Skip to content

The BG NPC project

Comments

• XzarXzar Member Posts: 215
    Using instructions above I installed everything, except Ajantis and Coran romances. They were giving an error.
  • SjerrieSjerrie Member Posts: 1,234
    edited April 2014
    @Val there should be a WeiDU.log file in the main game folder. It would be very helpful if you could post that. As an attachment would be fine.
  • ValVal Member Posts: 20
    Hey.
    Thank you very much for the reply-unfortunately, I can not yet upload the file, but here is the copy paste version of it..
    WeiDU v 23100 Log

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\setup-bg1npc.exe
    [./chitin.key] loaded, 498152 bytes
    [./chitin.key] 197 BIFFs, 35164 resources
    [dialog.tlk] loaded, 4582838 bytes
    [dialog.tlk] 32302 string entries
    [C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\setup-bg1npc.exe] Using scripting style "BG1"
    [dialog.tlk] claims to be writeable.
    [dialog.tlk] claims to be a regular file.
    WARNING: parsing log [WeiDU.log]: Sys_error("WeiDU.log: No such file or directory")
    Install Component [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications]?
    [I]nstall, or [N]ot Install or [Q]uit?
    Installing [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications] [v21_PRERELEASE_1]
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/DIALOG.BIF]
    [./DATA/DIALOG.BIF] 1322876 bytes, 1234 files, 0 tilesets

BG:EE install detected.
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/AREAS.BIF]
    [./DATA/AREAS.BIF] 2279736 bytes, 457 files, 0 tilesets
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/EXPAREAS.BIF]
    [./DATA/EXPAREAS.BIF] 310040 bytes, 47 files, 0 tilesets
    Stopping installation because of error.

ERROR Installing [The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [bg1npc/backup/0/OTHER.0]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "bg1npc/backup/0/OTHER.0")
    [bg1npc/backup/0/UNSETSTR.0] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 0 files for [BG1NPC.TP2] component 0.
    Uninstalled 0 files for [BG1NPC.TP2] component 0.
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/PROJECT.BIF]
    [./DATA/PROJECT.BIF] 130348 bytes, 193 files, 0 tilesets
    BIFF may be in hard-drive CD-path [./cache/DATA/25DEFLT.BIF]
    [./DATA/25DEFLT.BIF] 2827848 bytes, 160 files, 0 tilesets
    Unable to Unlink [bg1npc/backup/0/READLN.0]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "bg1npc/backup/0/READLN.0")
    Unable to Unlink [bg1npc/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "bg1npc/backup/0/READLN.0.TEXT")
    ERROR: Failure("No rule to identify BGEE")
    PLEASE email the file SETUP-BG1NPC.DEBUG to The BG1 NPC Project Team: forums.gibberlings3.net/index.php?showforum=45
    Using Language [English]
    [English] has 1 top-level TRA files
    [bg1npc/tra/english/setup.tra] has 124 translation strings

Hmm it almost looks like a few .BIF files are missing... But I do notice that it says v23100, while the most recent WeiDU i know of is v23600. It's not a bad idea to try again with that.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    Using WeiDU 231 is the reason why it complains about "no rule to identify BG EE".

To update the installer, download WeiDU 236 (read this topic for details), extract the file weidu.exe from its archive and copy it into you game directory "C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Baldur's Gate Enhanced Edition\". Then remove file setup-bg1npc.exe and rename weidu.exe as setup-bg1npc.exe.
    You should be able to install the mod then.
    Hey,
    thank you for the help. It started installing and then I got another error..

Can not upload files unfortunately, so there is the copy paste version

ERROR Installing [The BG1 NPC Project: Coran's Romance Core (adult content)], rolling back to previous state
    Unable to Unlink [bg1npc/backup/11/OTHER.11]: Unix.Unix_error(1, "unlink", "bg1npc/backup/11/OTHER.11")
    [bg1npc/backup/11/UNSETSTR.11] SET_STRING uninstall info not found
    Will uninstall 6 files for [BG1NPC.TP2] component 11.
    Restoring backed-up [bg1npc/backup/11/BG1NPC.tra]
    bg1npc/backup/11/BG1NPC.tra copied to BG1NPC/TRA/english/BG1NPC.tra, 81420 bytes
    Restoring backed-up [bg1npc/backup/11/gtimes.ids]
    bg1npc/backup/11/gtimes.ids copied to override/gtimes.ids, 1282 bytes
    Uninstalled 6 files for [BG1NPC.TP2] component 11.
    Unable to Unlink [bg1npc/backup/11/READLN.11]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "bg1npc/backup/11/READLN.11")
    Unable to Unlink [bg1npc/backup/11/READLN.11.TEXT]: Unix.Unix_error(20, "unlink", "bg1npc/backup/11/READLN.11.TEXT")
    BG1NPC.TP2 0 0 Installed ~The BG1 NPC Project: Required Modifications~
    BG1NPC.TP2 0 1 Installed ~The BG1 NPC Project: Banters, Quests, and Interjections~
    BG1NPC.TP2 0 10 Installed ~The BG1 NPC Project: Branwen's Romance Core (teen content)~
    ERROR: Sys_error("BG1NPC/LIB/macro_tutu_items_to_bgt.tph: No such file or directory")

The problem only occurs with Ajantis and Coran romances so far- Branwen installed as intended
    edited April 2014
    @Val This is the same problem I had, solved by this:

For those who were having trouble getting the Dynaheir and Ajantis components installed - it looks as though the latest version from github is missing a macro that maps tutu item codes to those used in BGT (which, from what I can see, is what the isntaller thinks BGEE is most of the time, since they're far more similar). the file in question is macro_tutu_items_to_bgt.tph. I ran over its contents and checked in nearinfinity, and the BGT item codes listed in it seem to match those that BGEE uses... So I copied it from the old version of BG1NPC that's still on gibberlings and dumped it in the bg1npc/lib folder where it was expected, and both components installed just fine. I attached a copy of the macro in question for those who can't be bothered pulling it out of the old bg1npc installer... good luck!

Thank you very much. It worked. Off to try it out!

*sends love and wishes for a great day to all who helped*
  • ThalamondThalamond Member Posts: 108
    edited April 2014
    When trying to install I get:
    [C:\Program Files (x86)\BeamDog\Games\00766\setup-bg1npc.exe] WeiDU version 2360

[BG1NPC.TP2] LEXER ERROR at line 6503 column 1-0
    Near Text:
    unterminated comment

[BG1NPC.TP2] ERROR at line 6503 column 1-0
    Near Text:
    Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: parsing [BG1NPC.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error
    ERROR: problem parsing TP file [BG1NPC.TP2]: Parsing.Parse_error

FATAL ERROR: Parsing.Parse_error

Press ENTER to exit.

I must have put something in a wrong place, but have no idea what it is.

EDIT: Oh it must be the WEIDU version, I'll check.

EDIT2: I had already installed the newest WEIDU, but it didn't fix anything - not even when I redownloaded it.
    Post edited by Thalamond on
  • AstroBryGuyAstroBryGuy Member Posts: 3,437
    @Thalamond‌ - Looks like you're using the current version of BG1NPC on GitHub. The .tp2 file there won't install due to some errors. Some people have been using a older .tp2 file posted on the forum.

http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/comment/482759/#Comment_482759
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    edited April 2014
    @AstroBryGuy seem like you are really good dealing with this file, any chance that you will take on yourself to make an update version of this mod with all the correct fix ?
    edited April 2014
    And where is this "older file" I can't seem to find it :(. Not in the link you provided that is. You guys have to understand that some of us aren't really experienced in BG modding. These install instructions made no sense to me as I don't understand what I have to do with this macro, and I don't even know where the macro is.

EDIT: oh well. I guess Ill just skip this until a full release. Vague guides to installation is too annoying for me I'm sorry. When a full release is out I will come back and give due credit for the amazing work this mod is (I played it on the old BG, where it worked flawlessly for me).
  • BubbleboyBubbleboy Member Posts: 68
    edited April 2014
    Sjerrie said:

Hmm it almost looks like a few .BIF files are missing... But I do notice that it says v23100, while the most recent WeiDU i know of is v23600. It's not a bad idea to try again with that.

Where do you get the newest version? The one i get from http://www.weidu.org/main.html#weidu and
    http://www.weidu.org/~thebigg/ all say they are 236 but the debug log says 23100
    I have the same problem as Val, and none of the files seem to help.

Cant seem to attach the debug file so here it is.
    https://www.mediafire.com/?yr712yhtfduy2b3
    @Bubbleboy I'm not sure where I got the recent version to be honest. The way WeiDU works is that when you have multiple WeiDU-mods ready to install in your game folder, and you run one, it updates *all* WeiDU .exe files with the most recent from among *all* those present. Another way to double check what version you have is to look at the prompt screen when running an install. The version number should be in the very first line.
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    @‌Bubbleboy : if it says v23100, then the installer was not updated.
    Downloading and copying the newest weidu.exe in the game folder is not enough.

As I wrote, you have to erase the original setup-bg1npc.exe and copy the weidu.exe from the latest archive under that name, in the game folder (where the original setup-bg1npc.exe was) in order to update the installer to the latest version of WeiDU.
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Like Isaya says, just having the weidu.exe in the install directory doesn't help - it has to be renamed to replace the installer exe file of the mod you are installing. Think of every weidu mod as coming with its own copy of weidu.exe, but renamed for that particular mod.

Obviously this means that some older mods will come with an older version of weidu that is sometimes adequate for installing that mod, and sometimes in need of updating.
  • BubbleboyBubbleboy Member Posts: 68
    Thanks that was the problem, i didn't know the setup-bg1npc.exe was basically weidu.exe but renamed.
    It installed now.
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    There seems to be some bug fixing going on, is anyone gathering all that up into a cleaner install?
    Wow @Shin - Thank you so much! Finally even technical mediocres like myself can play the mod again!
  • ShinShin Member Posts: 2,345
    Ah, damn, I didn't know someone else was on it already. Still, with two options available something good should come out of it all.
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    Have I told you that you're awesome? Both of you. ALL of you. You're awesome!

Onwards, to testing, then. That's actually a great coincidence since I've started a new run yesterday, I'll loose just a few hours of playing after I restart it.
    And now I'm beginning to think about BG(EE) NPC and new EE content, meaning, new potential party members. It's been teen years since I last touched any BG-related code and meh, so I hope that somebody more up-to-date with things will get the same idea :D

Again, Thank You +5 to all people who are trying to make this mod work!
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    edited April 2014
    @AstroBryGuy: A question about your version - I noticed that Drizzt's creature file is in the BG1NPC override directory, can I replace it with @CoM_Solaufein's tweaked .CRE (http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/13355/mod-drizzt-tweak)?
    @shawne - Yes, it should be fine to replace DRIZZT.CRE. The TeamBG tweaked Drizzt has the same script and dialog references, so it should work. Don't replace the *other* Drizzt, though!

BG1NPC has second copy of Drizzt, called X#DRIZZT.CRE. This Drizzt appears in connection with a quest for Dynaheir, but he has his own dialog file. So, if you replace both Drizzts, X#DRIZZT will have the wrong dialog file. Note: X#DRIZZT won't appear if you kill the other Drizzt.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    edited April 2014
    @Shin & @AstroBryGuy Thank you, thank you for this real nice updates. going to install the new file and test it :)
  • winterswinters Member Posts: 252
    Ooookay, so currently I'm in Chapter 3 using @AstroBryGuy's version and for now everything is working perfectly. All the components were installed (some with warnings though) and if I die of sleep deprivation it's going to be your fault, ha.
    @winters - Glad to hear it!
This discussion has been closed.