Skip to content

Alternate NPC and PC portraits... just because! :P

Comments

• SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    If anyone is looking for something unique to Baldurize, perhaps someone might consider this?

• wht111wht111 Member Posts: 24
    Astafas said:

wht111 said:

Wow. That new Neera portrait is absolutely amazing, you did a great job guys. But one thing i don't like is this lightning background, everything else is close to perfection. KUDOS :)

Thank you. What would you like for background then? I might make a special just for you, if you ask nicely. ;-)
    You will do that for me? Thank you very much.
    Hmm. Background from the original Neera poirtrait is really nice, or something similiar would be good.
    Please make it happend :D
    I will use it for Nerra custom avatar in BG2EE.
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    edited December 2013
    I was wondering.

I have a picture that I really like for my "main" charname. A male Elven Sorc pic that I found on deviantart (don't remember who it was by) but I don't have the original anymore (external HD died on me) but it doesn't really have a very good background. Or one at all really.
    It's just a sorta brown bleugh thats just there.

Would it be really gross, or inappropriate, to ask if any of you awesomely talented arty people could give the portrait an appropriate baldur's gate inspired background?
    The portrait itself fits in BG quite well I think but it looks odd without the background...
  • SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,580
    marceror said:

This thread is a gold mine.

Indeed! I find myself regularly nabbing pictures and saving them on my PC, just in case I might want to use them at some point in the future. I almost feel like a portrait scavenger! :P

There's a ton of great art here. I am particularly amazed with the quality of the art of @Isandir, to say nothing of how prolific he is.

This thread really ought to be stickied, as one of the new definitive sources for BG portraits!
    I agree, I habitually revisit this thread and this one here: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/11758/ladyrhian-s-too-many-pictures-for-any-thread/p1
  • vierraevierrae Member Posts: 103
    edited December 2013

This thread is a gold mine.

Yeah, and to tink I used to spend oodles of time searching the net for apropriate art that would fit in BG series. Sheesh :)
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    @Isandir Now that's a beauty to my liking! =D
    Did you intend for her right tusk to appear thinner than her left one, though? Just curious.
    edited December 2013
    @Isandir yaaay! Waiting for CuChoinneach revision :)
  • GreenpaktoGreenpakto Member Posts: 80
    Isandir said:

Revision #12: Juoda. The second of the proposed additions to the new release of DSotSC, I created Juoda with the intention of providing the option of a pure sociopath joining your party. As a fanatical priest of Talos, she has fully embraced her faith to the point of tattooing the mark of her god on her forehead, ritually scarring her face and removing one eye. (I drew a bit of inspiration from http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/Talos. If you think about some of the more obscure items in BG, the article should also give a hint of the quest we had in mind for her.) Again, hopefully she'll make it into the final release.

My first portrait of Juoda was simply too dark (as was the image of the original model: http://rachaelkent.com/wp-content/gallery/shoots/dsc2052.jpg) and leaned more toward the human side of her half-orc heritage. I altered her features more dramatically in the new version and changed several other aspects of the portrait.

imageimage

@Isandir: That is a REALLY good half-orc! I have to admit I didnt like the original version. This upgrade on the other hand, its awesome, and "fits" bg like a glove! FINALLY a good female orc portrait, ive looked everywhere.
    Would you consider making a male half-orc when you upgraded your other portraits?
  • wht111wht111 Member Posts: 24
    Astafas said:

wht111 said:

Astafas said:

wht111 said:

Wow. That new Neera portrait is absolutely amazing, you did a great job guys. But one thing i don't like is this lightning background, everything else is close to perfection. KUDOS :)

Thank you. What would you like for background then? I might make a special just for you, if you ask nicely. ;-)
    Hmm. Background from the original Neera poirtrait is really nice, or something similiar would be good.
    Didn't recall if you prefered human or elven eyes, so I made a version of both. It's not exactly the same background (that has to low quality) but I've made a similar.

Absolutely fantastic work! Thank you so much ♥
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    @Isandir

I like her.

You have made her so that she is still "attractive" but in an Orcish manner instead of conventionally "pretty" by human standards.
    And as @Greenpakto said it really fits the whole BG aesthetic fantastically - much better than the original.
  • AstafasAstafas Member Posts: 448
    wht111 said:

Astafas said:

wht111 said:

Astafas said:

wht111 said:

Didn't recall if you prefered human or elven eyes, so I made a version of both. It's not exactly the same background (that has to low quality) but I've made a similar.

Absolutely fantastic work! Thank you so much ♥
    Peace and love. :-) (Actually, I'll probably go for this calmer background myself in my current run - I lean more towards the fuzzy BG2 background style than the crispier BG1 style.)
    I've been thinking here, maybe someone is oh so bored and would be so nice and sweet to finish my drow portrait? It'd be great. If need be, I can post original photo, it's very high quality. Pretty please? :)
    vierrae said:

I've been thinking here, maybe someone is oh so bored and would be so nice and sweet to finish my drow portrait? It'd be great. If need be, I can post original photo, it's very high quality. Pretty please? :)

I can't promise you anything, but could you email me the high definition photo? Sure you want a drow? (Been doing a lot of those...)
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    Love this thread
    Astafas said:

I can't promise you anything, but could you email me the high definition photo? Sure you want a drow? (Been doing a lot of those...)

Well, my DnD charactars have always benn drow, but if perchance you'd like to change that, I wouldn't mind, since artist's view is sacred :) And your email is?..
    vierrae said:

Astafas said:

Well, my DnD charactars have always benn drow, but if perchance you'd like to change that, I wouldn't mind, since artist's view is sacred :) And your email is?..
    I've sent you a personal message. :-)
  • EnterHaerDalisEnterHaerDalis Member Posts: 813
    all we need now is a slutty voice set to go with the slutty neera portrait and I can feel completely less annoyed and purely justified in romancing her

@EnterHaerDalis go for Viconia, no? Though I must admit, Neera's high-pitched voice annoys me.
  • AldericAlderic Member Posts: 37
    edited December 2013
    Isandir said:

I obviously had to save the mysterious elf for last.

Last... Really sorry to hear this is the last from these wonderful portraits. I would enjoy seeing more BG style portraits made by you. For example, I'd love to see your take on Hexxat's portrait :)
This discussion has been closed.