Skip to content

Is the Cleric of Tyr really coming?

I've saw lots of elaborate files for this kit (code named OHTYR), and I was wondering if it is really coming in the next patch.

I haven't looked at BG:EE, I've found this in BG2:EE while looking the 2DAs to make a Sith kit.
jackjackbooinyoureyesSCARY_WIZARD

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    More cleric kits? Oh yes please. First I've heard of it mind you.
    jackjack
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    edited February 2014
    Wow, this is like Apple, going through the files of the OS beta releases to speculate about upcoming new hardware models!
    CrevsDaakjackjack
  • FlashburnFlashburn Member Posts: 1,847
    I've been wondering about this myself. I was going to say it'll be a paladin kit but a new cleric kit sounds better.
    CrevsDaaklolien
  • smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    what's it do?
    BuddyRich
  • NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    Jalily said:

It's an NPC-only kit used by priests of Tyr in Dorn's questline.

While I'm glad to have this news it makes me wish there was a button to express gladness to not have my hopes set up but despair at the news given. As it is I feel like and agree don't work. When will this forum get a "NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO!!!" button option?
    QuartzCrevsDaak
  • JiveOneJiveOne Member Posts: 43
    Powerful, but then Tyr is a powerful deity.
  • FardragonFardragon Member Posts: 4,511
    edited February 2014
    You need a question mark. And about a dozen exclamation marks.

I guess the issue is the alignment based stronghold quests. A cleric of Tyr would be drafted into the temple of Lathander or Helm like unkitted clerics.

Would be better to give them the Paladin quest, but I'm not sure how hard that would be, or if the license would allow it.
    Post edited by Fardragon on
    Koliva
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    I would love to roll a Lawful Neutral one of these, and I never play clerics.
    QuartzCrevsDaak
    Jalily said:

Tyr holds great prominence in the pantheon due to his position as leader of the Triad
    Triads huh. Does this mean Athkatla will be getting a Kara-turtown district? :o
    jackjackKamigoroshielementbooinyoureyes
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Just wait for Yoshimo's younger sister to make an appearance as their leader...
    SilverstarCrevsDaakbooinyoureyes
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2014
    A kit that gives you a Kensai's damage bonus (all be it only for 2 rounds). I'll take that! I mean its no Leaftender kit but its something new for clerics which is kind of nice. Kind of odd that they wouldn't include it.

CrevsDaakjackjackEnialusMeliamneDragonspear
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Shameless self promotion…
    Hm, I like it!
    SilverstarmlneveseelminsterCrevsDaak
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    How weird, I didn't get a notification from bbear's comment...

@elminster Leaftender? Is that one Lothander's brother?

@Quartz the description isn't in the game (as much as I've searched I didn't find it).

@jackjack I've been thinking if Bentley Mirrorshade pays Elminster a 20% of what he gains by selling that ale because of the promotion.
    jackjack
    CrevsDaak said:

Leaftender? Is that one Lothander's brother?

It's Lathander's halfling half-brother. So basically the quarterling god of tea.
    CrevsDaakKamigoroshielminster
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811
    Quartz said:

Ummm so let me get this straight: You guys programmed an entire kit, proceeded to make a complete, official description, and it's not going to be usable.

Not really. Notice how @Jalilly didn't answer the question, only stated what its purpose is at the moment. She didn't give a definite "no"

So it COULD be usable, just not yet.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870

CrevsDaak said:

Leaftender? Is that one Lothander's brother?

It's Lathander's halfling half-brother. So basically the quarterling god of tea.
    Wait a minute... doesn't that make Coffeetender his father's brother's nephew's cousin's former roommate? And why is it that familiy matters tend to be complicated even in video games? It would be way easier if people were born on trees, like Maple Willow Aspen!
    SilverstarjackjackCrevsDaakelminster
    @elminster thanks for blessing us with your insight :)
    elminsterelement
  • elementelement Member Posts: 833
    id love a Halfling only kit, it would be nice seeing as dwarves got one and Halflings have so few choices at character creation

what id also love is a kit for a priest of Sune
    elminsterbooinyoureyes
    element said:

what id also love is a kit for a priest of Sune

I think that I already know which class my next daughter of Bhaal is going to be ;)
    jackjackelement