Skip to content

#1272, #1227 [BG:EE CORE] - Altheia clones (spoilers)

ZPPZPP Member Posts: 10
edited February 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
After I finished Bodhi multiple instances of the NPC Altheia spawned in the graveyard.

I've included a the save with this post.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• ZPPZPP Member Posts: 10
    She spawned again this time in firkraag lair.

She seem to be spawnnin as a random enconter.
    I've isolated where the bug occurs. If you rest in this part of the dungeon without being interrupted 3-5 Altheias will spawn in that exact location.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited December 2013
    What the...

I haven't even the faintest clue where to start with that. It sounds as though the interruption during sleep is caused due to the game thinking that Altheias is a candidate for a mob spawn. But randomly in the graveyard, that's got me beat.

I'll take a look tomorrow.
    Post edited by Troodon80 on
    Tresset
    I should note that the Altheias spawn don't behave like a normal interruption instead the party rests the full 8 hours, recovers spells etc... and after the rest the Altheias are there with no interruption message.

In fact the Altheias only appear if there is no monster interruption.

I manged to solve the problem by reverting to a save before killing Bodhi and doing the assult on the vampire lair again, this time the graveyard seems to be Altheia free.

If I have similar problems I will post the saves here.

One more thing some times multiple Altheias appear to spawn exactly in the same place.
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    edited December 2013
    HOW IS THIS EVEN POSSIBLE?!?!?!?!

Do you have any mods installed? I can't think of anything else...

Well I looked at the baldur.sav in NI and the rest interrupt field for the area in question does not appear any different from what it should be.
    No, completely clean install latest update.

One more thing I went back and checked the bugged saves and noticed something interesting, the Altheias in the graveyard only spawn during the night and despawn during the day. The ones in firkraag lair have the same bheaviour.

If I might guess I would say that instead of sleep interruptions this combined with the lack of interruption message during the sleep suggest that the Altheias are instead being placed as time dependent NPCs.
    No the only cheating I did was to add a diamond to my inventory to complete one of Neera's quests with EE Keeper. But that was a long time before this bug occurred and like I said reloading a older save resolved the problem.
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    edited December 2013
    I know it! BALDUR'S GATE IS SKYNET!

It is spreading across PCs, Macs and ipads and gaining swarm intelligence! It's spawning those random characters to probe our defenses and reactions! DO NOT RELEASE THE ANDROID VERSION AND DON'T ENABLE CLOUD SAVES! With that its capabilities will be boosted to the level that it can lauch the attack! Do not fall for the fake accounts that it has created to call for those releases! Oh my god... Ascension is coming soon, that is the codename for it's ascension and takeover! We are all doomed...

OK, I think I'll have my morning tea now... :)
    CrevsDaak
    I for one welcome our new AD&D based overlord.
    CrevsDaak
  • Avenger_teambgAvenger_teambg Member, Developer Posts: 5,862
    Two possible explanations (without looking at the saved games):
    1. the game tried to spawn something else, you get Altheia because chitin.key is corrupted.
    This can be fixed by redownloading the game

2. there was a bug in the engine which caused fleeing mobs (that crossed area boundaries) reappear randomly in other areas. I think this bug was fixed, so this is likely the first problem

After looking at the saved game, it seems like a case of #2. Several Altheias are in the game marked for transport. As to why they appear here instead of ar0332 or why there are multiple copies... i don't know.

The original #2 bug happened only in multiplayer.

I think, you can get rid of them by resting then pressing ctrl-y on them.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    edited December 2013
    A thread that has Troodon80 starting it with "What the...", the Comment "How is this even possible" and a reference to Skynet...

Best thread ever...ok, at least top 10. :)

@Avenger_teambg: I assume there's already a bug filed for this or do you want a new one opened? I've done some quick searching but can't find the bug report for what you mentioned above.
    TressetCrevsDaak
    @illydth 1272 and 1227 in BGEE
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    Marked for BG:EE Core with those bug numbers. Not tracking in the consolidated thread.