Skip to content

Phase III: The Usability Tune-Up

Comments

• Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    Worked pretty smooth on my Samsung Galaxy s3 Tmobile. When I pressed the power button I could not wake it up afterward and had to reset the phone. Also, can you put a quit button in or maybe I just need to use the task manager to quit the app.
    Question: is there a way to force open containers or is that removed in EE?
    diggerb
  • Cr4zyJCr4zyJ Member, Mobile Tester Posts: 208
    Sorry, running galaxy s3, android 4.3
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    On my latest run throughs with my Nexus 7 (2012) and Samsung Galaxy S3 I found the frame rate on my Nexus to be the best yet. The tap and confirm for dialogues helps a lot with the issue of tapping the wrong convo. Strangely enough I did notice a little lag on this build on my Samsung Galaxy S3 that I hang experienced before, but on the plus side it is able to go to sleep for a few hours and then go right back into the game. All and all I think we are getting very close.
  • MythrialusMythrialus Member Posts: 137
    Cr4zyJ said:

Sorry, running galaxy s3, android 4.3

@Cr4zyJ I understand CrazyJ. That updated has nearly bricked my wife's S3
  • DudzioDudzio Member Posts: 81
    No crashes or other bugs on Galaxy Tab 2.
  • wigglesgwigglesg Member Posts: 96
    The app still doesn't recover if the device has been locked while the app was open and left for a few minutes. The new sleep prevention feature minimises the issue a bit I suppose. The only way to avoid it I guess is to quick save and press the home button.
  • kyoreikyorei Member Posts: 12
    mtnkill said:

Dee said:

Alrighty, we'll take a look. Is it lagging all the time, or only at specific moments?

Hi Dee,

It happens more often than not. At full zoom out it is worse, but it is also noticeable at normal zoom. It happens at random points when he is walking, though I've noticed it seems to occur more often in graphically busy areas like the flower gardens in Candlekeep center.

Thanks!

Nexus 10 also here. I'd submitted a bug email about this though I'd described it as walking slower when zoomed out and walking faster when zoomed in. The other issue I currently have is when in the buy and sell dialogue and long clicking on an item to preview its stats - the preview screen appears but I can't scroll down it to view the full stats.
  • spikiespikie Member Posts: 17
    I have same bug on nexus 7 cant read full item description on buy and sell page as it wont scroll down
    cmk24
  • SiolenasSiolenas Member Posts: 6
    On Galaxy note 2014 edition.
    - the battle with Garion after you speak to him was to dark other then that a success.
  • SamuraiJackJrSamuraiJackJr Member Posts: 9
    Cr4zyJ said:

Question: is there a way to force open containers or is that removed in EE?

You can force the locks by clicking your weapon and forcing an attack on tne locked item. Success is based on strength versus the lock DC (I tnink!). With Abdel, I had a decent success rate with the locked items around Candlekeep.
  • mtnkillmtnkill Member Posts: 26
    kyorei said:

Nexus 10 also here. I'd submitted a bug email about this though I'd described it as walking slower when zoomed out and walking faster when zoomed in. The other issue I currently have is when in the buy and sell dialogue and long clicking on an item to preview its stats - the preview screen appears but I can't scroll down it to view the full stats.

Whew! Glad it isn't just my N10. I haven't seen any other N10 users mention it in the forum, so thought it might just be my device.
  • CasylCasyl Member Posts: 3
    mtnkill said:

kyorei said:

Whew! Glad it isn't just my N10. I haven't seen any other N10 users mention it in the forum, so thought it might just be my device.
    I also see some intermittent graphical slowdown on my Nexus 10 that manifests as CHARNAME walking slower. I haven't noticed any pattern to it, it seems to be more or less random to me.
  • SmilacrumSmilacrum Member Posts: 2
    hi everybody I got a transformer tft100 and a nexus 10 i would like to opt into beta , is it still possible?
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Smilacrum, the topic here has a link. If the beta is open, it will ask for details. Otherwise, it will say that the beta is closed.
  • diggerbdiggerb Member Posts: 132
    spikie said:

any chance of a slighter larger testIng program
    For example more xp from the few kills in area so we can level up and start testing spells ability's etc

That would be good (although traditionally, there isn't enough XP available in Candlekeep for a level-up), or at least open up the party training area in the southern building.
  • SmilacrumSmilacrum Member Posts: 2
    Troodon80 said:

@Smilacrum, the topic here has a link. If the beta is open, it will ask for details. Otherwise, it will say that the beta is closed.

Thank you, I signed up. I hope I will have a chance to test
    diggerb said:

spikie said:

any chance of a slighter larger testIng program
    For example more xp from the few kills in area so we can level up and start testing spells ability's etc

That would be good (although traditionally, there isn't enough XP available in Candlekeep for a level-up), or at least open up the party training area in the southern building.
    Giving 10k xp a kill would be enough for a level up and no extra area would need to be opened
    10k just as an example could be any figure plus you can murder a few people :) for the chaotic evil among you
    And i think beta is still open according to twitter
  • veryproudmonkeyveryproudmonkey Member Posts: 10
    Pick script for character was functioning in prior builds ... Not functioning in this build. You can select or highlight a script, such as standard attack, but cannot confirm it anymore with the appropriate done button. Not sure if that was by design or not. Just seeing if anyone else had this issue.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @veryproudmonkey, I think it is by design. I cannot see any other reason why certain buttons would be disabled.

Similarly, importing characters has the 'Done' button disabled on the list of characters to import, and the 'Next' button on the list of saved games. That's where I first noticed it. I figured it was because people were talking about exporting and importing—which is like an exploit, in a sense, since they only want people testing the bog-standard Abdel character. Levelling up, potentially adding abilities, etc., muddies the water.
  • darrenkuodarrenkuo Member Posts: 366
    It runs quite smoothly in my Sony Experia Z ultra with 6.44" screen , I expect someday apple will release big inch of ipad series as 12~13" or more bigger panel , it will be much funny to run BG on those machine,
  • Out2lunchOut2lunch Member Posts: 57
    Ran it on a Tesco Hudle over the weekend.

Game runs brilliantly on this very cheap tablet. I would defo buy one of these to play the game on.

Unfortunately its an older version of Droid so in immersion mode yet, but it really wasn't a problem. I wonder if there is a CyanogenMod for it yet???
  • DannyBarkleyDannyBarkley Member Posts: 50
    darrenkuo said:

It runs quite smoothly in my Sony Experia Z ultra with 6.44" screen , I expect someday apple will release big inch of ipad series as 12~13" or more bigger panel , it will be much funny to run BG on those machine,

Considering Apple's phone is still tiny, I wouldn't bet on it. There is, however, already a Samsung Note 12 inch tablet. BGEE would be ridiculous on that!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Casyl @kyorei @mtnkill

Can you tell me the following information:
    - What is the exact model of your tablet (GT-P8110, for example)?
    - In which build did you first notice the slow-down?
    - Which version of Android is your tablet running?
  • ChimpsterChimpster Member Posts: 1
    Flawless test on my Galaxy Note 10.1 2012.

Audio continued on my Galaxy Note 3 for a few seconds after it had closed (android 4.3). Other than that, smooth sailing.

Is there a way to make highlight objects a toggle rather than hold to press button?

New conversation system is a great idea, reduces annoying errors.

Great job so far, can't wait for the finished product!
  • SiolenasSiolenas Member Posts: 6
    I don't get any lag. It's a successful build.
    Dee said:

@Casyl @kyorei @mtnkill

@dee

Model is just Nexus 10
    Android version: 4.4.2
    Kernel version: 3.4.39-g5b5c8df
    Device/kernel build #: KOT49H

BG:EE build I first saw lag in was the first I tested: 1.2 (2032) #6

Thanks!
  • kyoreikyorei Member Posts: 12
    Dee said:

@Casyl @kyorei @mtnkill

@dee

Model: Nexus 10
    Android version: 4.4.2
    Kernel version: 3.4.39-g5b5c8df
    Device/kernel build #: KOT49H

I think I first noticed it in the first build I installed 1.2 (2032) #18

Cheers!
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    @Casyl @kyorei @mtnkill
    This is good information, thanks. Were all of your Nexus devices made by Samsung?
    Dee said:

@Casyl @kyorei @mtnkill
    This is good information, thanks. Were all of your Nexus devices made by Samsung?

Hi Dee,

Yes, I believe all N10 are made by Samsung.

Thanks!

This discussion has been closed.