Skip to content

Phase I: Performance Test, Part Two

Comments

• fooflamfinnfooflamfinn Member Posts: 18
    Eck4343 said:

"Reply above line to send feedback to developer" Not sure exactly what that means. I hit reply, and sent my results to an email address that was a long random string of characters. Hopefully that was correct.

From a previous post I read on a different discussion (can't remember the specifics) what you did is fine and will reach them correctly.
    Eck4343
  • yocononoyoconono Member Posts: 2
    Hi Just tested the latest build on Android Nexus 7 (2012). test goes well , no issue. I'm waiting the next steps and hopefully the release now :)
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279
    @decado I'm not sure if it was like this in the earlier builds, but in the current build you can touch on the dialogue responses, then drag your finger around until the dialogue you want to choose is highlighted, then let go of the touch. Worked great for me.
    fooflamfinnAnton
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    @Faydark said:

@decado I'm not sure if it was like this in the earlier builds, but in the current build you can touch on the dialogue responses, then drag your finger around until the dialogue you want to choose is highlighted, then let go of the touch. Worked great for me.

I'll give it a go.
    Ronnaann
  • DannyBarkleyDannyBarkley Member Posts: 50
    Faydark said:

Yes, this actually helps a lot. Didn't know you could do that until you said though, although I haven't done the tutorial.

I also got that bug some of you mentioned whereby after going to sleep, when awaking again, BG freezes and has to close. Not the end of the world, but still might be problematic.
  • RookrockRookrock Member Posts: 18
    Faydark said:

This actually was available from the first build. That's how I went about selecting the correct response. Bigger text is still appreciated though
  • OmegaJimesOmegaJimes Member Posts: 3
    I may have been to eager to get it and skipped over supported devices or something. It crashes during install on my Nexus 4 running Cyanogenmod 11, and on my Galaxy Tab 7plus running ParanoidAndroid.
  • DannyBarkleyDannyBarkley Member Posts: 50
    Even on my 10'' Xoom the floating 'subtitle' text is very small... would like if it could be adjustable/bigger, especially for the 7'' tablets.

Also noticed that the game chugged when Firebead cast protection from evil. But the Xoom is really old now, so that's no real shocker.

Was gutted that I got a 'not part of the test' error after I rolled an 89 :-p
  • Airman1991Airman1991 Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 50
    I was running through the test again on my Nexus 7, and since I already completed the test twice before, I decided to mess around and do some quests. While playing around, I can't seem to figure out how to see a description of items in my inventory.
    Mythrialus
  • horus777horus777 Member Posts: 1
    an interesting thing that i noticed is that you can "drag" your finger through the availiable dialog options and stoping it on the desired answer instead of touching them right away. This can make choosing a dialog option much easier.
  • Dice42Dice42 Member Posts: 55
    95 successful, hopefully then it will be finished by Monday, and they can get the next stage up
  • matthileomatthileo Member Posts: 59
    Dice42 said:

95 successful, hopefully then it will be finished by Monday, and they can get the next stage up

hope so. there are only so many times I can magic missile that cow before I get bored.

actually, brb. going to go magic missile a cow
    fooflamfinnAristillius
  • pekirtpekirt Member Posts: 111
    edited January 2014
    Edit: I'm not posting this through TestFlight as these aren't "issues," as I would call it. ;)

Edit 2: Does TestFlight automatically monitor stuff like FPS?

I tried the game with my Galaxy Note II, which is running Android 4.1.2 and has a 5.5" screen (1280x720 native). It works great. Of course, on the PC I immediately adjust the speed of the game, so everything seemed relatively slow (but smooth). Some scrolling of the screen may have been a bit less than smooth, but that may be my imagination. Framerate seemed great for the animations, even for the Gorion battle. Of course, the text is too small for a 5.5" screen, but I guess the game wasn't made for that. S-pen works fine. The "mouse button" for the s-pen does what it usually does: cut out a part of the screen and copy it to the clipboard. I can see nice collages happening because of this. Also, the highlight items button on the right is something that would be used a lot, so a UI design that would make it more prominent would be welcome. It's OK the way it is now, but consider this a feature request for the 3rd patch after the release. ;)

The only way to close a window (such as inventory) is to press the appropriate icon on the left hand side of the screen. I would wish for tapping an empty part of the screen to close said window. On the PC, you press ESC, but that's not available on the phone of course.

I'll give it a go with my Galaxy Note 10.1 tonight. I just ran the game, and it looks gorgeous, but I didn't have the time to finish it.
  • conquerwormconquerworm Member Posts: 6
    Thanks that's awesome... Also I keep having it say I left the bounds of the game. It's okay that's happening at random times right? For example when police attack me and we fight after stealing in the inn. Or when I fight an assassin in the barracks. Or after I kill the guard in barracks and put on his armor. Just checking.
  • moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    That's fine, this isn't a gameplay testing beta. Its simply performance related. The beta is extremely narrow in scope in regards to what you can and can't do. Step out of that narrow scope at any time and you'll get the out of bounds message.
    I tried with my Note 10.1, and it works great. :)
  • wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
    edited January 2014
    Just tried it out on my old Galaxy Tab 2 7 inch. It ran ok, bht stuttered a bit during Gorion's battle.
    Post edited by wigglesg on
  • etotheoetotheo Member Posts: 61

Thanks that's awesome... Also I keep having it say I left the bounds of the game. It's okay that's happening at random times right? For example when police attack me and we fight after stealing in the inn. Or when I fight an assassin in the barracks. Or after I kill the guard in barracks and put on his armor. Just checking.

@conquerworm as long as you complete the interaction with Gorion and see the confirmation that TestFlight succeeded, I forget the wording... Then it's fine to go back in and mess around, eventually overstepping the boundaries of the test.
  • PacketPaulPacketPaul Member Posts: 3
    Graphics and play worked great on Nexus 7 2012 version.

One issue I found which may be outside the scope of the test. If while playing the game the Nexus has the lock screen enabled, the game hangs on return. If the developers request, I have the Android SDK and can send diagnostic info.
  • FaydarkFaydark Member Posts: 279

I may have been to eager to get it and skipped over supported devices or something. It crashes during install on my Nexus 4 running Cyanogenmod 11, and on my Galaxy Tab 7plus running ParanoidAndroid.

I had the same issue on my Xperia Z tablet. Fixed it by fully turning off ("Power Off" option) the tablet then back on again. Might work for you.
    pekirt said:

The only way to close a window (such as inventory) is to press the appropriate icon on the left hand side of the screen. I would wish for tapping an empty part of the screen to close said window. On the PC, you press ESC, but that's not available on the phone of course.

I noticed that too and thought it would be nice if we had an X in the corner we could select or something like you suggested. I went ahead and emailed the developer via the testflight email with your suggestion and mine, referencing your post (hope you don't mind!)
    pekirt
  • matthileomatthileo Member Posts: 59
    I thought the back button also worked for that

... I went ahead and emailed the developer via the testflight email with your suggestion and mine, referencing your post (hope you don't mind!)

I definitely don't. Thanks! I was going to do that myself, if I hadn't been lazy.

I didn't know that, @matthileo. I'll have to try that next play through.
  • patmanpatman Member Posts: 1
    Success on Asus memo pad hd 7.
    (should I email this or posting is enough?)
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137

I was running through the test again on my Nexus 7, and since I already completed the test twice before, I decided to mess around and do some quests. While playing around, I can't seem to figure out how to see a description of items in my inventory.

@Airman1991 I had the same issue with descriptions in the inventory. Haven't figured it out yet.
  • SouldancertnSouldancertn Member Posts: 45
    Ran great on my Kindle Fire HDX. Font was crisp and clean, no slow downs, but the default zoom level makes the character models look muddy, however zooming out clears that up.
  • wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
    Accessing the inventory descriptions on the iPad is achieved by using a long tap. I imagine that it would be the same for us Android users. I've tried doing it myself and it doesn't work. Maybe it's just not been enabled in this build as it has no relationship to performance which is what this build is all about.
    cmk24
  • k1ask1as Member Posts: 3
    Is there any possibility to become a beta tester? What is required?
    /Klas
    edited January 2014
    k1as said:

Is there any possibility to become a beta tester? What is required?
    /Klas

It looks like they closed the sign up again. :(

Keep checking back though every day/few days, which is what I did and how I was able to sign up.
This discussion has been closed.