Skip to content

BG2EE iPad release date

Comments

• MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    Somebody said recently that Apple might want to publish it on Thursday for a strategic reason.
  • iKrivetkoiKrivetko Member Posts: 934
    So apparently it has just been rejected.
  • nsrnsr Member Posts: 174
    oh no! that means 2 more weeks at least before it is released.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    :(
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    greenfish said:

From twitter "On the BGII side, we are back in review this morning."
    LOL

Bummer
  • jolly_bbjolly_bb Member Posts: 122
    From Twitter: app rejected, they will re-submit ASAP.

i'd say there's still hope but very minor to get it before xmas
  • EndlesswaveEndlesswave Member Posts: 28
    I am glad they fixed the entangle and other issues w BGEE so for now I am playing this and it rocks (yes a year later but fuck it). It's a game I played in high school and waited a little more time for a playable update. Big freaking deal.
    everybody knows the students should not study for a exam just the day before. Because things happen.
  • shrikeshrike Member Posts: 11
    I'm amazed that with all the garbage apps on Apple they would reject a game for some minor issues... Is this typical, and have they just recently stated reviewing apps in depth?
    Also to the beamdog team, is there an update on the re-submittal?
  • the_wardenthe_warden Member Posts: 1
    According to twitter.
    So, in a last minute Hail-Mary move we fixed the issue, resubmitted and begged for an expedited review. Just got message, we are in review

According to twitter.
    So, in a last minute Hail-Mary move we fixed the issue, resubmitted and begged for an expedited review. Just got message, we are in review

Yes just saw, thanks! Here's hoping.

Looks like BG2:EE passed review! The down-side is that the iTunes Connect site is down for the week so it may not be releasable. But at least it means a release as soon as the week is over.
  • badgerhamsterbadgerhamster Member Posts: 4
    Yay! NSR, would you be able to guess-timate a day or does apple not return until next mon?
  • AodenAoden Member Posts: 65
    I will wait for the day, when BGII:EE will released!
  • kruugkruug Member Posts: 69
    is not long to wait ...
  • whamermanwhamerman Member Posts: 10
    Trent mentioned the 28th on Twitter.
  • greenfishgreenfish Member Posts: 84
    Appstore lifted the freeze hours ago....
    I dont use twitter, beamdog whats the reason for delay now?
    My guess is because it's currently 7am in Edmonton. And I think after they press the button it may take apple some time to refresh the store
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Our offices are still closed for the holidays. We'll be back around the second week of January.
    We should assume Apple by itself can't publish the game, they need you to do something from the office?

And why Trent mentioned something about December 28? Another (more) trick to calm the riots?
  • MoonbloodMoonblood Member Posts: 26
    According to Trent's twitter "The main game is approved for sale, but the in-app purchases are still set in review."
    Dee said:

Our offices are still closed for the holidays. We'll be back around the second week of January.

so... no iPad version until second week of January?

• davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    I'm pretty sure you can read people's twitter feeds without logging on to twitter.

Do we really need daily play by play every day it isn't released? We know it is with Apple. We know Apple was shut down over vacation. Are we going to be bothered if Apple doesn't release it first thing in the morning?
    nsr said:

My guess is because it's currently 7am in Edmonton. And I think after they press the button it may take apple some time to refresh the store

Ah that's a bit early. Here's hoping it will be released soon.
    Dee said:

Thanks for the updates Dee. But if it passed the review then clearly Apple should release it within a few hours right?

We should assume Apple by itself can't publish the game, they need you to do something from the office?

And why Trent mentioned something about December 28? Another (more) trick to calm the riots?

I don't get it either. If it passed the review, and apple clearly has the final build. Then it's up to apple now???
    davemo said:

I'm pretty sure you can read people's twitter feeds without logging on to twitter.

Do we really need daily play by play every day it isn't released? We know it is with Apple. We know Apple was shut down over vacation. Are we going to be bothered if Apple doesn't release it first thing in the morning?

Reading yes, responding no.

"Do we really need daily play by play every day it isn't released?" Normally no. But the whole thing have been a bit of a mess since they uploaded the game to apple. I didn't expect a game that normally take 5 days to be dealayed by a whole month.

Maybe it's not that obvious to you, but here's a few people in here wanting bg2 ee before summer. Hence why we post in this thread?
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    We're not in the office so I wouldn't expect regular updates. If the game goes on sale before we get back then that's awesome, but I wouldn't expect it to happen when we're not available to help with any problems.
    Dee said:

We're not in the office so I wouldn't expect regular updates. If the game goes on sale before we get back then that's awesome, but I wouldn't expect it to happen when we're not available to help with any problems.

Okay, still much obliged for the updates Dee.

Have a continued nice xmas/new year
    Dee said:

Dee, does this mean tWe shouldn't expect the IPAD release until after the holidays?

Thanks,

• DelvarianDelvarian Member Posts: 1,232
    So looks to me like mid January if we are lucky.
  • Air1Air1 Member Posts: 1
    edited December 2013
    Seems like i will have finished the game on my Mac before the ipad version is released... I will save some bucks, thanks guys for the delay ;)
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    You'll be back... :) I'm going to buy it just for solo runs when I am travelling.
This discussion has been closed.