Skip to content

THE GAME IS NOW AVAILABLE!

DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
Read more about it on BaldursGate.com or here. And if you haven't done so already, be sure to buy your copy from the Google Play Store!

Thank you to everyone who participated in the Road to Android. Enjoy the game!
CrevsDaakTroodon80diggerbJonelethIrenicusAristeueinAdulAristilliusJuliusBorisovDice42RavuletkaguanaDarksheerAniosNecdilzorDereck3o3dragonladyEkyelka

Comments

• etotheoetotheo Member Posts: 61
    Done and done. Thanks for all the hard work to those involved in bringing this great game to Android!
    AristilliusDarksheer
  • sepottersepotter Member Posts: 367
    My thanks to everyone at beamdog who made this happen, it was my pleasure to participate in the beta tests, and I would gladly help again in any way I can.
  • DargnonDargnon Member Posts: 31
    Great news! Hopefully the game will be as good on Android as it is on PC. You have taken your time, but its not easy at all to support so many platforms.
  • DelicieuxzDelicieuxz Member Posts: 6
    edited April 2014
    Cool, been waiting for the Android port for a long time.

Is it in any way possible to move saves from the Steam PC version to the Android?

And which content is changed to paid DLC in the Android version?
  • FlozemFlozem Member Posts: 9
    edited April 2014
    I've been waiting for this release for two years now. Bought it this morning - here's hoping for a quick release of BG2 on Android.

Glad to see custom portraits are working with the Android release.

@Delicieuxz:
    Since the save folder is in the same location as my portraits folder, you could try copying your save files to the "Android/data/com.beamdog.baldursgateenhamcededition/files/save" folder on your device. The saves look identical to the Original BG save files.
    Aristillius
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605

And which content is changed to paid DLC in the Android version?

Neera and Dorn are $2.70 each, and the portrait pack and voice pack are $1.80 each. So base game + DLC = $18.99.
  • MoravenMoraven Member Posts: 8
    edited April 2014
    Have written the first experience report to the german Play Store.
    One Star out of five:

Läuft auf dem Nexus 10 unerträglich langsam
    Wenige Sekunden nach Spielstart wird es auf dem Nexus 10 deutlich langsamer. Charaktere bewegen sich vielleicht noch halb so schnell. Aufgrund der weiten Distanzen die im Spiel zurückgelegt werden müssen ist es so kaum noch spielbar. Obwohl dieser Fehler seit Wochen bekannt ist, wurde das Spiel veröffentlicht.Gleichzeitig gibt es hier im Play Store keinen Hinweis zu diesem schwerwiegenden Problem. Stattdessen wird damit geworben, dass Baldurs Gate auf jedem Android Gerät mit Android 4.0 oder höher und einem Screen von 5 Zoll oder größer spielbar ist.

If you are interested in a better rating, just fix the problem.
  • LcacdriverLcacdriver Member Posts: 41
    Moraven said:

Have written the first experience report to the german Play Store.
    One Star out of five:

Läuft auf dem Nexus 10 unerträglich langsam
    Wenige Sekunden nach Spielstart wird es auf dem Nexus 10 deutlich langsamer. Charaktere bewegen sich vielleicht noch halb so schnell. Aufgrund der weiten Distanzen die im Spiel zurückgelegt werden müssen ist es so kaum noch spielbar. Obwohl dieser Fehler seit Wochen bekannt ist, wurde das Spiel veröffentlicht.Gleichzeitig gibt es hier im Play Store keinen Hinweis zu diesem schwerwiegenden Problem. Stattdessen wird damit geworben, dass Baldurs Gate auf jedem Android Gerät mit Android 4.0 oder höher und einem Screen von 5 Zoll oder größer spielbar ist.

If you are interested in a better rating, just fix the problem.

The devs can't optimize for EVERY device...Seems to me the problem is your device...the Nexus 10 is woefully inadequate. And anyway, it runs right? So you have twice the play time we all have for the same low price...

aqzina
  • RonnaannRonnaann Member Posts: 48
    I've been playing on the Samsung S3 since it came out.
    It plays awesome! great to be able to play BG on the move.
    Thanks for a wonderful job Beamdog!
    edited April 2014
    Loub said:

I don't know how bitching about that here is going to fix the problem. Doubly so since that is in German and you posted on the English part of the forum.
    Furthermore, I honestly doubt any of the developers actually speak German, so your post is even more nonplussing than what I initially observed.

Beamdog is selling the game in the german play store with a german description, so they should be able to read german comments.
    Furthermore there is a service called google translate.

but no problem, i can translate the main argument of my report:

The game is running terribly slow on Nexus 10 devices.
    This bug is known for several weeks but there is NO HINT in the descrption of the game.
    Furthermore Beamdog does promotion with the following sentence:
    "Baldur's Gate: Enhanced Edition for Android is built to run on ANY device running Android 4.0 or later, with a 5" or larger screen."
    In fact, on nexus 10 devices its not running, its crawling.

So i paid 9€ for a game which i cant play and im not able to give it back, cause 15min is not enough time to even download the gamedata.

---> 1 Star out of 5 !
  • atomicsnowmanatomicsnowman Member Posts: 31
    The devs can't optimize for EVERY device...Seems to me the problem is your device...the Nexus 10 is woefully inadequate. And anyway, it runs right? So you have twice the play time we all have for the same low price...

I've play tested on my N10 throughout the whole process and the release version is as slow as the first release in beta. I bought the tablet not long after the game was announced, but I'm still happy to play it, even if it's a slug. I do feel that it's a bit disingenuous to feature the N10 on the web page though, since they know it runs like crap on it.
  • IrrwitzerIrrwitzer Member Posts: 2
    Hi, great to have BG finally on Android.

Me and my girlfriend directly bought the game. She plays on Samsung Galaxy S2, I play on Galaxy Tab 2. When starting the game, my Version downloaded a small update leaving her with Version 1.3.1220 and me with 1.3.1224

Now we tryed to start a session. When searching normally, we didn`t find our games. When trying to connect via direct IP, we found each other, but could not connect due to different versions. However, in the app store it said cross platform multiplayer. Is this a known issue which will be solved within the near future? Or are we missing something?

Thanks in advance
  • DeeDee Member Posts: 10,447
    Yep, we should have that fixed soon. The displayed version numbers are going to be different because those are selected based on your device, which currently causes a problem when the game tries to connect them (because the version number is the first thing it looks for).

Incidentally, that's also the reason I asked @Moraven‌ what version number is displayed.
    jackjackJuliusBorisov
  • IrrwitzerIrrwitzer Member Posts: 2
    Cool and thanks for the quick reply! Otherwise the game looks really great (though texts are a bit hard too read on my girlfriends Galaxy S2)!
    @Dee
    I'm on v1.3.1226
    Have done a fresh install after the Game is gone from beta into Market.
  • MatthewMatthew Member Posts: 21
    Huzzah! Works great on my Sony S Tablet! A long time coming, but seems to have been worth it!
    I'm on version 1.3.1226.
    Dee said:

Yep, we should have that fixed soon. The displayed version numbers are going to be different because those are selected based on your device, which currently causes a problem when the game tries to connect them (because the version number is the first thing it looks for).

Incidentally, that's also the reason I asked @Moraven‌ what version number is displayed.

And for what it's worth, even though the game runs slow the interface works perfectly. 5 star review from me in the Google Play marketplace. :)

• InvigiliusInvigilius Member Posts: 3
    First of all, thanks for the great product you have made.

Still, I want to report that the characters are neither interacting with each other nor with they main character. I don't know if this is a bug or a feature.

Regards
  • badgercdbadgercd Member Posts: 6
    Super stoked to be playing BG on my tablet. Thanks guys for this.

Any way to get mods to work on an android device? If not, is this something that will be developed, either as an override or as paid for dlc?

Thanks.
  • MatthewMatthew Member Posts: 21
    Quick note. Japanese language version is missing a character at the end of each line, so for example:

。。。 くだ
    い 。。。

... which should read:

。。 くださ
    い 。。。
    Garyou_Tensei
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    Tagging @AndreaColombo‌ about the Japanese language issue.
    AndreaColombo
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    badgercd said:

Super stoked to be playing BG on my tablet. Thanks guys for this.

Any way to get mods to work on an android device? If not, is this something that will be developed, either as an override or as paid for dlc?

Thanks.

Mods that just involve the override folder work just fine, see this thread for me info: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/31547/modding
    jackjack
  • FlozemFlozem Member Posts: 9
    Been playing up to Nashkel mines on my Nexus7 2011. My companions are bantering - Khalid asking Xzar to try and act less evil... Plays superbly.

Only one problem so far: I cannot enter the door to Joia's house at the Friendly Arm Inn... I can open the door, but the transition is hidden behind the door trigger. So instead of entering, I keep closing the door.

• Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    @Flozem, this was noted on the Google community page, the last reply was that there might be an improvement incoming for that. :-)
  • IsayaIsaya Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 752
    @Flozem It's not impossible to get in, although it can prove difficult. I manage to get in after several tries each time. I'm using a 10" Xperia Z, so maybe it's a bit easier or it depends on the tablet sensitivity.

@Troodon80 I'm afraid the fix may require to start a new game. When the problem was mentionned, I tried with a save game taken from the PC and entering the place was working all the time. When I try a new Android game, I have problems. A fix may not work on existing save.
    Troodon80
  • AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    @Matthew - It is a known issue that unfortunately affects the Japanese translation on all platforms. Our programmers have been made aware and we hope to have it fixed in our next update.

@Troodon80 - Thanks for the namedrop!