Skip to content

When will we see new Patch for Ipad?

Comments

• MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    Nobody should be surprised that this monkeys think first on themselves. They already have the ten years ago audience of infinity engine games, and they have an opportunity to double that bag of fans with all that new IOS gamers who don't mind playing a good little game that ain't as immersive as Skyrim if is for the tablet. They are young, new generations, or they are old folks who accepts the action of doing now this on the iPad, when they disliked the gesture of video gaming in PC or console years ago. Society changes, and they will shop on Christmas. In order to not lose this opportunity, Beamdog rather launch BG2:EE with more priority than the update.

Next time they come to us to do their work (bug fixing and testing) they can meet our middle finger.
  • EketEket Member Posts: 69
    @dee @trentoster

Was the 1.2 patch submitted as well?
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    Elzarath said:

davemo said:

Elzarath said:

You cast a spell and the whole thing slows to a crawl.. There's not much more to break.

You don't think that there are far worse bugs that can be introduced when recoding the touch input to the game or adding other UI changes? I played the game for 10 hours before putting it aside and waiting for the patch (a looong time ago) and I can think of many worse potential problems than entangle. How about regular game crashing and saved game corruption for starters.
    Well I stand corrected then! Didn't realise it had regular crashing and save game corruption. Probably not a bad idea to fix those issues too

I am not saying those bugs are happening. I haven't experienced that at least.

My point is to avoid hyperbole. It just obfuscates discussions.
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    davemo said:

Elzarath said:

davemo said:

Elzarath said:

You cast a spell and the whole thing slows to a crawl.. There's not much more to break.

You don't think that there are far worse bugs that can be introduced when recoding the touch input to the game or adding other UI changes? I played the game for 10 hours before putting it aside and waiting for the patch (a looong time ago) and I can think of many worse potential problems than entangle. How about regular game crashing and saved game corruption for starters.
    Well I stand corrected then! Didn't realise it had regular crashing and save game corruption. Probably not a bad idea to fix those issues too

FWIW, I've played BG1:EE on the iPad for a whole year and have not experienced regular crashing and save game corruption issues.
  • ElzarathElzarath Member Posts: 173
    davemo said:

Elzarath said:

davemo said:

Elzarath said:

So why not just make that point to begin with? It's hardly hyperbole when that's actually what's happening. You just gave regular crashes and save game corruption as examples but then went on to say you haven't actually experienced that.. Perhaps someone else needs to avoid hyperbole.
    Hmm ... No response from beamdog. I guess the 1.2 patch wasn't submitted.
  • greenfishgreenfish Member Posts: 84
    edited December 2013
    "From Twitter
    TrentOster: Importing save games from BGEE to BG2EE on iPad is supported in the 1.2 patch, which is coming right away.
    Illustairjackjack"

Posted 2nd december 2013.

He said "coming right away" 7 days ago. This is god damn unacceptable. Where is the frigign patch you promised us a year ago? This is beyond redicolous. You know for a fact apple will freeze patch updates to the tree in a few days. And you have 0 communication on the forum?

I'm doing a creditchargeback now on all purchases i've made from your company.

Pathetic.

davemo said:

Elzarath said:

davemo said:

Elzarath said:

Elzarath said:

davemo said:

Elzarath said:

davemo said:

Elzarath said:

So why not just make that point to begin with? It's hardly hyperbole when that's actually what's happening. You just gave regular crashes and save game corruption as examples but then went on to say you haven't actually experienced that.. Perhaps someone else needs to avoid hyperbole.
    You claimed game slowdown from entangle is as bad a bug as one could get to justify pushing out a patch that isn't fully vetted so long as it fixes entangle. I pointed out to you that it would be stupid to do such a thing since there are game breaking bugs that could be introduced from such a patch, such as the 2 potential bugs that I mentioned. You took this as agreement with your hyperbole about entangle.

Obviously, they need to QA updates to not break the game. Not being able to use entangle may be annoying, but it is far from the kind of bug that would render the game unplayable for all. Sure, there are significant numbers that won't play with that bug. But if they introduce updates that cause rampant crashing or game save corruptions, than NO ONE will play the game.

Hopefully you understand now.

• iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    Both are equally gamebreaking if you ask me.
    edited December 2013
    iKrivetko said:

Both are equally gamebreaking if you ask me.

I completely respect that you find entangle gamebreaking. Thing is, a lot of us don't since it rarely occurs. But we would ALL find corrupt saves gamebreaking. So, clearly, saved game corruption is a worse bug. Everyone would be ranting instead of just a portion of users.

So, back to the point, it is better to not fix entangle than to release a buggy patch that causes a new bug like save game corruption.
  • solidus0079solidus0079 Member Posts: 60
    Spoiler alert:
    No patch yet.
    edited December 2013
    Patch is coming later today it seems... Another bug =_=
  • scanlinescanline Member Posts: 46
    I tweeted this to Trent:
    Baldur’s Gate II submitted, patch for BG 1 inbound http://bit.ly/18j8WYs @TrentOster Be cool if you tweet once 1.2 is submitted.

Let's hope he does. On principle I would have preferred he hold off submitting BG:EEII until 1.2 was submitted but yeah....

• scanlinescanline Member Posts: 46
    edited December 2013
    and the response from Trent: @scanline75 When I get the "app status change" e-mail you'll get a tweet.
    It's gonna be real shit if bg2 comes and the patch doesn't make it. No save game import :)

I question the smartness of this move =/
  • RombieRombie Member Posts: 3
    Tweet from Trent:
    #BGEE 1.2 Patch is now in the Apple approval process. Tomorrow, Full speed ahead on #Android.

Trent, your voice is ambrosia!
  • Cthulhus_MumCthulhus_Mum Member Posts: 9
    Tweet 10 minutes ago from Trent:

#BGEE 1.2 Patch is now in the Apple approval process. Tomorrow, Full speed ahead on #Android
    You guys think this will be ready to download/purchase this Friday?
  • ChrisNHChrisNH Member Posts: 22
    Monday to Friday is 5 days, for the patch. It could be released in a Saturday?
    Maybe next week, unless apple doesn't approve, then we are screwed.
  • ChrisNHChrisNH Member Posts: 22
    Might be a little less time if it is just an update. We can hope.
    Oh no! Resubmission due to additional bug fix! Restart the countdown.
  • greenfishgreenfish Member Posts: 84
    edited December 2013
    My friend works for apple. I'm gonna talk to him when/or if they submitted any patch at all. Seeing they've outright LIED in the past, I don't put it behind them.

I have a theory the patch won't be available until after 2014 due to apple freeze. Something beamdog have been made aware of months ago.
    I'm not expecting the patch this year. Gamebreaking bugs at this stage, a bit worrying.
    Oh no... But not surprising whatsoever. I was going to have more time to play this hollydays. Not the same in January.

Beamdog, can I play your game when is released but pay you three months later? I found a bug in my wallet.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    At least I have San Andreas to compensate :D
  • PoeserPubePoeserPube Member Posts: 20
    Hahahahahahaha.... As I said somewhere before.. Trent and his incapable team of wanna-be-iPad-programmers...

And btw, do not expect the iPad version of BG2EE before Christmas 2014 and a working patched version around January 2016 (of course, no other language support).

At this rate, we will play Eternity or Numenera before BG2:EE.
This discussion has been closed.