Skip to content

When will we see new Patch for Ipad?

Comments

• ChrisNHChrisNH Member Posts: 22
    edited December 2013
    I do seem to have encountered a problem where my quick save didn't take. I would recommend checking your saves periodically. I will keep an eye on this and report it if it continues to be an issue.

Other than that it seems to run ok. I just don't know what the heck half the spell symbols are and can't hover. I will fool around with it and see if there is a touch-hold to bring up the description from the cast bar I am missing.

I wish there was feedback for target orders issued during pause beyond the little weapon symbol on the character but that does seem to work.
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    yeeesssssssssss!!!!!
    Now I get to wait for it to load...

One......

Point......

Seven.......

Nine......

Gig.....

Ah.......

Bytes.........
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    iKrivetko said:

Quick first impressions

The good:
    The new main menu is much more appealing
    The renderer seems to be working marvellously, well done here
    Tap/drag is much better at first glance

The bad:
    I still have to watch the bloody intro film every time. Seriously, how can hard can it be to understand that the intro is only needed in a new game, NOT EVERY TIME I CHOOSE THE CAMPAIGN?:\
    Scrolling lists with active items is still a pain in the arse (see scripts, for example).

I agree, but why don't you click the 'Done' button? The video works like most videos work in iOS.
    Just got home and saw it ready for update. Can't wait to continue the game I started a few days ago. Exciting!
  • EketEket Member Posts: 69
    edited December 2013
    It is definitely an improvement but have already come across a rather big issue

Character selection sounds aren't playing. My main character is male uses the default voice, the subtitles pop up, but he doesn't say anything. I am still in candlekeep.

Also, scrolling in lists ( like shops ) is extremely sensitive

Edit: the other voice sets do work
    Post edited by Eket on
    I also do not care for the scrolling in shops. Should scroll distance that finger moves. I'm sure I'll get used to it, but it is unpleasant.
  • famousringofamousringo Member Posts: 28
    Yeah, even just scrolling the Inn at Candlekeep is crazy touchy. I end up accidentally selecting things before I can find the item I'm actually shopping for.

On the bright side, the new main font is bee-you-tee-full.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    davemo said:

iKrivetko said:

Quick first impressions

The good:
    The new main menu is much more appealing
    The renderer seems to be working marvellously, well done here
    Tap/drag is much better at first glance

The bad:
    I still have to watch the bloody intro film every time. Seriously, how can hard can it be to understand that the intro is only needed in a new game, NOT EVERY TIME I CHOOSE THE CAMPAIGN?:\
    Scrolling lists with active items is still a pain in the arse (see scripts, for example).

I agree, but why don't you click the 'Done' button? The video works like most videos work in iOS.
    Of course I do. The problem is that I have to do it every bloody time, and that's tedious, absolutely unnecessary and, frankly, ridiculous.
  • TravelleriTravelleri Member Posts: 32
    Nice, we finally have an update. But is this 1.2 or 1.2.2030 with the latest fixes? I still haven't downloaded it.
  • MikeDeltaHHMikeDeltaHH Member Posts: 10
    Dee said:

I understand people's frustration with having to wait, but I'm going to ask for a little bit less vitriol in this thread. It's not helping the patch or BGII:EE to be released any faster.

Again, I know that patience is wearing thin. But try to rein in the hate.

Dee, you understand NOTHING! We are waiting for more then ONE year for the german Translation and in the new patch all other languages are present but no german Support! Bravo, you have lost many german Fans now!

• PoeserPubePoeserPube Member Posts: 20
    edited December 2013
    No German support... As I expected. Good thing I have deleted this shit.
    GOODBYE YOU LIARS AND CHEATERS!!!

And off to the German appstore to place a well deserved 1-star rating...
    Post edited by PoeserPube on
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    edited December 2013

Nice, we finally have an update. But is this 1.2 or 1.2.2030 with the latest fixes? I still haven't downloaded it.

Geez. Just played till 445am. Didn't notice. Plays great!
  • MikeDeltaHHMikeDeltaHH Member Posts: 10

No German support... As I expected. Good thing I have deleted this shit.
    GOODBYE YOU LIARS AND CHEATERS!!!

And off to the German appstore to place a well deserved 1-star rating...

Me too!

• notkingnotking Member Posts: 134
    1.2.2031 is great,but where is the chinese language pack? I'm very disappointed.
  • MutantMeteorMutantMeteor Member Posts: 9
    Only played for an hour so far but the new font/ui features look wonderful. Also cast entangle with no slow down so assume these effects are resolved. Haven't played in a while so I'm really looking forward to discovering what else has changed.
    edited December 2013
    I have to give beamdog their due credit, this patch is several amazing leaps forward. This is what you should have launched with. It is not perfect, but the things i have encountered are very minor.

I don't understand the appeal for playing this in your own language though, but i have never really understood that. I would prefer to read/play everything in it's original language whenever i can.
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    This will not be the last patch we release for iPad, I can assure you. if you want to read about where things are with translations, read this thread: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/24495/localization-projects-where-are-we-at

Chinese, Korean, and Japanese had an issue with text wrapping that we're currently sorting out, and German (because it includes voice-overs) puts the game's size over the App Store limit, so we're looking at solutions there as well.

Everybody take a deep breath; these things are coming.
  • PoeserPubePoeserPube Member Posts: 20
    German text only version would be fine for me.. Why not implement this and add voice over later, hm?
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    @Dee I don't want to sound demanding, considering we just had our awaited patch and thanks for that, but let me ask - how high is dialog.tlk override as a priority? After all, modding is one of BG's strongest points; it's what kept it alive after all these years. Thanks!
  • solidus0079solidus0079 Member Posts: 60
    edited December 2013
    Ironically, shortly after I hit the update button I came down with some form of stomach flu and/or food poisoning. Obviously, I am holding Trent and Beamdog responsible, and will submit a bug report! ;)

Ironically, shortly after I hit the update button I came down with some form of stomach flu and/or food poisoning. Obviously, I am holding Beamdog responsible! ;)

Makes sense to me :)
  • mars0124mars0124 Member Posts: 180
    edited December 2013
    @Dee there are online games like Clash of the clans, and MMORPGs that don't require full updates: they have minor updates on launch. Do you know if this is something Beamdog has looked into? It would be lovely to have more frequent updates that came into smaller chunks, seeing as how the sound, video, and graphics aren't being updated.

Also: does anyone else notice that the cursor for navigating to the next map is gone?

Update... Working properly now. Even though AppStore listed v1.2 when I downloaded the game (not updated.... Downloaded) it was 1.0.2014. V1.2 updated again afterwards and all seems well... Testing now.
    Post edited by mars0124 on
    edited December 2013
    Let's not get too picky, broseidon.

Anyways, I rolled a new man (96 total hahaha) and immediately completed Firebeard's damn scroll quest (which never worked) and got Gorion killed. Thanks :D
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    Happy happy, joy joy, I got multiplayer to work!
  • TeischusTeischus Member Posts: 28
    edited December 2013
    Are you f* kidding me beamdog??? U suck so hard that my brain hurts, you are unable to put a damn 10kb textfile in the app? Thanks for f* us up again, gonna put a 1 star rating and contact apple support for refund, ill never buy another crappy port/remake/game from your company, you told us for more than 1(!) year that we will get german lang. Support, i have waited this long time and paid the full price for this piece of crap.. And what are you doing? F* us up again, thank you for your support..!

And btw: I'm totally glad that i didnt buy your buggy ver. of BG2EE for MAC/PC, gonna buy the gog.com version, cheaper and stable.
  • IllustairIllustair Member Posts: 877
    "Yer a queer fellow." -Imoen
  • greenfishgreenfish Member Posts: 84
    edited December 2013
    Illustair said:

"Yer a queer fellow." -Imoen

apologist əˈpɒlədʒɪst/ a person who offers an argument in defence of something controversial.
    "an enthusiastic apologist for fascism in the 1920s"

Fwiw, I've had a good experience with the game since the patch.
  • BytebrainBytebrain Member Posts: 602
    I'm very happy with this patch!
    It seems to me that there's a lot of very rude or very young/immature Germans on this board...
    There's no need to piss all over these boards with that kind of language and attitude.

I'm Danish, there's no plans for a Danish version of BG:EE, and I don't really care.

Most Europeans understand English pretty well, and even the very angry Germans complaining about having to play this amazing game in English, have no problems shouting and expressing themselves in English here, so I don't get the amount of hate from them in so many threads here.

This patch fixed every serious bug and performance issue I was noticing before, so thank you Beamdog!
This discussion has been closed.