that's working as intended.

If you haven't already posted the other issue in the Bugs section, I recommend doing so.

Maybe my mistake about simulacrum then :(!
  • WanderonWanderon Member Posts: 1,418
    edited November 2013

Never mind......
    Post edited by Wanderon on
  • Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418
    kamuizin said:

2 bugs atm in the black pits, both of them in fact.

In BG and BG2 Black pits enemies are following peope when they're invisible.

In Blackpits of BG2, Simulacrum isn't making the character invisible, it only create the copy.

The level 6 spell Mislead is the spell that creates an illusory copy of the caster while turning you invisible just an FYI!
  • PurudayaPurudaya Member Posts: 816
    kamuizin said:

Dee said:

Simulacrum isn't supposed to make the caster invisible, so that's working as intended.

If you haven't already posted the other issue in the Bugs section, I recommend doing so.

Maybe my mistake about simulacrum then :(!
    You're thinking of Mislead :)

Wanderon said:

Just started a new game in BG2EE and when I imported a level 1 character it did not auto-level to BG2 Levels as they did in the original?

Bug or feature?

OK I figured this out - you have 3 ways to import into BG2EE instead of just two - I copied my character file from BGEE to BG2EE and when I start the game all of the options from that are available in the start game screen (where the create choice is) - if I choose one of those instead of create then it shows up in game at whatever level it is in the file.

If I choose create - then I get the character creation screen and from there I can choose import and get to choose between character file and save game and if the character I choose there has less than 89K then the game increases it to that.

Kewl beans! It's looking like BG2EE is going to be BG2 with awesome sauce! Thx!!!

JuliusBorisov
  • MrSextonMrSexton Member Posts: 396
    @Dee
    When can we expect the first Antibug-update for BG2EE?
  • PaulgPaulg Member Posts: 115
    MrSexton said:

@Dee

well so far, ive only run into one bug, and im half-done with SoA, just the no Watchers keep bug, but i know the work-around for future play-throughs. so far im happy.
  • Nic_MercyNic_Mercy Member Posts: 418
    I'm crashing
    Paulg said:

MrSexton said:

@Dee

well so far, ive only run into one bug, and im half-done with SoA, just the no Watchers keep bug, but i know the work-around for future play-throughs. so far im happy.
    My game crashes whenever I try to examine Sarevok's Sword of Chaos +2 or whenever I try to select spells after casting Minor Sequencer. Some of us may be experiencing bugs you're not for a variety of reasons >_>
    Paulgelminster
    oh i understand, i wasnt tryin to say the game is flawless or that it doesnt need some pretty heavy patching, i just dont see any major bugs that make this game unplayable, mine crashes sometimes too, but im a heavy quick saver, sometimes just on reflex, lol. so im usually good if i have to reload.
    MrSexton said:

@Dee

Not sure what the hold up is the game has been out for over 48 hours...

• SharnSharn Member Posts: 188
    edited November 2013
    Wanderon said:

MrSexton said:

@Dee

Not sure what the hold up is the game has been out for over 48 hours...

It has not been out long, but the bugs are making it unplayable for me the further into the game I get.

So far I have encountered the memory leaks and crashes that everyone is having and I don't have access to Watcher's Keep both of which are pretty big.

On a more personal note for the first time ever I thought I could play an Archer into TOB without dragging down the party, unfortunately, it seems they have nerfed bows and arrow damage across the board in BG2, which makes no sense, leave it strong in BGEE where melee has trouble keeping up with ranged and nerf it hard in BG2EE when melee easily over takes ranged.

Regardless, I didn't give up hope right away but then discovered that all magical arrows are also broken and being treated as non magical arrows, so of course I am not playing my archer and probably never will at this rate, and then getting frustrated with the other bugs is making me think I should just forget about the game for a few months and check it out then.
    Paulg
    i can somewhat agree with you about the archers, however, there are easy work-arounds to most of the issues too, (you lose the thac0 bonus i know) but you can use arrows of acid/fire/ice. those are nice. plus the rate of fire on a level 12+ archer makes up for damage, and the thac0 bonus from class bonus, whew man.. my archer kicks a$$. tears lower mobs apart, and gets some mages before they even fire a spell. "IF" they were nerfed, id like to have seen them before, cause D@mN!
  • SharnSharn Member Posts: 188
    How far into the game are you? Archers start to fall way behind the further you progress into the game. With the changes they will be doing less then half the damage of a melee oriented character with the weapon that's damage is completely resisted more then any other type in the game.

Those small bonus elemental arrows become terrible very fast, they are not magic weapons so soon you will be facing enemies where the only damage that they will ever apply is the 2 points of elemental damage, assuming you can even find enough arrows to keep using them.

Crossbow Archer is semi viable with firetooth crossbow, they will do as much damage in fewer attacks as a bow archer with the lower attack speed but the bonus damage it gets, it also use to count as a +5 weapon for purposes of what it could hit, though I am unsure if it still does. You will still be doing half the damage of melee characters and still constantly run into enemies that are either immune to piercing damage, projectile damage or both fairly often, but its probably the one weapon in the game that they can be playable later in the game with.

My warrior/thief is currently capable of doing 5 attacks per round dealing around 22-30 damage per hit that never gets resisted, can stealth, backstab, use thieving skills, can set devastating traps and will one day get epic traps and use any item. Archer already cant compare, and the higher level you get the further they fall behind.
  • InfiltratorInfiltrator Member Posts: 121
    Any plans to make Cernd more useful (werewolf / greater ww is pitiful).
  • GleichgewichtGleichgewicht Member Posts: 6
    Sacond try: Whats about the german soundfiles? News from the Beta?

BGII EH is out but no sign of the promised soundfiles for BGI EH. Much german people buyed BGI EH to support you and trusted you with the german soundfiles.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Gleichgewicht
    Have you applied the 1.2 patch? The German sounds are in there already.
    elminster
  • GleichgewichtGleichgewicht Member Posts: 6
    Ah ok, thx. Dont have patched it since release because I wanted to wait for the german soundfiles. Fine, thx now I can play. :)
  • dementeddemented Member Posts: 388
    Could I get a free copy of BG2:EE in return for performing sexual favours on you?
  • podpity_joepodpity_joe Member Posts: 21
    Where can I find Dorn, Rasaad and Neera in BG 2? I'd like to collect them as early as possible in order to experience the new content. I already found Hexxat the thief.
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213

Where can I find Dorn, Rasaad and Neera in BG 2? I'd like to collect them as early as possible in order to experience the new content. I already found Hexxat the thief.

Check out the opening page when you open the game, where it lists the new characters. If you click them, the bottom of their description says where to find them.
  • JamesJames Member Posts: 110
    Akihiko said:

I think we're keeping the old videos, which is a shame since I greatly preferred to new resting videos. Is there a way to mod them in?

Agreed. Honestly, I'm just hoping that they had to rush out BG2:EE a bit so they temporarily skipped unimportant things like those videos, and they'll be implemented later.
    I hope you're right the old ones stuck out like a sore thumb .... I also find the fireplace at the inn quite mesmerizing
    elminster
    Sharn said:

How far into the game are you? Archers start to fall way behind the further you progress into the game. With the changes they will be doing less then half the damage of a melee oriented character with the weapon that's damage is completely resisted more then any other type in the game.

Those small bonus elemental arrows become terrible very fast, they are not magic weapons so soon you will be facing enemies where the only damage that they will ever apply is the 2 points of elemental damage, assuming you can even find enough arrows to keep using them.

Crossbow Archer is semi viable with firetooth crossbow, they will do as much damage in fewer attacks as a bow archer with the lower attack speed but the bonus damage it gets, it also use to count as a +5 weapon for purposes of what it could hit, though I am unsure if it still does. You will still be doing half the damage of melee characters and still constantly run into enemies that are either immune to piercing damage, projectile damage or both fairly often, but its probably the one weapon in the game that they can be playable later in the game with.

My warrior/thief is currently capable of doing 5 attacks per round dealing around 22-30 damage per hit that never gets resisted, can stealth, backstab, use thieving skills, can set devastating traps and will one day get epic traps and use any item. Archer already cant compare, and the higher level you get the further they fall behind.

yea i can kinda see what you saying now, i think my archer is at his peak.... but there is no where to go from here, i have my favorite bow (the strong arm +3) and there arent any better bows.. not even in ToB. and yea bows are mostly usable on "junk mobs" and humans, most monster types resist... youve won me over, i regret making an archer.... should have gone crossbow at least. but still.
  • AranthysAranthys Member Posts: 722
    Any plan to include the "Easy Item Pick" toggle to BG:EE ?
    JaySee84Adul
  • StanStan Member Posts: 15
    edited November 2013
    nvm I've done it by myself
    Post edited by Stan on
  • MadhaxMadhax Member Posts: 1,416
    Hey Dee!

Loving BG2EE so far, give my best to everyone at the office. You guys really nailed it. A couple questions after playing it a few days:

-Any plans to implement the IWD2 weapon loadout system? Four mainhand/offhand weapon slots, rather than a dedicated shield slot and limited weapon slots depending on class. Quickly swapping between a ranged weapon, dual wielding, or a sword and board was really nice in that game.

-Any plans to make the action bar customizable? I ask this frequently and never hear much about it, so hopefully I'm not annoying you guys, but it's something I'd really love to see. For example, I never use Turn Undead with Dorn, so I'd love to be able to make that button, say, Draw Upon Holy Might.

-I love the quests of Dorn and Hexxat so far, but there are several balance/design suggestions I have for them. Should I go to Feature Requests, or are you already aware of some issues and looking into changing them? For example, in one of Hexxat's quests,
    if you agree to help the Spirit Monks against the Mind Flayers, very frequently the Monks will turn hostile for annoyingly wrong reasons. If one gets confused and attacks another, they'll all go hostile against the player. This is obviously a relic of the ancient hostility system, but it really makes the quest frustrating. Making the monks immune to such effects or giving a dialogue option to tell them to hang back would greatly improve the quest, in my humble opinion.
    Faydark
  • BeowulfBeowulf Member Posts: 236
    Hello, I read some spoilers here on the Romance with Hexatt. My character is male. But, from what I understand the character must be female to have a romance with Hexatt. Is that correct? I had played up to TOB and Neera had some romance with the male charater but Hexatt had none.
  • AkihikoAkihiko Member Posts: 213
    Yes, Hexxat is a lesbian.
  • ankhegankheg Member Posts: 546
    Would it be possible to modify the engine so we could use Maximum Frame Rate at 60 (for MUCH smoother scrolling) without the game speeding up? I know it's not really possible to create new frames for the animations, but you could either just double them, or use some kind of algorithm to create the illusion.
  • KurumiKurumi Member Posts: 520
    K.. just two questions..

1. Will there be more DLCs for BG/BG2 containing new NPCs, Races, Classes/Kits, Quests, Items, etc. in the future?

2. Any chance to see a female Tiefling Witch (Kit from "The Complete Wizard's Handbook") as NPC or at least the Tiefling Race + Witch Kit as choice for creating CHARNAME?
    edited November 2013
    Multi/solo question - I usually take less than 6 PCs when I make a multi game I plan to play solo but was fooling with a party of 6 and when I dismissed one to take Jahs into the party (for the exp) my dismissed PC left the area. Tried again using the reform party function and again I only have two options - goodbye or stay in party and if I let them go they disappear. (I assume never to be seen again)

I expected to have the PC stand around where I released them (which IIRC is what they do in BGEE) until I ask them to return.

Feature or bug? (This is in BG2EE)
    Post edited by Wanderon on
This discussion has been closed.