Skip to content

[BG:EE]Dark Horizons Released

Comments

• CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Are you using a new saved game? Old saved games with patches, uninstalling, reinstalling mods can cause all sorts of problems.
  • Talos59Talos59 Member Posts: 13
    Thanks for your quick reply! Install is working, I'm going to test it right now =)
    I m not 100% sure it s related to your mod (as i installed 3 last night) but now the game freeze when i try to enter larswood. Do you know what is happening?
    FYI, i did not create a new game, it was a loaded game.
    Thanks!
    DH doesn't add anything to Larswood.
    hmm so maybe it's another mod, thank you for your quick reply! I'll check by uninstalling/reinstalling everything one by one
  • KenKen Member Posts: 226
    Where can I find the new NPC's?
    Thorin is at Ulgoth's Beard at the tavern and Nikita won't show up to offer to join until after you fight the Section bosses.
    So far it is kinda fun, although insanely broken items makes everything a bit silly. It makes everything a piece of cake, no matter how "tough" the enemies are supposed to be

My game crashed when talking to Wendell (some druid outside of the mines after its destruction). So I just made him hostile before dialog, hope it dosen't brake anything.
  • astraurtypastraurtyp Member Posts: 2
    I really enjoyed this mod so far. After defeating Daevorn in the mines the game crashes after resting. It doesn't matter, if you rest inside the mines or outside after freeing the slaves.
    The latest patch ist installed and I do not use any other mods. Without this mod there are no crashes.

I am near the end of the game, am I supposed to kill Sarevok before your mod kicks in? You might wanna inform people more about what is supposed to happen in the mod.

I killed the fanatics a long time ago, and haven't heard anything from "the section" since
    Okay, by accident I met Davorn or whatshisname. I just finished the mod in total. My thought?

The items are what killed this mod. I thought that the enemies would be SO TOUGH that I would kinda need them, but I simply just moved everyone down with a party of 3. (Cleric/Ranger, Thorin & Bealoth) and Bealoth nearly never used his magic skills.

The items needed nerfing BIG TIME. I don't even think my character will be as powerfull in BG2 at lvl 30 with top gear, as he is now at lvl 7/8 with DH gear.

You might say that I could choose to ignore the items, true, but you would presume they where so powerful for a reason? But no.

Even the final boss, the mage, was easy peasy. Certanly didn't help that he WALKING STRAIGHT UP TO MY FIGHTER to initiate dialogue. And he didn't even put up defenses. Wham bam, dead

And how come all the guards gave like, 6500 xp? They where not worth more than 2000 tops!

I liked the dungeon of the section, and even though the fight was piss easy, It was still fun to explore.
    I might be stupid, but I can't enter the oversight estate, I checked the map on your site (I'm at the good place) and kill everybody in the section, but I can't find the entrance. Is there something special to do?
    IF this is for EE, did you talk to Nikita who is waiting outside of the house in Beregost? Whether you take her in your party or not, talking to her will trigger the entrance to be selectable. The entrance is found rough around the front of the house in this screenshot http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=4832.msg76909#msg76909
    It is for EE and I talked to Nikita. I just went back to Beregost, and accepted Nikita in my group but it doesn't change anything, I run my mouse around the house and can't find any entrance ><
    Is it on the north west face of the building?
    Yes around the NW face of that building. Its not an actual door but it'll show up as an entrance when you run your mouse over it.
  • atesates Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2013

Screw it. This game is so damn stupid. No more dialog for Wendell. He and his party will just be hostile.

Moving on.

After Cloakwood Mines, Wendell encounter (hostile druids) for whatever reason his dialog crashes the game at the last dialog state. Don't see a damn thing wrong with it.

im using version 2.10 of your mod wendell still talks and locks up the game any ideas on away around it? Would killing him with ctrl+y have any negitive affects later on?

hm, strange, I move my mouse all over but can't find any entrance >< No one ever encounter this issue?
    For the druid, I just killed him with fireball before he talks ^^
    I don't know why it doesn't show up. Once you talk to Nikita it sets the global for it to appear. You can use the console to set the global to Global("AcceptNikitaAid","GLOBAL",1) or just move to the area which is CM0750.
    Thank for your help, I'll do that!
  • deanengemoendeanengemoen Member Posts: 2
    Can't get this to work. I followed the installation instructions and am told "no translation exists for @0". Any help would be appreciated, I'm looking forward to using this mod.
  • StevevdlStevevdl Member Posts: 73
    I am in Beregost wanting to pick up Neera with a first level party and when the fight starts the morninglord standing right there turns hostile and turns party into mincemeat. Is this intended behaviour or a bug? Dark Horizon is the only mod installed
    You will have to post the Weidu error log. There are a lot of dialogs that are translated besides the setup.tra. It'll make it easier to narrow down what the problem is.

Can't get this to work. I followed the installation instructions and am told "no translation exists for @0". Any help would be appreciated, I'm looking forward to using this mod.

Did anyone in your party or Neera accidentally hit him with a spell or anything?
    Stevevdl said:

I am in Beregost wanting to pick up Neera with a first level party and when the fight starts the morninglord standing right there turns hostile and turns party into mincemeat. Is this intended behaviour or a bug? Dark Horizon is the only mod installed

• StevevdlStevevdl Member Posts: 73

Did anyone in your party or Neera accidentally hit him with a spell or anything?

Yes, That happened a few times But there was a time where I managed to kill every thing and as soon as the last thug died the morninglord went hostile.
  • deanengemoendeanengemoen Member Posts: 2

You will have to post the Weidu error log. There are a lot of dialogs that are translated besides the setup.tra. It'll make it easier to narrow down what the problem is.

Hopefully this is the right file.
  • lansounetlansounet Member Posts: 1,182

Stevevdl said:

Had the same issue, looking at scripts the DH morninglords respond to the same shout used by the thayan bodyguards.

• TrazzyTrazzy Member Posts: 6
    Just wanted to say I really appreciate the hard work you put into this mod. I recommend combining it with Sword Coast Stratagems for maximum challenge--especially with regards to the spell-casters :-)

Definitely agree that many of the items are OP, even for the challenges being faced and even with SCS installed. I have been hand-modifying them down to be weaker, but still cool, versions of what you designed. This definitely works, though it breaks immersion a bit.

Overall though, great work.
  • TrazzyTrazzy Member Posts: 6
    By the way, I had the same issue with the Morninglord going hostile. That made that battle brutally difficult, but enjoyable. From an RP perspective I just imagined that from his perspective, he saw Neera attack first, and moved to defend the respected red wizards instead of my band of misfits :-)
  • TaffyTaffy Member Posts: 3
    Ken said:

Okay, by accident I met Davorn or whatshisname. I just finished the mod in total. My thought?

The items are what killed this mod. I thought that the enemies would be SO TOUGH that I would kinda need them, but I simply just moved everyone down with a party of 3. (Cleric/Ranger, Thorin & Bealoth) and Bealoth nearly never used his magic skills.

The items needed nerfing BIG TIME. I don't even think my character will be as powerfull in BG2 at lvl 30 with top gear, as he is now at lvl 7/8 with DH gear.

You might say that I could choose to ignore the items, true, but you would presume they where so powerful for a reason? But no.

Even the final boss, the mage, was easy peasy. Certanly didn't help that he WALKING STRAIGHT UP TO MY FIGHTER to initiate dialogue. And he didn't even put up defenses. Wham bam, dead

And how come all the guards gave like, 6500 xp? They where not worth more than 2000 tops!

I liked the dungeon of the section, and even though the fight was piss easy, It was still fun to explore.

Aye, a mod with potential - but had to uninstall it shortly after the Nashkel mine encounter. The items from the caravans in FA inn were op enough, but at least they had high price tags. Handing my Lvl 2 fighter +4 plate mail and a +3 battle axe? Nah.

Decent effort, though sort out the gear.
  • kiwidockiwidoc Member Posts: 1,437
    edited June 2014
    I also struck the problem with Neera and the Morninglord. I couldn't kill him the normal way - too early in the game to be powerful enough. I also didn't want to ruin my reputation, or make any of the other members of the Temple angry with me - so I got brutal, and cheated. I used Ctrl Y to nuke him before the battle started. It worked with no hassle, but it was hard to be a good girl, and not take that delicious loot I hadn't earned.

I've got one serious complaint so far - [spoiler] The ogre mage and his pals are sitting right on the entry area for AR5200 (Dryad Falls). This means a low level party who's just collected Dynaheir and Minsc and are running back to Nashkel land literally right in the middle of a serious battle with no chance to buff, and no control over who stands where. Not good![spoiler]