Comments

• DoxyDoxy Member Posts: 25
    Nachti said:

Thats a sweet looking female dorf ;)

What!? =] Don't you see all that manly beard godliness on him =]
    My ign dwarf look like my portrait when he puts Helm of Balduran on btw
  • AethernautAethernaut Member Posts: 60
    edited November 2013
    Either NE male half-elf shadow dancer or CN male half-orc fighter-thief.
  • NachtiNachti Member Posts: 89

Either NE male half-elf shadow dancer or CN male half-orc fighter-thief.

I was a little disappointed about my figher/thief. I should have choosen figher/mage elf or my bg1 blackguard.

• VinnieLeeVinnieLee Member Posts: 15
    Monk, no kit. Rolled 92.
    STR:18
    DEX:18
    CON:18
    INT:12
    WIS:10
    CHA:16

I used to be a Mage in BG:EE, than I got tired of it, so I tried this Monk that everyone seems to hate.
    Kurumi
  • NachtiNachti Member Posts: 89
    VinnieLee said:

Monk, no kit. Rolled 92.
    STR:18
    DEX:18
    CON:18
    INT:12
    WIS:10
    CHA:16

I used to be a Mage in BG:EE, than I got tired of it, so I tried this Monk that everyone seems to hate.

Everyone exept me =). Please keep me up to date with "your progression and what you think" .
    Kurumi
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    Halfling berserker. No reload run. So far at 4th level watchers keep SoA.

Str 19 (lum and tome)
    Dex21
    Con 20
    Int 20
    Wis 8
    Cha 20

Started with 94 ib bg 1.

He is level 20 and romances aerie.

Companions keldorn and jan.

True neutral, loves killing but is a hero
    edited March 2014
    Eventually rolled a 92.

I usually go by a 'anything lower than 88 doesn't feel remarkable for the son/daughter of a god' rule.

Decided upon two concepts. Half-orc fighter/thief - liked strong sounding names for this guy. Khulgard or Jarek.

Second concept was to fiddle around with the new class of Shadow Dancer. Thinking a neutral-evil half-elf. A sort of Eldoth Kron manipulator and very selfish. Name for this guy? ... Malakai.

Probably go for my half-orc concept. I think half-orc's are badass and it fits into my vision of the reluctant, gruff anti-hero type. Sorta like, say Wolverine out of the X-Men.
    Post edited by Aethernaut on
    edited March 2014
    Roll of 90 for Malakai. Decided to stick with Jarek because I haven't done the Viconia romance before or even played a melee/thievery based character, let alone a half-orc.

Final stats:

Strength: 19
    Dexterity: 17 - 16 in Hell - 17 from Lum's machine.
    Constitution: 17
    Intelligence: 14 - 15 from Lum's machine.
    Wisdom: 12 - 11 in Spellhold - 12 in Hell.
    Charisma: 14 - 15 in Hell.

Stats were mainly for roleplaying purposes.

Given he's a hot-blooded half-orc, he's immensely strong/hardy from training with the guards in Candlekeep and adventuring AND being the child of a god. I pictured him not having Sarevok's technique/intelligence in a sword fight, but beating him ever so slightly in a battle of raw strength and will.

His thievery aspect is from hanging out with Imoen and wanting to stand out from other half-orc stereotypes of just hitting things (though he does that well) - he'll begin more of a utlity style thief - locks and trap disarming to reflect that he and Imoen took a similar approach.

Intelligence - from Gorion and the monks lessons in Candlekeep, knows bits and pieces about the realms, can speak a couple of languages in addition to common.

Wisdom - school of hard-knocks, being half an orc and the son of a god gives you some insight as to how you're different - a fatalistic notion of yourself and how you relate to others, but it's not super high when combined with the chaotic neutral temperament to give him some 'failing' or flaw as a character.

Charisma - more human than orcish in appearance, moderately attractive for a half-orc (though still beastial in appearance - Dorn-like tusks etc) but charismatic in as much as he doesn't take any shit from people, can deliver instructions as a leader fairly well, though perhaps a bit too brutalistic some times - lacks the subtle delivery of his little sister or experienced presence of someone like Keldorn. Nevertheless, Viconia is liking his rough-around-the-edges sense of urgency, power and drive.

Enjoying this play-through a lot. Fighter/Thief multi-class is just enough to manage without things being too boring. I tend to play mages, thieves and bard types a lot, without little focus on melee. Viconia romance is good too, though I slightly prefer Jaheira.

Doubt I will try Aerie, not my flavour at all.
    Post edited by Aethernaut on
  • jones0901jones0901 Member Posts: 51
    fighter 7/shadowdancer 8
    rolled 91, used tomes for st, dx, con, and cha
    4 katana, 2 single wield, will work up shortboows in SOA
  • jukagajukaga Member Posts: 49
    edited November 2013
    I'll post my charsheet later, currently I'm playing my BGEE import;

Benedict
    Level 9 Kensai/Level 13 Mage Dual-Class
    Human, male, neutral good
    Strength: 19
    Dexterity: 18
    Intelligence: 19
    Wisdom: 9
    Constitution: 19
    Charisma: 15 (18 w/ ring)
    HP: 155
    Katana +++++
    Flail ++
    Two Weapon Style +++

Post edited by jukaga on
  • TenreccTenrecc Member Posts: 265
    Mornmagor said:

Ok, i am starting a new game for BG2:EE and i am going to roll a female char this time DUN DUN DUN!! ;p

Anyway here it is, just starting.

I "cheated" the race in,the base race was Half-orc technically, hence the stats after the tomes, but i want my undead damnit!

Ok she's actually a half-vampire :p touched by undeath and yada yada, or a pathfinder Dhampir :>

Where are you getting your portraits from? They're both amazing : O
  • WrainWrain Member Posts: 6
    GSmith84 said:

Rolled a 91 as an Elf Wild Mage in BG1 (lucker)

I did use Keeper to Multi-class myself to Fighter / Wild Mage. Still not sure why you can't specialize.

Though in BG2 it hit me that my Wisdom even with 3 tomes was going to be shy for the Wish spell. I wonder if I should've dropped Constitution to 15 knowing it would get to 16 with manuals (does Fighter / Mage get the CON benefit that Warriors do post 16? I'm not sure... if not then I'll probably keeper edit my score to be much more useful) and dropped Dex to 18 to wind up with

STR19 | DEX19 | CON16 | INT19 | WIS18 | CHA8

Se la vie...

How do you multiclass with Keeper? I tryed to create an Assassin/Fighter but wasn't able to: I was only able to change the "name" of the class to Assassin/Fighter but on level up I didn't gained any bonus (or malus) of the Assassin.

• FafnirFafnir Member Posts: 232
    Wrain said:

How do you multiclass with Keeper? I tryed to create an Assassin/Fighter but wasn't able to: I was only able to change the "name" of the class to Assassin/Fighter but on level up I didn't gained any bonus (or malus) of the Assassin.

Some properties/skills are given at levelup or character creation.
    If you are dualing, it is better to add the kit to the other class and THEN dual.
    Fighter->Fighter(EEKeeper Assassin kit, I know it makes no sense)->Fighter/Thief(Assassin) in your case.
    If you are multiclassing, it's always better to create the character as the more complex class and make it a multiclass later.
    Assassin->EEKeeper from Thief to Fighter/Thief in your case.
    Sometimes you have no option but to tweak some things manually, like the amount of proficiencies (2->4) and hp in the above case. Other things like saves and thac0 should fix themselves at the first levelup.
    Wrain
  • ThrasymachusThrasymachus Member Posts: 873
    edited November 2013
    After testing the waters with my Dragon Disciple and Avenger (both of which I used to complete BGEE), I've decided to go with the first character with which I completed BGEE, my Swashbuckler/Mage (dual-class).

EVERETTO

Human (Male)
    Chaotic Good
    Mage Level 9 (141,000 exp.) [Current class]
    Swashbuckler Level 6 (20,000 exp.) [Previous class]

Strength 19
    Dexterity 19
    Constitution 16
    Intelligence 19
    Wisdom 11
    Charisma 14

Base THAC0: 17
    Lore: 39

Weapon Proficiencies
    Dagger: **
    Katana: **
    Single-weapon Style: *

• Raistlin82Raistlin82 Member Posts: 256
    photo Kraya_zpsb9f537c9.jpg
  • LathlaerLathlaer Member Posts: 475
    Quick question :)

How do you change the race name in character sheet? Is EE Keeper sufficient or do you have to dig deeper (and hope not to wake shadows and flames)?
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026

photo Kraya_zpsb9f537c9.jpg

Nice Barbarian, really true to his half-orc heritage.
    Although - his name spells "Cow" in certain languages.
    Raistlin82
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    @Southpaw: That's a she above. :P

I'm cheesing around because I can't seem to settle for anything... 98 roll neutral evil elf (well, technically; inofficially genasi with dao djinn heritage) F/T/M. EEkeepered to illusionist as official/displayed kit and assassin abilities with a personal throwing dagger that (accidentally) turned out even more OP than intended as main weapon (Miscast Magic chance on hit, Melf's Acid damage chance on hit; turned out to also Lower Resistance in BG2EE - oops; this was meant to be a mage killer, but it also does very well against dragons, beholders and lichs).
    Raistlin82
  • SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026

@Southpaw: That's a she above. :P

Dayum!
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    edited December 2013
    I can't figure out how to take screenshots with my laptop's keyboard, but here goes:
    (Warning - extreme cheese follows)
    Jerrol
    CE Halfling Fighter/Shadowdancer
    Str 10 (he wears a belt for 19 xD)
    Dex 19->20
    Con 17->18
    Int 15->16
    Wis 10
    Cha 18->19
    Total 89->93 after tomes, 100+ with items.
    I used Wis tomes on Xzar (thanks @KidCarnival!) & a Str tome on Dorn in BG1.
    I went with the Halfling thief dual-wielding daggers portrait from IWD, with his green attire recolored to red.
    He offhands Kundane, and switches between The Jade Fang and The Axe of Hrothgar in his main hand, with the appropriate proficiencies. In a pinch, he'll sheathe/holster everything and ready a crossbow, which was his main weapon for much of BG1.
    Like I said, cheesy. But I love 'im.
  • Dzuk5Dzuk5 Member Posts: 129
    edited December 2013
    wisdom 18-> 3 from Bg 1 / 2 from mods in SoA /hell trail 1/ lum machine 1 -> 25
    use ee keeper to dual her becouse then i don't now of restriction of dualing
  • NaastriilNaastriil Member Posts: 60
    This is my mage I leveled from BGEE.
  • WerewyvernWerewyvern Member Posts: 3
    edited December 2013
    DANCES WITH FERRETS
    AVENGER - human just cuz taller than half elf (shallow I know)
    w/ Dust Mephit familiar via bug.
    That has died so much Con went from 19 to 15
    He stays in the pack these days
    Mostly useful as a 100% flame retardant trap-setting dummy
    when you're not going rogue
    jackjack
  • INFILYAINFILYA Member Posts: 13
    Frogman
  • AramintaiAramintai Member Posts: 232
    Daelvin
    NG Half-Elf Fighter/Mage
    Initial roll of 92 + all the tomes
    Pseudo Dragon for a familiar
    Nothing really exotic, but as powerful as any F/M can be, especially with strength enhancing items.
    Frogman
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    edited December 2013
    /
    Frogman
  • BladeDancerBladeDancer Member Posts: 477
    Ralis
    CG Human Fighter
    Hella tough when armed with two bastard swords
    Also fairly deadly with a longbow
  • BARBAROSSABARBAROSSA Member Posts: 17

@Mornmagor:

Fine, because you insisted:

How did you dual to a kit?
  • Dzuk5Dzuk5 Member Posts: 129

probobly he use ee keeper as i did to creat this evil kensai archer (i want to play evil team with 1 reput. and archer in team)
  • BARBAROSSABARBAROSSA Member Posts: 17
    Dzuk5 said:

probobly he use ee keeper as i did to creat this evil kensai archer (i want to play evil team with 1 reput. and archer in team)
    I do have EEkeeper, but am still unable to dual with kits or with races that are not human. Do you have a guide for this?