Skip to content

Innteresting Inns!

SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
So in my most recent playthrough, I just realized that the Blade & Stars Inn is full of some pretty fun personalities!
There's G'axir the Seer, Shaella of Leira, Maple Willow Aspen (the commoner who seems to be able to like...explode into tree-farts when agitated), and Reginald "Longtooth" Worthington III. and some commoner dude who I'm going to pretend likes to huff kittens

Let's talk about Inns and Taverns and Bars and other such fine establishments of the Spine of the World and Sword Coast we like, for reasons!

Comments

• lunarlunar Member Posts: 3,460
    Den of the Seven Vales in Waukeen's Promenade is an interesting place. The owner and barkeep, a surly and stocky woman named Patricia will be very unfriendly towards male characters talking to her. She will not be very talkative and rebuff most questions rudely.

However, if you talk to her with a female pc or npc, (except Viconia!) she will be more friendly and talks more openly, about the history of her little inn's name. (It was 'Seven Veils' when her late husband, bless his soul, used to run the place, because he had belly-dancers with veils and shawls and the like to attract patrons.) There is also a hillarious mage trying to become a bard, but is rather unsuccesful at it.

Also upstairs you can have yourself a pretty tough fight with a group of mercenaries. Loot is good especially for the early game and thus many experienced players like to challenge them right out of Irenicus's dungeon.
  • SCARY_WIZARDSCARY_WIZARD Member Posts: 1,438
    lunar said:

Den of the Seven Vales in Waukeen's Promenade is an interesting place. The owner and barkeep, a surly and stocky woman named Patricia will be very unfriendly towards male characters talking to her. She will not be very talkative and rebuff most questions rudely.

However, if you talk to her with a female pc or npc, (except Viconia!) she will be more friendly and talks more openly, about the history of her little inn's name. (It was 'Seven Veils' when her late husband, bless his soul, used to run the place, because he had belly-dancers with veils and shawls and the like to attract patrons.) There is also a hillarious mage trying to become a bard, but is rather unsuccesful at it.

Also upstairs you can have yourself a pretty tough fight with a group of mercenaries. Loot is good especially for the early game and thus many experienced players like to challenge them right out of Irenicus's dungeon.

Yes, indeed! I also like The Red Sheaf, because of a kindly man by the name of Raleo Windspear.
  • KidCarnivalKidCarnival Member Posts: 3,747
    I was a regular in an underdark tavern named The Crosseyed Cyclops. The owner and barkeep is a myconid lady named Myrna. She makes a mean Sorsha Stew, and invited only the most entertaining drow bards to perform. I miss that place.
  • TarlugnTarlugn Member Posts: 208
    Oh, if every taverng got something special for sale like FAI has... it would make exploring them again more appealing, certainly. Just items like that with some bonus never seen before - I think there is, in terms of gear, room for a lot of improvement.
  • BelgarathMTHBelgarathMTH Member Posts: 5,653
    edited February 2014
    Did anyone else ever see the joke about the "Red Sheaf Inn", connecting to the "Red Roof Inns", a real life chain of inexpensive hotels in America?
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251

Did anyone else ever see the joke about the "Red Sheaf Inn", connecting to the "Red Roof Inns", a real life chain of inexpensive hotels in America?

I thought it was funny that people hang out in the front, or "parking lot".
  • LemernisLemernis Member, Moderator Posts: 4,318
    I forget the name of the inn in Nashkel that has Volo but I would definitely enjoy talking with him, he'd have many a tale to tell. Otherwise the Beregost in at the southeast corner of town (Jovial Juggler?) has quite a few quest-givers and might have some interesting conversation.
  • jackjackjackjack Member Posts: 3,251
    Ah, The Belching Dragon :)
    So many memories…
  • CalmarCalmar Member Posts: 688
    The Whistling Gallows Inn in Lonelywood and the Evening Shade Inn of Kuldahar are among the best inns I've visited in the games. I love those dark, moody and homely places with their dark corners, small rooms and trophies. :)
  • Montresor_SPMontresor_SP Member Posts: 2,208

On my endless travels, I lodged in countless inns and visited numberless bars. But none of them were fit to hold even a candle against the Smoldering Corpse Bar.

Ah yes, the Smoldering Corpse - I love the place, the patrons, the wonderful music score ... Ignus and Dak'kon ... feeding poison to Mochai ... then emptying the bar ... ;-)

The Traitor's Gate Tavern in Curst isn't bad either.
  • SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    I quite like the ambience in The Undercellar even though it doesn't technically function as an inn unfortunately.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited February 2014
    I like the vulgar monkey myself. The fact that it serves Elminster's beer is merely a coincidence :)
  • SkaffenSkaffen Member Posts: 709
    Crooked Crane: nothing beats a lich in the cupboard...
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    I always liked the Scarlet Bard - be sure to order the wine!
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    edited March 2014

I was a regular in an underdark tavern named The Crosseyed Cyclops. The owner and barkeep is a myconid lady named Myrna. She makes a mean Sorsha Stew, and invited only the most entertaining drow bards to perform. I miss that place.

Her Sorsha Stew wasn't the only thing she was mean at making, *lecherous laugh*

Her Sorsha Stew wasn't the only thing she was mean at making, *lecherous laugh*
    @OneAngryMushroom

PUN ALERT!

So the rumors are true? You two mushrooms were getting mushy?
    deltago said:

I quite like the ambience in The Undercellar even though it doesn't technically function as an inn unfortunately.

huh... if it isn't an Inn what are all the beds for? *ponders*
    It must be a furniture store!