Skip to content

[DUPE 7107] - Viconia Romance (Continual Talking Bug)

TheostanzinTheostanzin Member Posts: 53
edited January 2014 in Not An Issue
My Viconia romance was killed despite offering to cuddle in the second to last conversation. Since I didn't realize this until I had played on thru the underdark, rather than restarting I used the CLUAConsole instructions that I found online to try to restart the romance. That seemed to work and I got the conversation where she senses that Lolth is hunting her; however, now her character won't shut up, not dialog but the typical game dialog such as "Victory will be ours . . . " "Ust stans zhan dost ... " etc.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• TheostanzinTheostanzin Member Posts: 53
    edited January 2014
    I want to be clear about this. When I say Viconia won't shut up, I don't mean that she's whiny, I'm not being in character with these remarks. I mean quite literally, her game character talks constantly to the point where I can't even get her to move because she keeps stopping to taunt and rant.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Wait, you're reporting two bugs here or it was just a mention about the dialogue and the title is wrong?
    I've experienced this and I know reloading don't helps, have you tried killing and reviving her? Do it with CTRL+Y and then CTRL+Y to make it faster.
    @Gate70 @Tresset I really don't know how the issue of NPCs that don't stop to talk, so I summon thee.
    Wait a minute, getting a massage kills the romance but killing her doesn't?
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    It probably has something to do with the CLUAConsole commands you used. What exactly did you do with the console?
    CLUAConsole: SetGlobal('ViconiaRomanceActive','Global',2)
    Thank you both for getting back to me on this.

Wait a minute, getting a massage kills the romance but killing her doesn't?

Who gave you a massage? I think you kill the romance if you sleep with Phaere (you also kill the romance with Aerie this way, Jaheira don't seems too bothered about this).
    I honestly did none of those things. The Viconia romance appears to have a bug. I told Phaere I was collared and belonged to another. The weird thing was that she didn't react at all afterwards, showed no signs of jealousy so I started to realize that something must be wrong (although it's been over 10 years since I played this). Note that she gave me the "we need to take a break" speech before we went to spellhold. I forgot that we needed to have an encounter with the yochlol before that speech. That's when I researched the spoilers and realized that something must have gone wrong. Also, I actually elected to cuddle and didn't even get the massage (which I realized from the spoiler research ends the romance).
    "she didn't react afterwards" - I know that Aerie for example wants to know what happened with Phaere even when nothing did happen.
    That console command probably wouldn't have done it. Could you upload your save file? Also let me know if Viconia ever died in your game. I have a feeling it is the disappearing local variables upon death bug.
    She almost definitely has died and been raised at least once, since most of the group except the mainchar in the course of the game has. Will upload in a second.
    I can't save now because the game says that I am in dialogue mode. I can upload the version right before I make this change.
    I found the auto save file that didn't have the dialogue mode restriction.
    auto save
    hmm . . . I can't see the attached file although I believe that i did attach and upload it.
    You need to zip it first in order to upload it.

She almost definitely has died and been raised at least once, since most of the group except the mainchar in the course of the game has. Will upload in a second.

Was she killed and raised after this started to happen?

hmm . . . I can't see the attached file although I believe that i did attach and upload it.

I can't see either, you've must have posted the comment without it (it happened to me too).
    thanks
    Actually I need both the .sav and .gam file for a complete save. The best way to upload a save is to zip and upload the entire folder that contains these files (it will look like this: 00000001-yoursave)
    CrevsDaak
    ok
    here it is
    no, Viconia has been alive since I have been stuck in dialogue mode with her. This really started to happen immediately after the CLUAConsole romance status fix, switching the status from 3 to 2.
    Hmm. Not sure what is going on here. I suspect @Gate70 or @Troodon80 may be more helpful though...
    Thanks for trying.
    It's interesting that you mentioned Phaere because the only time I ever remember anything remotely like this before is when you are alone with Phaere while romancing Aerie. Aerie gets real excited when you are walking back from the room and starts to game chat constantly until the dialogue where she asks you what happened in there - occurs.
    @Theostanzin I am not sure what happens with Viconia, that's why I can't help much.
    I don't know what could cause the romance to break (maybe you choosed something wrong, I can't help here), but I know something about non-stop talking party members, if you kick them from your party they should shut up, and if you kill and revive them this should happen too, I'll give the save game a check to see if she does that.
    Ok. If I kick Viconia out and then ask her to rejoin, will the romance still be active?
    Just tried kicking her out and asking her to rejoin. She still won't shut up.
    Reload the auto save you've uploaded and CRTL+Y over her. Then use CRTL+R over her, if she haven't stopped, I don't think I'll be able to do something.
  • JackWalrusJackWalrus Member Posts: 16
    I remember this thread: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/447446/#Comment_447446
    In which the OP had a very similar problem after using CLUA console. I don't know if it can help you or not.