Skip to content

[DUPE] Harlot in De'Arnise Hold

Tie_FighterTie_Fighter Member Posts: 41
edited February 2014 in Not An Issue
A Harlot is hanging out at the second floor. Doesn't quite fit in, unless she is secretly a troll harlot (get it?). She appeared after I rested in the second floor (after having explored the whole map beforehand).

Expected behaviour: Random Harlots shouldn't show up. Probably.
Post edited by Illydth on

Comments

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    This seems familiar to other NPCs turning up in areas where they shouldn't be. I seem to recall someone reporting that a beggar appeared in the Underdark. There is currently very little information regarding what triggers this.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Haven't you hired her? Well, maybe you need, er, well, I think that this is completely random, I had a commoner spawned on the Wolfwere island a while ago.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    This is the topic that I was trying to find. Providing a saved game, as @Gate70 has said, would be a good start in trying to figure out what is causing this.
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    @Tie_Fighter: (Because we haven't given you enough bad jokes yet...that's why...)

You're confused as to why a harlot is appearing in a castle maintained by a new handsome ruler who isn't married? You just inherited a castle and land, you're not married, and you're a pretty famous adventurer.

Your question should be why the harlot DOESN'T Show up! :) The second question is why Nalia doesn't smite her on sight. :)

Ok, I'll slink back into my corner.
    CrevsDaak
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    I knew Nalia's aunt was no good!
    CrevsDaak
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    @Troodon80 there is also this topic which seems even more relevant to this since it actually involves a harlot (possibly the same one?).
    http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/27546/altheia-clones-spoilers
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    edited February 2014
    Illydth said:

A thread that has Troodon80 starting it with "What the...", the Comment "How is this even possible" and a reference to Skynet...

Best thread ever...ok, at least top 10. :)

This thread can go behind that one for sure :)
  • IllydthIllydth Member, Developer Posts: 1,641
    I've tagged the original thread with bug numbers (from BG:EE none the less...this thing is OLD).

MOving this to Not an Issue as a duplicate.