Skip to content

[DUPE] - Keldorn keeps firing one-liners

tahatmattahatmat Member Posts: 4
edited December 2013 in Not An Issue
I am currently in a situation where Keldorn keeps spamming his one-liners (those that he normally says when you select him or command him to do something).

I am in De'Arnise Keep, and when I am outside he does this. If I go inside, he doesn't do it, but if I then return outside, he starts again.

I have tried kicking him from the party and letting him rejoin, I have tried killing him and resurrecting him, I have tried saving/loading and I have tried restarting the game -- none of this works.

Is there a fix for this kind of issue? The game is unplayable now that he does this since he interrupts my charname.
Post edited by Troodon80 on

Comments

• tahatmattahatmat Member Posts: 4
    There you go! Notice that Keldorn is silent when standing inside, but as soon as you proceed outside he will start being annoyingly chatty.
  • AranneasAranneas Member Posts: 282
    I experienced a similar bug with Neera when i tried to force-talk her when initially entering the Wild Forest, immediately after her join dialogue she starts spam-talking and I could not get her to stop. Reloading and just walking up to her to let her initiate dialogue herself worked fine.
    I did the Keldorn-returning-home quest. I will try to take him to the government district.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Gate70 said:

Inspecting the savegame via eekeeper looks like there are some "Will Not Display Specified String" issues. I'm not familiar with these so maybe someone like @Troodon80 can have a look.

@Gate70, that's probably something to do with Paladin resistances.

This sounds like one of those times where a NPC would try to talk to you but have no actual dialogue.

I'd start by trying to find out what banter Keldorn usually has, and see if it requires any globals, then further to see if those globals are set correctly. I'll take a look tomorrow. :)
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    edited November 2013
    Having Keldornestate as locals and global is probably a bug, nice catch @Gate70
    I suspect it all should be global.

disclaimer: this is the same in the original :D

[edit] i've looked at it some more and now i'm unsure. Both variations are written/checked so they are likely intended as different variables.
    @Avenger_teambg, logged #7168.

In the save game provided, using C:SetGlobal("KeldornComplain","LOCALS",1) with your cursor over Keldorn will provide a temporary fix. This may apply to anyone who doesn't want to put up with the attempted interjection.
    tahatmat
    Thank you very much, it worked like a charm :)
  • HouseOfHallowHouseOfHallow Member Posts: 7
    I'm having the same problem. I kicked him out/restarted game/killed/etc, but nothing helped. I then added Viconia to the party and the same thing happened with her, but worse. She can't even move without being interrupted.

I had hope when I saw this thread, but when I tried the solution, it didn't work :(

Any help would be greatly appreciated!
    @HouseOfHallow, can you upload a save game?
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155

Having Keldornestate as locals and global is probably a bug, nice catch @Gate70
    I suspect it all should be global.

disclaimer: this is the same in the original :D

[edit] i've looked at it some more and now i'm unsure. Both variations are written/checked so they are likely intended as different variables.

It happened to me in BG:EE v1.0.2007 with Yeslick, the only reason I didn't wanted to carry him was that, but it was fixed later and it never happened again, but I still hating Yeslikc's soundset since so.
    Here you go. As soon as I got Viconia to join the party, Keldorn became silent (for a bit) and then Viconia incessantly became chatty.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @Troodon80: This seems to be a pretty active thread for being in the "Not an Issue" bucket, does this need to get moved back?
    @Illydth, to be honest I think this is a different issue from the original. I have yet to conclude that it is, however. If it is, then we already have a thread for that. If it is not, then I'll create a split and we can file it as a separate bug. :)

As it is, I can see the problem, but not the cause. Which means more digging.

The best I have right now is a potential problem with Viconia's NumTimesTalkedTo() trigger, but I will need to investigate further.
    Here is a save game for the same thing happening to Keldorn, right before I picked up Viconia. Not sure if this will help in diagnosing or not, but here it is. I appreciate the help!
    edited December 2013
    @HouseOfHallow, okay, this is a mess. Do you happen to have a save game from just before this whole thing started? What were you doing (quest?) when you first noticed this?

Edit: Did Keldorn die at any point in your current game?
    @HouseOfHallow, okay, Keldorn is the same issue as here. I'm going to assume he died at some point. Since you have finished his quest, you should be able to use C:SetGlobal("KeldornComplain","LOCALS",3). That should shut him up. I'll keep digging on the issue with Viconia.
    HouseOfHallow
    I'll try that, thanks!
    @Troodon80 I keep getting a syntax error. I uploaded a screenshot of the result. It didn't fix the Keldorn error. Maybe I'm not doing something right?
    Nevermind! I didn't see the "." til after I uploaded that image. It worked like a champ. Thanks!
    @HouseOfHallow, okay, so to help me backtrack the issue with Viconia: did you at any time have her in your party?
    Nope. Never.
  • MirmithMirmith Member Posts: 1
    edited May 2014
    I'm having the same problem and C:SetGlobal("KeldornComplain","LOCALS",3) didn't resolve it !! Any suggestions? I'm running Bg2EE 1.2.0 on Osx Mavericks
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    @Mirmith‌ if you're still stuck zip & attach a save (& namedrop me so I see it).
    Thanks
  • kamujinkamujin Member Posts: 3
    @Gate70, @Troodon80 I'm having the same issue. After I came out of the Underdark and did Elhan's questions, Keldorn started up immediately after I was done, and hasn't stopped since. I attempted to do both C:SetGlobal("KeldornComplain","LOCALS",3) and C:SetGlobal("KeldornComplain","LOCALS",1) and neither worked.

I have BG2EE on Steam, whatever the current version is.

Attached is my save. Any help is appreciated, because Keldorn is one of my favorite characters and this is essentially game breaking at this point.
    @kamujin‌ can you attach the entire contents of a save, e.g. the zipped 00000007-savename folder please.
    Thanks
    @Gate70 here you go.
    Try this @kamujin‌ sorry about taking so long but been busy.
    @Gate70 Works great! Thanks!