Skip to content

Watcher's Keep, Level 2, Fire Lab Monsters do not spawn!!!!

Running ios version. I've cleared all other labs but when I open the door to the fire lab: nothing. Just an empty room. Seems like a major bug but cannot find it reported anywhere. I have no save before entering, so looks like I have to bail on Watcher's Keep, which really sucks!

Comments

• sarevok57sarevok57 Member Posts: 5,975
    trying walking as close as you can to the fire pool in the middle of the room ( have some fire resistance on) and see if they start coming out
  • lawtalkinguylawtalkinguy Member Posts: 7
    Nope. I just keep taking damage but nothing spawns. Thanks though.
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @lawtalkinguy, can you zip up a saved game and upload/attach it for inspection?

Tagging @CrevsDaak‌ and @Illydth‌; have either of you encountered anything like this?
    Let me know if this works. Thanks all!
    save.zip 640.9K
    Here's full folder, just in case.
    Thanks, will try! I don't recall anything in particular in re to the ice golem, but I really don't remember.
    Worked! Thanks @Gate70 and others! Was driving me batty.
  • NaranothNaranoth Member Posts: 5

Worked! Thanks @Gate70 and others! Was driving me batty.

@lawtalkinguy‌, @Gate70‌ Encountered the same problem on ipad ios 7.1.2. could You please tell me how You've solved this?
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    I can't remember the specifics but there will be a global variable that needs incrementing. To do so you will need to zip & attach a save using ifunbox. I don't know the details but if you are stuck @CrevsDaak‌ can help you through that part.
    @Gate70‌ Thank You for the tip! Will try!
    edited July 2014
    For reference these are the fields I think are involved.
    Must be checked and set when in that area (Chromatic Demon level).
    I'm happy to edit a save if you can zip/attach one.
    Would like to know which are not set to investigate why it is happening.

Check if the fire elementals variable is set. A value of 1 should spawn the first.
    C:GetGlobal("FireCreatureSpawn","AR3016")

Check if the Ice Golem variable is set. A value of 1 should spawn the fire giant.
    C:GetGlobal("KillIceGolem","AR3016")

& to update them.
    C:SetGlobal("FireCreatureSpawn","AR3016",1)
    C:SetGlobal("KillIceGolem","AR3016",1)

Suspect we need an issue raising for this but not got a suitable repro case yet. @Naranoth‌ can you remember anything specific about this. i.e. you started with the air room, then the poison room, then the ice room and finally the fire room? Did you kill the ice golem after the ice mists and how far into the room. etc.
    Post edited by Gate70 on
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    Gate70 said:

I can't remember the specifics but there will be a global variable that needs incrementing. To do so you will need to zip & attach a save using ifunbox. I don't know the details but if you are stuck CrevsDaak‌ can help you through that part.

Browse in Baldur's Gate II Enhanced Edition/Library/save for the saves, the saves recomposed by the whole folder named 00000### - Saved Game Name Example, zip/rarthat folder and upload it using the Attach a file option under the comment box.
    @Gate70‌ @CrevsDaak‌ Could You please guide me on how to get zip the save on ipad? Perhaps there is a manual I can refere to?

Actually the whole second level turned out not quite how it was planed to. For a start there were only fire lab librurary guardians. In the rest of the 3 libruraries there was none. I went the ususal route with the labs, but there was one strange part with the ice golem. He could't wander out a small area inside the frost cha,ber, a sircle aprox half of the chamber itself. It was qute odd, coz all I had to do is stand just outside his reach and throw fire spells at him. And that was it. After that I found the firle lab empty.
    I haven't used it but it looks relatively straightforward.
    http://www.i-funbox.com/

This area changes settings depending what level your party is, what difficulty level the game slider is and how many people are in your party.

Assuming you did the lightning room first then the poison room the next step is to have the fan on full and all the doors from the lightning room to the poison room then to the ice room open. With the mist in that room the mists and golem should be vulnerable. Did you kill all 3 mists, and was that before/after the golem. The golem and mists should not leave their room, this is no different to the original game.
    You;ll have to put the saves in the computer, then zip/rar and upload them.
    So need an iPad and a computer as not able to zip on native device?
    @Gate70‌ yes :| iPad is a little bit (read: a lot) restricted in some (read: many) actions.
    edited August 2014
    Here is the save from the Watchers keep. Sorry for the delay - had no access to the computer for some days.

@Gate70‌ I Didn't had the fan on full for the ice room at first. Only after the harsh battle and a retreat did i ventured to set the fan on full. The strange part was that the golem did not only venture out of the room but was unable to exit a circle half the size of the ice chamber itself.
    I went into the keep well deep into the game (lvl 18 or so) just before entering the elven city and completing almost all of the quests on parts 1 to 5. The place should be more guarded for a group of six high level party i guess...
    Try this @Naranoth‌
    You may get a few extra fire elementals, i.e. 2 at a time only one of which should freeze and the other looks like it dies but the animation remains. I could probably fix it but it's too late for me to look at today.
    Not my worry at the least! Thank You so much for Your trouble!
    The very best regards!