Skip to content

If BG were a game of DnD...

Comments

• NecomancerNecomancer Member Posts: 622
    edited February 2014
    @deltago While I gotta love your enthusiasm if you ever do DM a game just remember, its your job to entertain, not kill. A well done campaign changes and evolves just as the player's characters do and always keeps them the focus, the great heros or villains and ends with them feeling that they've made a big difference in whatever world they're in. I've rarely ran campaigns from start to end but the last one I did ended with the players ending a hundred year war, becoming the greatest heros on the island continent they were on and in one case one of the players actually cried (Though to be fair, she cries easily). Oh, and another became a god.

That being said, these parodies mostly make fun of how most games actually go, especially with new players or players with far too much experience. /end DM lecture.
  • deltagodeltago Member Posts: 7,811

@deltago While I gotta love your enthusiasm if you ever do DM a game just remember, its your job to entertain, not kill. A well done campaign changes and evolves just as the player's characters do and always keeps them the focus, the great heros or villains and ends with them feeling that they've made a big difference in whatever world they're in. I've rarely ran campaigns from start to end but the last one I did ended with the players ending a hundred year war, becoming the greatest heros on the island continent they were on and in one case one of the players actually cried (Though to be fair, she cries easily). Oh, and another became a god.

That being said, these parodies mostly make fun of how most games actually go, especially with new players or players with far too much experience.

Oh I know. My last comment was more of a joke than anything. More in the lines of a DM that rolls out Tome of Horrors for his first campaign.
  • TsundermanTsunderman Member Posts: 1
    deltago said:

That being said, these parodies mostly make fun of how most games actually go, especially with new players or players with far too much experience.

Oh I know. My last comment was more of a joke than anything. More in the lines of a DM that rolls out Tome of Horrors for his first campaign.
    Hahaha, funny story about that... (It's 1e AD&D too.)
  • paladinlzqpaladinlzq Member Posts: 6
    I translated to chinese,and none of my little buddies laughted……lame joke~~I like it
  • TyranusTyranus Member Posts: 268
    @Awong124 Dude, she's like 12.

We're fine with bisexuality, beastiality, necrophilia, and god knows what else that Bard is capable of, but there ARE limits.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    Not that it makes it any better but I'd be more inclined to think she's probably like 15-16.
  • scriverscriver Member Posts: 2,072
    No, I'm pretty sure she's an actual child.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    edited March 2014
    Her initial voiced line makes her seem younger than she really probably is. Her dialogue in Baldur's Gate in particular makes her seem certainly older than 12. Plus she doesn't have a child's sprite.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    edited March 2014
    If she uses a grown woman sprite, that's old enough for me, lol. Besides, doing girls of questionable age was common during those medieval/fantasy times if you believe the A Song of Ice and Fire series.

When I do the quest I usually help her, then kill her as she's teleporting away.
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    Does the child sprite even have attack or casting animations? If not then that's probably the reason as to why Tenya looks older. Well, either that or she had a received a growth spurt blessing from the Bitch Queen.
  • Awong124Awong124 Member Posts: 2,643
    Maybe she's just an early bloomer.
  • enqenqenqenq Member Posts: 499
    Someone do Ihtafeer.
  • TheSargeTheSarge Member Posts: 20
    Nitpick:
    It's D&D, not DnD.

I'll show myself out.