Skip to content

[DUPE] - Asylum bug baldur's gate EE windows

havingproblemshavingproblems Member Posts: 21
edited December 2013 in Not An Issue
Hi there
Just wondering if anybody could help me with a bug that I have found on baulder's gate 2 EE for windows. I am new to the baudur's community but played the game when it first came out in 2000, I love the game? I have made my way to the asylum dungeon 3. I have completed everything on dungeons 3 and 4. When I take the hand of dace and pink crystal to the head of dace to get to the next level. The head does not open up and I can't get through to get out of that dungeon. The head of dace says the way is open but no experience is gained and the mouth wont open. I am hoping that I can some how get out of the dungeon so I don't have to start over. I am not very knowledgeable with mods or fixes for the game but any advise would be great.
Andy
Post edited by Troodon80 on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited December 2013
  • havingproblemshavingproblems Member Posts: 21
    I have tried reloading the computer but it does not seam to make a difference.
    Upload your save game and I'll see if I can fix it for you.
    How do I do that. I am sort of like mince not very knowledgeable. LOL If it is easier to explain on the phone I could call you instead of writing it out.
    Thanks for the help
    Go to your "documents" folder on your computer. Inside is the Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition folder. Open the "Baldur's Gate II - Enhanced Edition" folder. Inside that is a folder called "save". Open the "save" folder. Inside this folder are all your saved games. Find the folder with the name of the saved game you want to upload (it should have a bunch of numbers in front of the name). Right click on the folder for your saved game and a drop down menu should pop up. Go to "send to" and select "compressed (zipped) folder". This will create a zip of your saved game.

Now go back to the forums here and click on "Attach a file" select the zipped folder and upload it to the forums with your post.

I don't think I can give any more simple instructions than that.
    Mince understood I will be back with that info shortly.
    Here is the compressed file. Thank you
    Actually I need the baldur.gam file too.
    Ok I'll be back
    Here it is.
    There you go.
    Did you have some luck with the file. If you did do I have to pull the game up with the zip file.
    Just download the file I uploaded and open it. Take the entire folder inside the zip and put the whole folder into your save directory. Then you should be good to go! Your party is on the other side of the statue.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @havingproblems,

This is actually a problem with the dialogue, it seems.

I think this should fix the issue, and offer the XP reward as intended. Unzip the attachment to the override folder and try talking to the statue.

@Tresset, I cannot see a ticket for this particular issue, nor can I see a number in the other thread, was this reported and, if it was, what number?
    @Troodon80 I don't think anyone reported this.
    Larelin
    #Tresset, can you verify whether or not the above attached fix works? I think I can see where the issue is, and if it is enough to fix this issue, then perhaps we can get a report created. :-)
    @Troodon80 I load the game without the fix and the statue does not open. I put the fix in the override folder and the statue opens when I load the same game. Whatever you did with the statue dialog it worked. I will let you make the report. Be sure to use one of the save games posted on the forums in your repro case. Either havingproblems' or darthwiggles' will do.
    Unfortunately, without a proper repro case there is little point in filing it. We have the problem, but not the cause. I have not been able to replicate this with a new game.

@LiamEsler, please advise. :-)
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @Troodon80 Maybe make a ticket, reference the thread(s) and maybe write "potential" repro steps, explaining that it is not occurring regularly/is hard to replicate?
    Okay, marking this topic as a duplicate. For further discussion about this bug, please see this topic. This has been logged as #7344.
    I see that there has been some more discussion about my glitch. If I remember correctly when I played baulder's gate 2 back in 2000 there was other asylum glitches with the game. If anybody needs something from my saved game let me know. I will check the site on a daily basis. Do you think I have a virus of some sort on my system that what caused the issue.
    @havingproblems, doubtful. Just a game issue, I think.

I do have one question, however, in regard to you not receiving XP: XP would not be awarded with multiple attempts, but can you verify whether or not you received the XP from the first time you initiated dialogue with the head and it said the way was open?
    The dialogue box came up right away and said something a long the lines The hand of the builder opens the way. The way is now opened. That was all it did, no xp awarded no head opened. That is what it did every time I tried it. so no experienced was gained.
    Tresset or troodon I have ran into another glitch of some kind. Before the asylum when I casted haste or bless on my group of characters all characters gained the haste or blessed ability for the duration of the spell. At some point during my adventuring in the asylum when I cast those spells only half of the party (3 out of 6) receives the spells ability and it is always the same three characters. Do you guys have any idea what might be going on with that.
  • NightmareNightmare Member Posts: 20
    Check to make sure no-one is wearing anything that give free-action or is a monk
    That is my problem then, two of the characters have free action items on them and the other is the monk. Thank you for the help. I will check that later on when I play the game.
  • LarelinLarelin Member Posts: 16
    Im having this same issue.. I reloaded and everything.. to no avail.. I mean.. it seems like a common enough problem they would have a patch. Especially for 25$.. Can anyone help me with this?
  • JalilyJalily Member Posts: 4,681
    I see the fix.. but wont my characters be gone or like the other fella who was having trouble?
    Hi ...downloaded that fix.. which is a aave file.. a save file thay doesn't have any similar characters