Skip to content

Phase I: Performance Test, Part Two

Comments

• pekirtpekirt Member Posts: 111
    edited January 2014

It looks like they closed the sign up again. :(

Keep checking back though every day/few days, which is what I did and how I was able to sign up.

I posted 2 successes (edit: with 2 different platforms) after I saw the 95/100 mark. I assume that's because Dee's not updating the tally during the weekend. Presumably, they've hit the 100/100 mark and have closed the signups.

• solodsolod Member Posts: 58
    Hopefully the next part of the beta test is "Phase II: Play the Entire Game". Seriously can't wait.
  • atomicsnowmanatomicsnowman Member Posts: 31
    pekirt said:

I posted 2 successes (edit: with 2 different platforms) after I saw the 95/100 mark. I assume that's because Dee's not updating the tally during the weekend. Presumably, they've hit the 100/100 mark and have closed the signups.

It's nice to see these kind of results this time around. Much less discouraging for those of use who have been on the forums since the beginning.
  • rickbdmanrickbdman Member Posts: 8
    Just tested with my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3, worked great with or without the stylus (though the precision of the stylus for choosing dialog options makes that rather optimal, IMO). The test completed all the way through, but I didn't see a space in either the game itself or in the TestFlight app to provide additional comments? I know it's a beta so this sort of thing is expected, but as the initial dialog started after I'd selected my character, I was called away to perform Daddy Duties for my daughter, and without thinking did what I always do, pressed the power button on the phone to suspend the current app. When I got back, the phone wouldn't unlock. After multiple tries, I simply rebooted and started the test again, uninterrupted and without suspending I ran into no issues. I think someone else had mentioned that the white text (non-interactive dialog) is a bit small for high-res devices, though I was able to read it slightly bigger would be slightly better. Off to test on my older tablet device, a Tegra 2 powered ASUS EEE Pad Slider SL101. I'll look more closely throughout this thread for an email address to send this feedback since I know that's preferred to the forums, if someone has it handy and can reply in the meantime you'd be enabling my laziness, which I support. Gotta say, this is looking very good, can't wait for the final real thing!
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    rickbdman said:

I'll look more closely throughout this thread for an email address to send this feedback since I know that's preferred to the forums, if someone has it handy and can reply in the meantime you'd be enabling my laziness, which I support.

All you have to do is reply to the Test Flight email.
  • rickbdmanrickbdman Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2014
    cmk24 said:

rickbdman said:

I'll look more closely throughout this thread for an email address to send this feedback since I know that's preferred to the forums, if someone has it handy and can reply in the meantime you'd be enabling my laziness, which I support.

All you have to do is reply to the Test Flight email.
    Awesome, thanks. Also, I had no performance issues or problems with the old slider. Great to see that it can perform so well on a Tegra 2, if there's cloud saves I'll absolutely be playing between both Android devices and Windows!

Edit: Wait, just to make sure, you mean to reply to the 'noreply' address from TestFlight?
  • jrvhopejrvhope Member Posts: 4
    I'm new to this forum. Not sure where this comment belongs but I'm playing Black Pits 2 and have almost completed the game. I finished battle #19 and have started the revolt. The problem is, after I killed the animal handler, I can't get through the menagerie to advance the plot. All of the doors are locked and I'm not sure what to do next. Help!
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    I just did a couple tests with my Samsung Galaxy Tab 10.1" (SCH-I905) running Android 4.0.4, as far as performance tests go, it seems to work quite well, but I did run in to a bunch of "out of bounds" messages, mostly while attacking (specifically with Reevor's Rat's, Jondalar, and Shank) while using Abdel, and anytime I try to go to the inventory with Halen, but of course the test is for the game performance, and that works like a charm....

Might be good if the app would prevent the device from sleeping, my tablet always wanted to try to go to sleep during the Gorion fight if I didn't tap the screen.

In any case I look forward to future tests!
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @rickbdman, yes, the 'noreply' e-mail is the one you need to reply to. When you try to reply to it, the return e-mail will be different—it will not be 'noreply.'
  • atcqatcq Member Posts: 3
    Good Morning AndroidUsers :)

finished the TestApp on 3 different devices

ASUS Nexus 7 2012 - CM Android 4.2.2
    The playthrough went smooth and without any noticable FPS drops or audio desyncs. The only thing i noticed was that response to pressing buttons and loading the next screen (menu, after the introduction text) takes some time on the Nexus 7.
    Maybe it's the rather old version of CM and the fact that i have quite a lot of apps on it. Might upgrade to the latest CM and test again.

Samsung Galaxy Nexus - CM Android 4.3.1
    Amazingly smooth playthrough. This was the device that i thought would have the biggest problems but except for some longer loading times it played really smooth and the smaller resolution made the game more enjoyable than on my new LG Nexus 5.

LG Nexus 5 - CM Android 4.4.2
    Did exactly as i expected, smooth gameplay, dialogues that show up on the console are ok'ish to read (for a HD phone screen that is) the text showing up subtitle like over the head of Gorion in the cutscene are really hard to read on the screen though, but as long as that only happens as a subtitle thing it shouldn't be a problem to play even on a phone.

Overall, i'm more than happy with the build.
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    jrvhope said:

I'm new to this forum. Not sure where this comment belongs but I'm playing Black Pits 2 and have almost completed the game. I finished battle #19 and have started the revolt. The problem is, after I killed the animal handler, I can't get through the menagerie to advance the plot. All of the doors are locked and I'm not sure what to do next. Help!

@jrvhope I haven't played through Black Pits so I can't help, but I think you'll have better luck finding help if you post your question in this forum:

http://forum.baldursgate.com/categories/challenges-and-playthroughs

Good luck!
    Earlier I thought that the sphere animation wasn't working but after multiple tests it looks like the first few times Gorion just didn't have a chance to cast the spell. When it works it seems like the animation works fine on nexus 7
  • wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
    edited January 2014
    After something near 20 playthroughs of the beta builds I still haven't noticed him casting that spell. (or at least the slowdown associated with it).
  • DudzioDudzio Member Posts: 81
    Can't wait for phase 2 !
    Still 95/100? It's like watching any progress bar in Windows...
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    @atomicsnowman I'm sure we must be well over a hundred by now, the post was last edited on the 24th, so maybe they're just getting phase 2 ready to roll out now.
    @sepotter
    A watched progress bar never completes.
  • matthileomatthileo Member Posts: 59
    I'm with @sepotter

I'm sure we've had 5 more successes over the past 3 days...
  • solodsolod Member Posts: 58
    My bet is that they are working on the new build right now for Phase II. That is why there has been no completion update.
  • wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
    I was hoping to wake up to a Testflight email with a build for the next phase or a new thread about it here but no such luck. Guess I'll have to be patient and wait another 24 hours.
  • pandacakepandacake Member Posts: 39
    hopefully there will be new test later today once its work time on the other side of the pond
  • maaramaara Member Posts: 10
    Still think the cutscene should be little bit more zoomed and the overhead text bigger :)
    Congratulations troops, it appears the fighting has finally stopped. That week was an anxious and hard fought fight, but in the end we were victorious. Nothing to do now but recoup and wait for new orders.
  • smartroadsmartroad Member Posts: 47
    solod said:

My bet is that they are working on the new build right now for Phase II. That is why there has been no completion update.

But how long does it take to update 95 to 100 with a message to say "on to the next stage!"? It has been four days after all.

That said l still can't wait for next stage to play the game proper!
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    Maybe the next stage is not ready yet. Before you open the gate for new bug reports, it's better to get rid of the bugs you already collected in this stage.
    Regarding the "delay", don't you rest on week-end ? ;-)
  • smartroadsmartroad Member Posts: 47
    Isaya said:

Regarding the "delay", don't you rest on week-end ? ;-)

Obviously I don't begrudge them a weekend off ;-) (well maybe a little, I've beta testing this weekend AND I have a full time job... ;-) hehe I jest of course - just before someone sets the rabid hamsters on me to chew my legs off!!! I like my legs...)

However it really doesn't take long the write a quick note to say something like:
    "Thanks guys! Squashing a few bugs, we will soon be setting up for phase 2. Bear with us!"

I think it is more that suddenly we were all excited and happy to be helping out and Dee was keeping us updated, suddenly when it is appears that we should have finished phase one it has all gone quiet. It is all too easy to read far too much into the silence especially when we were seeing the numbers go up so quickly.

However I am desperately going to stay positive and "no news is good news", and time for another run through of the beta client, I almost have all the voice overs word for word now :-D
  • atcqatcq Member Posts: 3
    edited January 2014
    smartroad said:

But how long does it take to update 95 to 100 with a message to say "on to the next stage!"? It has been four days after all.

it took them more than a year after releasing on other platforms to even start beta testing, they even released BG2 before this beta test. Don't get me wrong, i'm happy that it might finally happen and might even finish within my lifetime but i'm not expecting anything regarding transparency and information from overhaul.
  • DannyBarkleyDannyBarkley Member Posts: 50
    edited January 2014
    smartroad said:

... time for another run through of the beta client, I almost have all the voice overs word for word now :-D

What, you didn't already? ;)

... I'm sorry that you feel that way old man ...
  • matthileomatthileo Member Posts: 59

smartroad said:

... time for another run through of the beta client, I almost have all the voice overs word for word now :-D

What, you didn't already? ;)
    My 'otel's as clean as an elven arse.

• DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    We're collating the data; don't worry, we haven't forgotten you.
This discussion has been closed.