Skip to content

Phase I: Performance Test, Part Two

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    Forgot to mention, either my fingers adapted a bit or choosing the dialogue appeared to be a bit more precise. Not sure which, I do know that there were no issues in choosing my dialogue choices at all this time.
  • fooflamfinnfooflamfinn Member Posts: 18
    Another test complete for the Nexus 7 2013! Man was it awesome seeing everything and hearing the voices. So much started coming back to me... Haven't played this game in over 15 years!

@Dee one thing I noticed was that it was rather difficult to select the donation text field at Ohgma's temple in order to enter a Numeric quantity. I had to be extremely precise when i touched it. Other than that everything ran smoothly. Though I'm thinking I should test further sections, just to be sure. ;)
  • matthileomatthileo Member Posts: 59
    did a test run on my Nexus 10. Works pretty well, a little stutter at some points but never enough to be frustrating
  • Eck4343Eck4343 Member Posts: 38
    Just finished the test on my Samsung Galaxy Note 3 and it ran great, I love the interface. 2 things though, and I'm sorry if these were already answered-

1) I got the completion message. Am I done? I didn't see a way on Testflight to report my success. Not sure if that happens automatically or what.

2) I was running through the test at work and my boss's wife walked in the room, and I had to turn off the screen in the middle of the test. When I tried to turn the screen back on and swiped the screen to go back to what I was doing, the screen just froze and then went black. I couldn't get back to the game or to my home screen, and had to reboot the phone. Perhaps this is normal for the Beta but I thought it was worth mentioning.

Other than that, the game runs smooth and the graphics look great. It works great with the stylus also. Can't wait until the next round of testing!

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    This is all good information to have, but please use the reply email from the build notification to submit your feedback.
  • babalonisbabalonis Member Posts: 3
    Finished test on my Asus Tf101. Performance was as smooth as butter, zero hiccups.
  • fooflamfinnfooflamfinn Member Posts: 18
    @Dee done!
  • veryproudmonkeyveryproudmonkey Member Posts: 10
    Complete! Old Nexus 7 and HTC One (had to try)... Went really well, pretty smooth!

Maybe something to consider - while scrolling in the area it is very precise requiring a lot of swipes to go where you would like. Maybe the swipe could be "softer" or more "springy" allowing for some extra travel between swipes.

Also, it would be nice to have more line space between choices in dialogue.
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    OK I finished my first run through of the beta and I am impressed and excited! 2012 Nexus 7 experienced no slow downs and everything was very fluid and natural. I think it will be the best BG interface by far. Kinda like how the Wii controls made RE4 into that much more of an awesome game and I never played it on anything but the Wii after. My only real criticism, and it may not be enabled, but on the inventory screen, how do I examine an item so I can read it's description?
  • AristeueinAristeuein Member Posts: 11
    Dee said:

This is all good information to have, but please use the reply email from the build notification to submit your feedback.

Done =)

• etotheoetotheo Member Posts: 61
    Really nice work guys. Looks and sounds great. I had no drop in frame rate as originally mentioned. I'll go back in to look for the "white line" as described above (and respond via email).
  • matthileomatthileo Member Posts: 59
    Scrolling through an area seems to ”get ahead of you” as you scroll, if that makes any sense
  • ChrpicaChrpica Member Posts: 3
    All clear on a 2012 Nexus 7 - a bit of a graphics glitch when zooming right after load ins, but it went away on its own.

Even just a couple minutes was still exciting!
  • conquerwormconquerworm Member Posts: 6
    Work awesome for me... Can't wait till you'll take my money.... does anyone know if one can use windows save files with android version and vice versa?
  • rderekprderekp Member Posts: 46
    @conquerworm, I know that it works between Windows and iOS, so I assume it will be the same for Android.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    What would be handy is to up the clicks required for dialogue choices. The first click highlights, the second confirms.
    @Dee I sent feedback by replying to the build email I received the other day, just want to make sure that is the correct process.
  • LcacdriverLcacdriver Member Posts: 41
    edited January 2014
    Note 2 I605 and Note 10.1 (2014) P600 both completed test and we're smooth and beautiful. Note 2 experienced same white graphical anomalies mentioned earlier. I am so psyched for this...to all the naysayers, this game is close. Rock on!
  • oldguyoldguy Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 22
    All of the builds so far play flawlessly on my Motorola XOOM. Can't wait for the next stage. Looking so good.
  • RookrockRookrock Member Posts: 18
    Have run all recent builds on both the nexus 5 and nexus 7 2013. Each time has been smooth, but the only problem I've run into is I keep getting drawn back to the days when I first played Baldur's Gate, and though the beta ends with Gorion's death, I find myself stuck in the late 90's for a good hour afterward. Probably not much you can do with the code to address this though. ;)
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Rookrock said:

Have run all recent builds on both the nexus 5 and nexus 7 2013. Each time has been smooth, but the only problem I've run into is I keep getting drawn back to the days when I first played Baldur's Gate, and though the beta ends with Gorion's death, I find myself stuck in the late 90's for a good hour afterward. Probably not much you can do with the code to address this though. ;)

It's all right. You've been saved by the bell.
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605

Work awesome for me... Can't wait till you'll take my money.... does anyone know if one can use windows save files with android version and vice versa?

The save files will be the same, but to get to the save folder (at lest where it is currently,"/data/data/com.beamdog.bgee/files/save") you will need a rooted android device.
  • RookrockRookrock Member Posts: 18
    edited January 2014
    Dee said:

It's all right. You've been saved by the bell.

Oh no, now I've been sent back to the late 80's! Trying to warn Dustin Diamond about his acting future is not working!

• wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
    edited January 2014
    Had no problems running the last few builds except for once, I tapped "New Game" and got an out of bounds message! Strange... Worked fine afterwards though.
  • LcacdriverLcacdriver Member Posts: 41
    After running the beta just to complete the test I played around a bit a few times...fights, menu screens, etc. I am really impressed with the way this has turned out so far. And the Note 10.1 just seems tailor made to play this game, with the stylus or without. Pretty fricking excited...hopefully testing and release will be a matter of a few weeks, rather than a few more months.
  • mtnkillmtnkill Member Posts: 26
    Ran through again with new build on my Nexus 10 and for the first time with a Moto X. Moto X worked great, and was smooth, but screen size would be rough to deal with for 40+ hrs of game play.

N10 still has noticeable lag when zoomed out all the way.
  • Eck4343Eck4343 Member Posts: 38
    "Reply above line to send feedback to developer" Not sure exactly what that means. I hit reply, and sent my results to an email address that was a long random string of characters. Hopefully that was correct.
  • wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
    I've figured out my out of bounds issue, it occurs when you start a game, quit to the BG main menu and the start a new game again.
  • pandacakepandacake Member Posts: 39
    91/100 nice to see some quick progress =D
    Alright tested successful on my Nexus 7 and Samsung Galaxy s3. Both did very well although I think the screen would really be too small on the phone but can't wait to play on my Nexus!
This discussion has been closed.