Skip to content

Android release date

Comments

• etotheoetotheo Member Posts: 61

Siriom said:

"Stop comin to the forums . Get splashtop or learn to use gem.

Isn't that the said piracy that you aren't supposed to be discussing?

Also, I don't mind having the game to play on PC, or supporting devs on games I love. I just wish they'd stop marketing Android releases that never come.

Both Splashtop and GemRB can be used on the level...

• SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    ...daamn. You folks are still here?
  • MystraTheMageMystraTheMage Member Posts: 71
    Yes, I should get a medal!
    You sure as hell should.
    "Biggest Android release fan ever" or "Saddest Android supporter ever".
    Let the admins choose.
    Hahaha, well at least I get to play it on my Acer W3. Perhaps if I close my eyes and wrinkle my nose, I can imagine I am on my Note 3....
    Honestly...the Android tablet I wanted to play it on is already so old I might
    a) replace it with a new one by the time BGEE actually appears on Androids
    b) just throw it away and don't care about BGEE on Android anymore

...so far it looks more like b)
  • DullSkullTheSecondDullSkullTheSecond Member Posts: 243
    Can hardly wait for the release...
    Southpaw, the touchscreen experience and the portablity on my Acer Iconia W3, is phenomenal! and if you get home or have more space, you can always connect a bluetooth keyboard and mouse!
  • Dice42Dice42 Member Posts: 55
    Trent Oster tweeted a couple of hours ago that they're still hopeful about getting it out before christmas!

@DanielBarkley We are trying. Bugs are getting fixed and we are getting closer. I'm hopeful we can squeak in pre-christmas.

— Trent Oster (@TrentOster) December 2, 2013
  • pandacakepandacake Member Posts: 39
    im getting google play cards for xmas so it being ready by then would be perfect..if it works with samsung tab 2 that is
  • Kwiat_WKwiat_W Member Posts: 37
    Dice42 said:

Trent Oster tweeted a couple of hours ago that they're still hopeful about getting it out before christmas!

@DanielBarkley We are trying. Bugs are getting fixed and we are getting closer. I'm hopeful we can squeak in pre-christmas.

— Trent Oster (@TrentOster) December 2, 2013
    Christmas 2014 right? or maybe 2015? 2020? 3000? 26764467777776454????
  • Out2lunchOut2lunch Member Posts: 57

So I originally joined this forum exclusively for BGEE Android... I just earned my One Year badge... Fml...

Same...
    sad thing is this thread started in December last year and the 2nd post says the android version works their just fixing bugs , 12 months later and here we are still hoping to have it before christmas
  • amftronamftron Member Posts: 109
    pandacake said:

sad thing is this thread started in December last year and the 2nd post says the android version works their just fixing bugs , 12 months later and here we are still hoping to have it before christmas

Aye, but think of all the extra bugs they managed to add between then that they've had to fix !
  • GoddardGoddard Member Posts: 134
    I am still waiting on this as well...I am hoping the Linux version comes out along with the Android version.
  • ChetChet Member Posts: 64
    The meme thread is closed, and that was the only thing distracting me from the lack of an android release. :(
    Just buy an Acer W3 and bask in the glory of an 8 inch touch screen experience. P.s They are super cheap at the moment.
  • onkelosuppoonkelosuppo Member Posts: 12
    I play it on my Windows tablet too, but the touchscreen experience is awful. What's more awful is the performance, which is pretty much nonexistent. So waiting for a decent Android release is the best choice we have.
    PS: Don't understand it anyway that Overhaul makes a BG:EE simutlaniously to Win8 being released without a touchscreen optimization. wtf?
  • BudrogBudrog Member Posts: 1
    If you only have a Bluetooth keyboard, would the touchscreen be OK?

So I originally joined this forum exclusively for BGEE Android... I just earned my One Year badge... Fml...

Same here...even though I gave in after several weeks and bought the PC version (I thought I would not have enough time to play on my PC...guess what - I found it and I do not regret it)
    I have the PC version of BGEE, how well does it work via splashtop? I've never tried it.

Still... to play anywhere remotely it would cost 2$ a month + mobile data + power to keep the PC running.
  • solodsolod Member Posts: 58
    edited December 2013
    Chet said:

I have the PC version of BGEE, how well does it work via splashtop? I've never tried it.

Still... to play anywhere remotely it would cost 2$ a month + mobile data + power to keep the PC running.

regular BG1 does not work that well with touch controls - I haven't tried the EE. I find it hard to scroll around. If you have a Bluetooth mouse hooked up to your tablet that can work. I actually found the most playable way is to use GemRB. A lot of people have complained about how hard it is to get it to actually work but using my Nook HD+, I got it running in about 15 minutes. I've used a bluetooth mouse/keyboard combo and its playable; BG2 ran very smoothly. Touch controls are not ideal although using a stylus works much better once you master the very light taps on the edge of the screen to scroll around. Will I continue to play it once BG:EE is released on Android? Hell no. I want something designed for the tablet. While GemRB works okay, if I am using a mouse anyway, I may as well play on my computer.

I have used splashtop to play Neverwinter Nights via a bluetooth mouse and that works really well especially if I'd rather play on my couch than on the computer. NWN:EE for android would be incredible. Trent Oster was lead designer on the original. But I should say, only if they released it with all the premium content so the OC could be avoided. And especially if there was some way to play all the user created modules. NWN is seriously the best time I've had playing any CRPG.
    I agree with that, NWN is amazing, especially player made content. Here here, to a new hope, wish, whatever you want to call it.

Let's hope #TrentOster read this thread........
    I have an Asus Transformer with the keyboard/trackpad dock. But, last time I tried running GemRB it crashed.

Should I give it another try? Does it work with BG:EE? or would I need to run the non-EE versions?

I would love to see NWN on Android. The 3.0/3.5/Patherfinder rules are my favorite RPG ruleset.
  • solodsolod Member Posts: 58
    edited December 2013
    As far as I know GemRB is specifically for the old infinity engine games and I don't think it would work for the EE. Your luck in running GemRB probably depends heavily on your device. Did you follow the directions as closely as possible? I used this tutorial:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LH6K8VeeLNg

As much as I'd like it to happen, I doubt NWN will ever be ported to Android or any tablet for that matter. NWN doesn't seem to carry the same kind of respect that the Baldur's Gate or Icewind Dale games have among most gamers. My impression is that NWN is judged mainly by its OC as well as the initial expansions which is a shame I think because there is such a WEALTH of fan made adventures (which many IMO are on par with BG 1+2) and mods. The original intent of NWN was for it to be released as a toolset but it got advertised for the OC since Bioware didn't think that the toolset would be the primary selling point. But it really is the best part. You literally could play NWN the rest of your life and never run out of quality adventures to play. The fan made stuff is where the gold of NWN is at.

NWN: EE pretty much already exists anyway because of fan made mods. The NWNCQ does a complete overhaul of the graphics: http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=hakpaks.detail&id=7848&comment_page=16#Files

I also use this mod which improves the henchman AI:

http://nwvault.ign.com/View.php?view=hakpaks.detail&id=4510

I'll probably just get a windows tablet some day and play my NWN on the go with that. @Chet - is your Asus Transformer the new windows tablet version? I'm sure you could play BG on that right now? At least the original pre EE version.
  • onkelosuppoonkelosuppo Member Posts: 12
    edited December 2013
    The Windows tablets (even with Atom Z2760) play the original BG and NWN well. The BG:EE runs ok too. However BG 2:EE stutters really bad. The lack of Touchscreen support is a game killer though. Even with a Digitizer Pen side scrolling is bad. With Finger touch I imagine it to be impossible.
    This experience is based on my Asus Vivo Tab with Intel Atom Z2760 SoC.

Still I believe an Android version, which was specifically made for a tablet will run way nicer.
    @solod Not windows. Android. Asus Transformer Infinity Tf700.

When I last tried GemRB it was just with the free demo module. I have all those games from GOG. So I guess I just need to find the time to install, and see if it works.

I'll still buy the android version of BG:EE when it comes out.

I can confirm that Nwn is very much playable on my Acer Iconia W3. I also installed Warhammer Dawn Of War plus expansions.

Needless to say, I had a fun filled night.

P.s All settings were lowered to a minimum, bit graphically and experience wise, it was very enjoyable.
    according to twitter his sent BGEE 2 to apple yesterday, so hopfully this means all focus on BGEE 1 for android users ,, 17days till Christmas which will come first