Skip to content

BG2EE iPad release date

12346»

Comments

• vladtheimpalervladtheimpaler Member Posts: 15
    I agree with greenfish, though I see no point in not waiting since we've already waited a century for it, and it could be released at any moment now. Now, that's purely speculation as I wouldn't be surprised if we had to wait another week or month. Beamdog is entirely more concerned with the PC and releasing BGEE on android, and anyone saying otherwise is skewing the truth. Nor are they concerned with giving someone a straight answer as I have not seen a single rep from Beamdog on here for a while.
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    edited January 2014
    dwayde said:

Thank you Green fish. Finally someone saying what needs to be said. This is absolutely ridiculous that they would release the game in early Dec and Apple still hasn't posted the game for sale in January. That delay aside it's been several more days now since confirmed approval and we the fans and purchasers/supporters for you aren't worth enough to even be given a concrete release date!? I for one am official announcing I'm moving on and putting that money towards a different game. I waited long enough. I'm guessing I'm not the only one fed up..and at 10$ that likely means Beamdog is literally losing thousands because of this right now. Congrats.

If I were you Trent I would be on the phone with Apple every 10 seconds of the day demanding my game be released or a date be provided. You are really screwing your fans bud.

Based on Tweet, it seems they don't know when the game will be released.

A call would make sense if something seems to have fallen through the cracks. Would calling Apple every ten seconds make a difference? Or would it just waste time he could use managing development? As you point out, Beamdog is missing out on revenue while they wait for the release.
  • davemodavemo Member Posts: 147
    greenfish said:

davemo said:

greenfish said:

Illustair said:

I'm soo tempted to buy The Shadow Sun instead, seems very promising but doing relatively poor in sales. Much delayed fave game vs. new good but underappreciated game. Hopefully this gets released this week. I can only choose either because of storage space.

Thanks for the tip, but the awful framerate on ios is a turnoff for me.

Same with xcom, it's down to 18-20fps in some cases (not acceptable)
    Low frame rate would probably be even more painful for Shadow Sun since it is real time open world, unlike XCOM.
    Yeah I guess. The main problem is that a lot of these devs takes ipad 1-2 into consideration but rarely offers support for newer models resolution or hardware. Xcom was built on working on ipad 1, I mean come on, get with the program! Still it's feels great the touch UI vs pc.
    Was XCom a port, or did they code for the iPad from day 1?
  • MonoCanallaMonoCanalla Member Posts: 291
    davemo said:

dwayde said:

Thank you Green fish. Finally someone saying what needs to be said. This is absolutely ridiculous that they would release the game in early Dec and Apple still hasn't posted the game for sale in January. That delay aside it's been several more days now since confirmed approval and we the fans and purchasers/supporters for you aren't worth enough to even be given a concrete release date!? I for one am official announcing I'm moving on and putting that money towards a different game. I waited long enough. I'm guessing I'm not the only one fed up..and at 10$ that likely means Beamdog is literally losing thousands because of this right now. Congrats.

If I were you Trent I would be on the phone with Apple every 10 seconds of the day demanding my game be released or a date be provided. You are really screwing your fans bud.

Based on Tweet, it seems they don't know when the game will be released.

A call would make sense if something seems to have fallen through the cracks. Would calling Apple every ten seconds make a difference? Or would it just waste time he could use managing development? As you point out, Beamdog is missing out on revenue while they wait for the release.
    Don't be naive. I don't have anything personal with Beamdog, and would love them otherwise, but don't you see how we are being played? Trent Oster announces that the game is accepted the day that Dee said they was coming back to the office. And, is not released immediately. We still have to wait... The timing is so appropriate that makes you think that if Beamdog had no vacations, we would have seen the game earlier.
  • JohnEEJohnEE Member Posts: 2
    What i think is going on is, Apple is holding onto BG2EE for its Featured page on the App Store. And Beamdog/Trent know this. So it should be available by tomorrow.

But i wont buy it. I am tired of waiting and being lied to and deceived... And who knows when the patches will arrive later on... I have seen some bad customer service, but this is over the top...
  • RafnerRafner Member Posts: 64
    JohnEE said:

What i think is going on is, Apple is holding onto BG2EE for its Featured page on the App Store. And Beamdog/Trent know this. So it should be available by tomorrow.

But i wont buy it. I am tired of waiting and being lied to and deceived... And who knows when the patches will arrive later on... I have seen some bad customer service, but this is over the top...

Bah, it's Baldur's Gate II, on the iPad. I'll wait for as long as it takes, and pay whatever they ask. Then wait for the patches to be fixed. Then pay some more for DLC. Gladly!
  • themadcowthemadcow Member Posts: 19
    JohnEE said:

Bad service..... nah O2 give bad service. I wanted to check my bill with O2. I tried to register online but could not as they send a code for you to enter via text. I have no signal at home. I phoned them and asked them how I would be able to look at my bills. They told me to register online, I explained I could not receive texts at home. They told me to go into a area where I could receive their signal. I asked them how long the texted code last for and was told 10 mins. I said it would not be possible for me to do it then and asked how else I could look at my bill. They told me that is the only way. I said, I'll have to change provider then if you can not show me my bill. O2 said, ok then let me get you your PAC code so you can leave!
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    This isn't a question about when a game will be realised, we are talking about the best game ever. There is no game in iStore who can even get close to BG2, and there will never be, so what are you conplaining about?
    It's full of stupid games that you can buy right now, buy one of them, and play it, why are you still here?
  • JohnEEJohnEE Member Posts: 2
    Pibaro said:

This isn't a question about when a game will be realised, we are talking about the best game ever. There is no game in iStore who can even get close to BG2, and there will never be, so what are you conplaining about?
    It's full of stupid games that you can buy right now, buy one of them, and play it, why are you still here?

Well I would rather be playing BG2EE, but what do you know, its not available. And you are right, it's not a question of when it will be released, its a question of principles, which you seem to lack.

There is nothing wrong with waiting a few more months for a title of this magnitude, but all i ask is to be frank with your potential customers. Instead we got a bunch of false positives.
  • greenfishgreenfish Member Posts: 84
    edited January 2014
    Pibaro said:

"so what are you conplaining about?"

"It's full of stupid games that you can buy right now, buy one of them, and play it, why are you still here?"

If you need help understanding basic english & vocabulary then send me a pm and i'll be happy to teach you. Kinda weird you are in this thread asking a question you don't seem to grasp. What country are you from? I speak several languages, so just send me a pm.

Let me do my best right now: this is a thread where we talk about a game called baldurs gate 2 ee for ipad. We're all waiting for the release that's coming up on 3 days now. If you can't understand this, send me a pm and i'll translate this into your native language.

Here's a few words and phonetics

game1
    geɪm/
    an activity that one engages in for amusement.

help
    hɛlp/
    make it easier or possible for (someone) to do something by offering them one's services or resources.

intellect
    ˈɪntəlɛkt

the faculty of reasoning and understanding objectively, especially with regard to abstract matters.

Again please send me a pm if you need further help
    davemo said:

greenfish said:

davemo said:

greenfish said:

Illustair said:

I'm soo tempted to buy The Shadow Sun instead, seems very promising but doing relatively poor in sales. Much delayed fave game vs. new good but underappreciated game. Hopefully this gets released this week. I can only choose either because of storage space.

Thanks for the tip, but the awful framerate on ios is a turnoff for me.

Same with xcom, it's down to 18-20fps in some cases (not acceptable)
    Low frame rate would probably be even more painful for Shadow Sun since it is real time open world, unlike XCOM.
    Yeah I guess. The main problem is that a lot of these devs takes ipad 1-2 into consideration but rarely offers support for newer models resolution or hardware. Xcom was built on working on ipad 1, I mean
    come on, get with the program! Still it's feels great the touch UI vs pc.
    Was XCom a port, or did they code for the iPad from day 1?
    I don't know to be honest. They could have had ipad already in work befor PC, but i'm not sure about that.

Looking at the amount of bugs they've had from scratch i'd conjecture it was a port
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    edited January 2014
    @greenfish and @JohnEE
    I understand your frustration, but the site rules are still in effect. Personally attacking other members of the community isn't an acceptable way to behave here.
    Dee said:

@greenfish and @JohnEE
    I understand your frustration, but the site rules are still in effect. Personally attacking other members of the community isn't an acceptable way to behave here.

Which "member" have I attacked?

The last two posts directed at Pibaro were particularly disrespectful.
    edited January 2014
    Dee said:

The last two posts directed at Pibaro were particularly disrespectful.

Pibaro, I offered to help him since he's asking questions that are down to an elementary level. That's not being disrespectful, that's being honest.

Let's analyze his post shall we:

"This isn't a question about when a game will be realised, we are talking about the best game ever. There is no game in iStore who can even get close to BG2, and there will never be, so what are you conplaining about?
    It's full of stupid games that you can buy right now, buy one of them, and play it, why are you still here?"

"so what are you conplaining about?"

I'm assuming he can read the SIX PAGES AND THE THREAD TITLE? NO? That's why I offered to tutor him.

"It's full of stupid games that you can buy right now, buy one of them, and play it, why are you still here?"

He's either trolling or like I said he doesn't understand.

I'm not attacking him, I was in fact trying to help him.

Dee, on most forums his post would come out as trolling, intentionally trying to start a flame.

Even if that were the case (and I disagree that it was), your post was clearly meant to be insulting. If you can't see that, re-read the site rules. If you still don't understand, let me know. Be civil.
  • PibaroPibaro Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 2,989
    edited January 2014
    I don't want to start any flame.
    We all want to know when the game will be ready, but I believe there's a difference between desiring a game and attacking devs because the game is 2 or 3 weeks late.
    It's a huge game not originally designed for an iPad, so it will take time and there will be problems, but it will be the best game we will ever be able to buy in app store.
    If you think that this game doesn't deserve a bit of patience this means that you don't like this game so much, so you could prefere another game.
    That's it.
    I hope everyone can understand what I said, if someone can't I'm sorry and I'll gladly PM him the italian version so he can use google translate and understand my words.
    Dee, I don't understand your reasoning at all, towards me or JohnEE. Also noticed you haven't modded or given out a warning towards Pibaro.

Johnee said the guy lacked principles, that's being disrespectful to you!?!?

How is Pibaro NOT being disrespectful?????

I will read your rules right now again, because i do NOT understand your arbitrary moderation at all.
    Pibaro was offering suggestions while people wait, but as I see it no personal attacks were made.

Again, there's a big difference between disagreeing with someone, and insulting them directly.

No one's actually in trouble here, but I do know the difference.
This discussion has been closed.