Skip to content

#7190 [HEXXAT/CORE] - Hexxat Dies/Leaves Immediately upon Start of ToB

MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
edited December 2013 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
I just finished SoA with Hexxat in my party and she immediately dies at the very beginning of ToB. It's as if she's been exposed to sunlight for too long (the "Dying" snake icon appears on her portrait). She first loses all but 5 HP right after loading the game, quickly turns into gaseous form, and then dies. I've tried putting Dragomir's Cloak on her, resurrecting her, using the CTRL-R CLUA command, and even kicking her out of my party, but she dies over and over again in the same manner no matter what.

I didn't see this reported in the master bug list or find any other threads reporting this issue. However, I haven't looked in the threads with spoilers since I don't want to spoil things for myself (I already read one spoiler unintentionally while using the forum's Search function).

I've attached the save game.

Update: I tried resting for 8 hours and she "resurrected" herself. She then turned into gaseous form, took Dragomir's Cloak and Respite (which was full of items), took off toward the end of the map, and disappeared. Is this a bug or part of the plot? The reason I'm asking is because I can summon her in the pocket plane, but she doesn't have any of the items and her level is much lower.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @Mortianna: One question before I post this up:

Does this happen to be the same concept as: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/26086/7184-hexxat-in-tob-hexxat-disappears-when-removed-from-party

Or is this something different?
  • AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282
    edited November 2013
    @Mortianna have you tried resting immediately without kicking Hexxat out? or is this not possible to do because she's taking damage.

the latter part of the bug report does sound a lot like what @Illydth linked but the part where she's killing herself seems unique.
  • MortiannaMortianna Member Posts: 1,356
    edited November 2013
    @Illdyth The link you gave with @sunset00 's bug report sounds like a possibly related, but not the same, problem. He's talking about summoning Hexxat in the ToB pocket plane (not having her in SoA), removing her from the party, after which she leaves instead of standing around like the other characters do.

At the beginning of ToB, when my party (with Hexxat) is automatically imported from the end of SoA into the Spirit Forest with the stone heads the following occurs:

1) Hexxat immediately is reduced to 5 hp, turns into gaseous form, and then "dies." She is still in my party but dead.
    2) After resting for 8 hours, she is resurrected and her HP are fully restored, but the same process in # 1 occurs.
    3) She then removes herself from the party, takes Dragomir's Cloak and Dragomir's Respite (i.e., the bag of holding containing her coffin), "walks" away, and disappears.

@Aranneas All of this occurs while she was in my party. She does the same thing if I kick her out.

UPDATE: I did the final battle with Irenicus again in SoA and it led into ToB with no issues with Hexxat. She didn't have Dragomir's Cloak on at first (causing her to catch fire, as usual), but it stopped when I put it on her. None of the previous behavior has happened yet. Could this be some random glitch?
    Post edited by Mortianna on
    @Mortianna: First, thanks for the response! I'll see what I can do to get this filed up.

So, what are the differences between your first and second attempt?

Do you happen to have a saved game from the first import where Hexxat is killing herself over and over again?
    @Illydth The saved game from my first import is attached to my OP. I haven't experienced any problems after the second attempt.
    @Mortianna: There is no saved game attached to your first post, either that or it got deleted.
  • sunset00sunset00 Member Posts: 310
    Mortianna said:

@Illdyth The link you gave with @sunset00 's bug report sounds like a possibly related, but not the same, problem. He's talking about summoning Hexxat in the ToB pocket plane (not having her in SoA), removing her from the party, after which she leaves instead of standing around like the other characters do.

Hello, yes, that's it; 2 different cases apparently (mine was with a fresh summon /ToB - also with a little similar trouble with Dorn; Dorn summon accepting to wait, but always sensitive to the REP levels -aka refusing to rejoin the group later if REP>18 as for him-..contrarily to all the other 'evil' char that don't apply that old rule in the pocket plane -realizing visibly they are blocked and have no other ways to go out anyway..than to follow if called.whatever the REP) ) ; only Dorn was always sensitive to that REP>18 apparently - but that other glitch was minor compared to the Hexxat v1.2.2030 one anyway..she not only did not came back to simply wait like the others, but just disappeared so (just leaving her bag though^).. That Hexxat summon glitch is already corrected in an inner fix apparently..so will be ok for the next patch / her summon correct wait behaviour too so. k ).

edited November 2013
    @Illydth

The file should be showing now. Uploaded files seem to get deleted/become unavailable once you edit a post.
    @Gate70 Do you mean Dragomir's Respite?
    Since the Casque is removed from her inventory after finishing her quests in SoA.
    edited December 2013
    @Troodon80 / @LiamEsler: Can you confirm the spoiler posted by Mortianna above? Is that correct or does the issue stem from the missing item?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited December 2013
    @Illydth, the spoiler is accurate. For the non-spoilered portion, Dragomir's Respite should still be there.

I cannot see a link to the save game that was attached, otherwise I would take a look (found it).
    @Troodon80: The saved game is attached to the first post. If you need it I can re-upload it.
    @Illydth, no, no, that's fine. I've linked it in the first post instead since it appears to disappear as mentioned above. I'll take a look at this.
    @Mortianna,

Using C:SetGlobal("OHH_hexxatjoined","LOCALS",1) should do the trick. That should at least be a temporary workaround until the issue is fixed.

I don't suppose you have a 'Final' save from Shadows of Amn that I could look at?
    @Troodon80

I've attached my final save to this post.

After experiencing the problem with Hexxat in ToB, I reloaded a save I had just before the final battle with Irenicus, defeated him, and Hexxat continued ToB just fine. I haven't had any problems with her since.

@Gate70 She wasn't killed in the initial battle with Irenicus, so I don't think it was that. She wasn't wearing Dragomir's cloak, however. Since ToB starts at 0600 (daylight), I wonder if the sunlight exposure damage was applied all at once.
    edited December 2013
    @Mortianna, that save game confirms what I had thought. Locals get wiped when the character dies and you load/re-load. I have no idea what happened to make her die, however, and that could be a different issue entirely. This particular issue has already been logged as #7190. :)
    Marking this for 7190.
  • neutralneutralneutralneutral Member Posts: 9
    experiencing the same. she was in gaseous form and just left for no reasons. i tried:
    1- rest 16hrs immediatly and she still leaves, by night.
    2- heal her consecutively but she still just drop the party and flies away
    3- call her upon her leave. appeares busy
    4- kick her out before she leaves, and she just leaves without any dialogue.

I guess what i can d is to strip all the goodies on her and hope to meet her again?
    @neutralneutral, did you try the work-around listed above?