Skip to content

#7169 [DORN] - ToB Dorn Quest Bug? *Spoilers*

lostdragon05lostdragon05 Member Posts: 17
edited November 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
In ToB I left Saradush then did Watcher's Keep and Neera's quest. When I try to leave the clearing at the end of Neera's quest for any other area I get waylaid by four Crusaders and the Planetar of Justice who are looking for Dorn. I have tried everything I can think of but the Planetar is unkillable. Its status goes to Near Death and I continue to see damage done to it but it will not die. Am I missing something or is this a bug?
Post edited by Troodon80 on

Comments

• lostdragon05lostdragon05 Member Posts: 17
    Another note on this, if I try to leave the area the game sends me right back and the angry Planetar is still there near death. Basically I am completely stuck, I may have to turn on cheats and kill it that way in order to advance. I have a feeling that will break Dorn's quest though.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    Kill the rest of the Crusaders, then attack the Planetar. :)
    edited November 2013
    I did... I killed all four crusaders and beat on the planetar for over 20 minutes while I cast every spell I could at it and summoned everything from undead to invisible stalkers to mord's sword to a fallen deva. Nothing will kill it.
    edited November 2013
    It's not meant to die; it's meant to initiate dialog and then escape through a portal to Lunia. What happens if you just leave it, and stop attacking it for a while?
    lethaltoconcrete
    If I try to leave the area it sends me right back to the same area no matter where I click on the map. The planetar is still hostile and just attacks again. I cannot get out of this area at all.
    Can you please shoot your savegame to liam.esler@gmail.com with a quick description of the problem? I'll take a look.
    Thanks, I shot you an email with a copy of the save folder.
    C:SetGlobal("OHD_planetar","oh5400",5) and then force-talking the Planetar will fix it. Still trying to work out what's going on, as this isn't an issue I've encountered before.
    edited November 2013
    Thanks, what file does that go in?

Edit, NVM, figured out it is a console command :) Thanks again.
  • VehineVehine Member Posts: 1
    edited November 2013
    I'm lucky this was posted, I ran into this situation myself. I had to reload and everything worked as normal.

I think the bug might have something to do with the state the Crusader NPCs are in when they're killed. Between Meteor and Greater Command, I'd KO'd three of them before sending my front line to wail on the Planetar as the ranged finished off the crusaders. Lo and behold, immortal Planetar.

Edit: Eh, maybe not. Randomly crashed on the Planetar's dialogue, redid the fight, knocked them unconscious again, everything still worked as normal.
    @Vehine Yeah, I spent some time trying to reproduce this issue, but wasn't able to. It's a weird one.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @LiamEsler: A duplicate thread with some saved games in it. @Gate70 is working through the issue again with a different post.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/27435/dupe-7169-planetar-in-dorn-quest-in-tob-won-t-die
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    Same just happened to me - after Maze'ing one of the crusaders. I flattened him when he got back but the planetar stayed unkillable :/
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited April 2014
    @winters zip and upload your saved game please so I can take a look.
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Any knowledge on how to fix this? Sadly, the information from the other thread has been lost.

I'm having the same problem. Leave the city, find myself in a small grove, Dorn randomly starts a romance talk when not being romanced, four crusaders and a planatar appear, I kill the crusaders, then wail on the planatar repeatedly but no conversation starts (and she's unkillable both by the Ravanger's vorpal effect and the famous CTRL+Y). Can not get to Sendai or Ab, as every time I try to leave the map, I get taken back to it when traveling. The 'C:SetGlobal("OHD_planetar","oh5400",5)' doesn't seem to work, whether I do it before the planatar attacks or after she's already turned hostile. I suppose I could dump Dorn or just jump around by using mapcodes, but I'd rather see if it could be fixed. I do have knowledge of the console and of EEKeeper, if they're needed.

Attached the save right when I'm leaving the city and about to run in to her. This is a modded game: both Adrian and Fade are in my party.
  • argent77argent77 Member Posts: 3,431
    @Twani One of the conditions for the Planetar to start the conversation is that Dorn has to be alive. But for whatever reason, your Dorn is marked as dead. I have reset his death variable, so his quest should work out correctly now.
    Gate70
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    Huh. Well, Dorn was buggy for me all throughout out the game (his third quest with the patron choice never triggered, no matter how many times I left the Helmite camp, thus I never got the sword, thus I couldn't corrupt the tree because of No Valid Replies, and then just to add to the confusion the Silver Dragon's never spawned), so I suppose I shouldn't be too surprised. With my no cleric/druid party, he ended up getting raised an awful lot. Not sure how the variable never got set- I wonder if I ctrl+R raised him once? That would have been way back in the Underdark, though...

Regardless, thank you so much for the fix, @argent77. It worked, and I finished the game.
  • Beamer92Beamer92 Member Posts: 2
    I'm having a similar issue. Not sure how to reset Dorn's death variable if that's the problem, but I had him killed then rezzed him the right way (not CTRL+R) and I still have that problem. I tried the console command and the planetar still won't talk to me after all the crusaders are dead. Here's my save. As soon as I travel to the Mtns I'll get the encounter and I get stuck. Thanks
    Save.zip 736.8K
    edited June 2014
    @Beamer92‌ I fixed your save, Dorn had died 50 times XD
    Also, @Tresset‌ or @Gate70‌, it seems that I found a new bug, if you choose the option two in the Planetar's first dialog, it will loop forever. To replicate use the save in this same post, or I can provide mine too as well.
  • Beamer92Beamer92 Member Posts: 2
    Yeah I'm a dirty cheater :) Thanks!
    CrevsDaak
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    I am not familiar with Dorn's ToB quests.
    Tresset said:

I am not familiar with Dorn's ToB quests.

But you can write a report :)
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    All 3 choices worked fine when I tried that save @CrevsDaak‌
    CrevsDaak
  • YurezYurez Member Posts: 2
    Hello everyone, got the same problem with dorn quest's planetar... Can u fix my save too?)) Tnx alot in advance.
    Try this @Yurez‌ not sure how far through you had got.
    CrevsDaak
  • YurezYurez Member Posts: 2
    Thank you very much, @Gate70‌ !
  • FinnschFinnsch Member Posts: 3
    hi, i have the same problem, could you fix my safegame, too? if you tell me where to find this variable, i can do it with the EE Keaper myself. Tank you alot in advance
    sry, i loaded my savegame up as .rar, here is a .zip version. btw, if I kick Dorn out of the party befor I travel, strange things happen, he joins me again, but he is in my pocket-plane and i am in fight, but he is in my group.
    edited July 2014
    This is a local variable issue @Finnsch‌ so I'm not sure how to do via EE Keeper. You can either open the console when the planetar should retreat and force the action, command below, or take my save where I have done this for you - there are a few bits of dialogue which you will miss if using the save.

C:SetGlobal("OHD_Planetar","OH5400",6)
    Thank you very much for the fast help. You are an awesome developer crew. That is the best support I had in a long time for ingame-bugs.
    CrevsDaak