Skip to content

If BG were a game of DnD...

124»

Comments

• ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    My word. That was the best one yet. It nearly brought a tear to my eye, I was laughing so much.
    But I can't like AND agree! *sighs* Just one of the difficult choices of life...
  • TyranusTyranus Member Posts: 268
    Never feel sorry for Liches.

I'm sad to hear you'll be wrapping yours up without getting into TOB, but I know where you're coming from. I spend three times as much time re-reading for (and still missing) spelling and grammar errors as I do thinking about what the hell they're going to do next. It's not as easy as I remember it being.

Your characters are awesome! There's so much I can't do with Kangaxx now I wish I could...
    edited March 2014
    Tush: I hate you
    Alora: I know
    Tush: You've moved up the list
    Alora: Charmed
    Tush: When I get this belt off, I swear I'm going to...
    DM: SISTER!
    Tush: ... I can't believe you would have let him do it.
    Alora: Oh, we haven't even started yet
    DM: As you approach the Friendly Arm Inn, you bask at its wonder!
    Randall: I've seen it before
    DM: You don't understand, it's like, really big!
    Randall: It's not that big
    DM: There's a drawbridge and everything!
    Randall: ARE YOU REALLY GOING TO MAKE ME SIT THROUGH THIS WHOLE GOD DAMN CUTSCENE!
    DM: ... Five more seconds. Did I mention the walls?

DM: As you walk into the courtyard of the Inn, you see a Temple in front of you. You should probably take Flower there...
    Flower: NO TEMPLES!
    Alora: Seriously?
    Flower: Get me a bed!
    Tush: Even you have to admit that you need a priest!
    Ducky: I've never seen anyone turn into a puppy before, I'd remember that. I love puppies!
    Flower: I'm fine! Look, turning into that thing healed my wounds!
    Alora: The potion of healing we shoved down your throat probably helped
    Flower: No! That's probably the reason why I'm still hurt right now! Next time you try and drown me, make sure I'm awake!
    Tush: I was already planning on it...
    DM: The stairs leading to the front gate of the main keep are right beside the entrance of the Temple, which are you going to take?
    Flower: NO TEMPLES!
    Alora: No temples then! I'll throw you in the cheapest closet they have and let you lick your own wounds better! Like the mangey bitch you are!
    *stunned looks*
    Alora: Too soon?

DM: As you walk up the stairs you're approached by a strange man named Tarnesh
    Randall: *nasty stare*
    Tarnesh: Hi there friends, might you be the party of Alora?
    Randall: No
    Tarnesh: But I'm sure you are
    Randall: Not us
    Tarnesh: I was told that the members of her party...
    Randall: Look, not us, asshole.
    Tarnesh: One petite black hair lady name Alora
    Alora: You think I'm petite!?
    Tarnesh: One mangey hippy bitch named something god awful
    Flower: I'll have you know these dreadlocks are NOT because i'm a hippy!
    Tarnesh: One shady ruffian named Rapist of Crows, who has some signs of developing throat cancer
    Randall : [you said my Batman voice was awesome]
    Tarnesh: [Once! I said it once! After we watched the movie! It was in context then!]
    Tarnesh: I'll admit my description was not entirely accurate on the remainder of your party. I was not told there would be one so beautiful amongst you!
    Tush: *draws short sword*
    Tarnesh: And the big dumb barbarian one should have a mighty blade, not some butter knife
    Ducky: I...
    Randall: DON'T SAY ANYTHING! We're not the ones you're looking for, now FUCK OFF!
    DM: The letter courier arrives
    DM: MAIL CALL! MAIL CALL! IS THERE ANYONE NAMED DUCKY HERE!
    Ducky: I'M DUCKY!
    DM: Parcel for you, sir. Sign here. *hands Ducky a note*
    Ducky: It's from my Mom! 'Dear Ducky!' That's me! 'I got your letter! I hope you and Susan are happy together on your first big adventure. I heard you left with your friend Alora and some of the other boys from the Keep. Good luck! PS: Since you said you were going to remember that your friend killed an Ogre and her babies, I made you a cake! Enjoy!
    Rndall: Well shit...

DM: Tarnesh cast Horror to begin the battle *rolls dice* Everyone fails except Ducky, who is immune to Fear-based effects
    Ducky: Why's everyone running around all of a sudden?
    Alora: Ducky! Kill this bastard for me, would you?
    Ducky: Just a second. Oh god... It's got candles!
    Alora: Ducky! He's trying to hurt us! Attack him!
    DM: Tarnesh casts Mirror Image
    Ducky: Ummm... which one?
    Tush: Just hit all of them until he dies!
    Ducky: Ok. *draws dagger* I attack
    DM: *rolls dice* You hack and slash away at two of the images, which disappear as you make contact. Three more remain. Tarnesh begins to cast Magic Missile
    DM: *hands Ducky a note*
    Ducky: I swing for the middle one
    DM: ... Fuck, why doesn't anyone ever think of that the first time?
    Ducky: Do I hit!
    DM: *rolls* You hit him and stick your dagger into his chest. *rolls* He manages to finish casting his spell. *rolls 3 dice* He hits you with a fully powered salvo of Magic Missiles. You take 18 points of damage!
    Alora: SHIT!
    Flower: DUCKY!
    DM: Tarnesh and Ducky fall to their backs on the steps. The fear spell is broken
    Flower: I run up the steps
    Alora: Me too
    Flower: I try to heal Ducky. Please don't be dead!
    Alora: I loot Tarnesh's corpse. Please don't be empty!
    DM: As you begin to touch Ducky, he rolls over
    Ducky: Hi pretty lady
    Randall: Wait, how'd he survive that? He's only level 1!?
    DM: He must have leveled up after defeating that Werewolf
    Alora: Hey! I blinded it! Where's my xp!
    Ducky: I'm not feeling too good. Can we go to the temple, now? Please, pretty lady?
    Flower: Ok, We'll go. I'm just glad you're alive.
    DM: The guards stand around shocked by the fight which began and ended so quickly due to your presence. You help carry Ducky down the steps towards the door of the Temple.
    Ducky: It's not a butterknife, bitch.
    Post edited by Tyranus on
    @enqenq I've missed so many opportunities, too! I really wanted Alora to say something about thinking Sarevok was hot and making that a running joke after the first encounter, but I just forgot. Think my characters are funny enough without it? I'd love some feedback since I do plan on continuing with this, even if I'm the last man standing!

I can imagine someone, somewhere, who's really sore, desperatly searching through Google to find a lawyer that specialized in "colonoscopic malpractice". Welcome to the Baldur's Gate Forums, my streched-out friend!
    @Tyranus‌ I think you're doing great! The characters play off each other very nicely and it's quite funny. Keep up the good work!
    @enqenq Bravo! A grand finale! Who ever would have thought Rakshasa head would feel so good in the end!

PS - Did you ever mention Tepp's race?
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    edited March 2014
    No. Neither Luna's for that matter (but I did narrow it down). I also haven't mentioned their appearance in general. I figure I should have done this at the very start if I wanted to, but I don't regret not doing it. I've mentioned it as it's been part of jokes, but for the rest I reckon you guys might have your own ideas what race they play and how they look. Why should I tell you after half the story that you imagined them "wrong" if it's not gonna lead to anything anyway =)

When Luna calls Tepp out on revealing her race to the readers, it's more for the humor of them acknowledging they're in a story. And also because Luna and Tepp like to fight. There was never some grand reveal planned for her race. Let it be any tall race you want. Same with Tepp of course, though if you want to be perfectly anally correct about it one of them needs to provide Infravision.
    Post edited by enqenq on
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 22,723
    We need more of these hilarious D&D posts! It would be fantastic to read new stories.