Skip to content

[DUPE] - Asylum bug baldur's gate EE windows

2»

Comments

• moody_magemoody_mage Member Posts: 2,054
    @Larelin, you would need to pick up the override file posted by @Troodon80, not the save game from @Tresset
  • LarelinLarelin Member Posts: 16
    When I get home from work.. I'll try that one .. thanks @decado
  • CivolatatCivolatat Member Posts: 7
    Can someone point me to this override file please?
  • chinaskichinaski Member Posts: 1
    Hi, encountering this bug on the ipad version, anyway to fix?
  • PatrickPatrick Member Posts: 1
    @‌ Troodon, "This is actually a problem with the dialogue, it seems.

I think this should fix the issue, and offer the XP reward as intended. Unzip the attachment to the override folder and try talking to the statue.

@Tresset, I cannot see a ticket for this particular issue, nor can I see a number in the other thread, was this reported and, if it was, what number?
    ZIP"

I can't get past the head, so I created Override folder in Documents/BG2EE folder, but I cant figure out how to download your fix. My computer is seeing it as an image, not a file. I admit I'm not very good at this kind of thing, and I'm probably missing something obvious, Thanks for any help
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Patrick, you should be able to just click (standard left-click) on the file in the other topic and download as a Zip file. You may need to use something like WinZip, WinRAR, or 7-Zip in order to open the file and extract the contents.

Also of note, once a patch is released for the game will should delete the override directory in Documents. If the override directory is located in the game folder it is automatically removed, but when it is located in the Documents directory it is not.
  • QuamaQuama Member Posts: 3
    I'm also only showing that file as an image. I've got 7-Zip, so I'm not sure why this is happening. But I've got the same bug, statue says that the way is open but I can't get past it. In my journal, it shows that I found out that the way is open before I found out that I needed the crystal and the hand. Not sure if that is important or not...
    Help me Obi-Wan, you're my only hope
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Quama, what steps are you using to try and download it? If you just left-click/tap/etc., then it should save as a Zip file.
    well, that's weird, I just went to double check and it worked fine. Maybe it didn't show before because I wasn't a member? Will try to tackle this and get back at ya
  • coldcold Member Posts: 2
    I had same problem but the solution from above didn't work for me (maybe because of steam game version)

But I found other way. You have to open console, by adding to baldur.ini (file should be in documents, where saves are). During the game, before talking to Head open console and write:

C:SetGlobal("openHead","AR1512",0)

That should do the trick :)
    I probably should have noted this before but I'm playing on an ipad. Any way I can open the console on there? Should I download iFunbox for the ipad?
    I feel dumb.
  • ladidaladida Member Posts: 1
    same bug here, the fix (attached file) worked (BGII:EE@Steam), thanks a lot!