Skip to content

Easter is coming! Why don't we celebrate by sharing Easter Eggs. Maybe we've missed a few?

13»

Comments

• SirK8SirK8 Member Posts: 527
    So I used the customize button in game and changed my portrait to Jaheira's before going to the FAI, and guess what....

I'm going to feel silly when it turns out that everyone knows about this but me.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    simples said:

are there any consequences to who you inscribe? because afaik it didn't affect my game at all

I never played Dorn's quest, I found that when revising the DLG files and used my ToB saved game to get there. But anyway it does not influence in anything, game-wise, but, man, it makes me feel so good knowing that now Tyr's paladins are going after Noober! Look what good you can do by not killing him in the first game :P
  • DrHappyAngryDrHappyAngry Member Posts: 1,577
    simples said:

are there any consequences to who you inscribe? because afaik it didn't affect my game at all

If you inscribe names of other Bhaalspawn you haven't fought yet, a Planetar will show up while you fight them and attack them.
  • LiamEslerLiamEsler Member Posts: 1,859
    @bengoshi Heh, I was talking to @Dee and it made me homesick ;) Good timing, though!
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    There is also obviously the Root of the Problem. Which existed as a file in the original game but for whatever reason was never implemented in it (or in BGEE for that matter).
  • TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,264
    SionIV said:

elminster said:

There is also obviously the Root of the Problem. Which existed as a file in the original game but for whatever reason was never implemented in it (or in BGEE for that matter).

The club you get from the druid stronghold in BG2 is named 'The Root of the Problem'. Is it the same?
    @SionIV Yes it is.
    Tresset said:

SionIV said:

elminster said:

The club you get from the druid stronghold in BG2 is named 'The Root of the Problem'. Is it the same?
    @SionIV Yes it is.
    Yes and no. Its the same file name but the one in BGEE doesn't do acid damage but the one in BG2EE does.
    edited April 2014
    CrevsDaak said:

The Fish+2 is the best club in BG:EE, in my game I gave it to the fishers that want Tanya dead so they give it to me as a reward. I might make a complete rework of the dlg for a mod maybe.

We have a winner. That would be a perfect reward for helping the fisherman :D

(or to pick up after you kill them...whatever works)
    Apparently if Rasaad is not in your party and he helps you fight either Nimbul or Neira he will approach you after the fight and politely suggest that you not fight in the streets... I wonder why that never happened to me before... Oh wait, I bet it only happens if you haven't talked to him before then.
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    @elminster‌ those were introduced in ToB to be used with the Big Metal Rod, but you only get the Scorcher and Frag Grenade Ammunition.
    There is a bug in BG2:EE that makes Ice Rays look like Fire Rays if you want to report this...
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    elminster said:

DarkExcalibur42 on steam pointed out a bunch of hidden item files.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/228280/discussions/0/648814844089221427/

My personal favourite is the Mr. Freeze Death Ray (frosty.itm). Its a bolt that does 2d12 cold damage.

Super effective against Ubtao when combined with cheesy puns
    CrevsDaak said:

There is a bug in BG2:EE that makes Ice Rays look like Fire Rays if you want to report this...

@elminster I'll report this one.
  • Eadwyn_G8keeperEadwyn_G8keeper Member Posts: 541
    A kinda hilarious encounter with Biff the Understudy can be arranged in BG1. Drop Khalid off at the Tavern where Volo is found in Nashkel before doing Minsc's Quest [I had also stashed Imoen with Joseph's Wife- helping her through her grief].

After returning my plan was to reunite Jaheira and Khalid but disband both of them so they could pursue investigations about Tazok and the Bandits through their Harper connections in the Cloakwoods. It was really funny sending Jaheira into the Tavern and discovering that Biff the Understudy had taken her place after imagining such a dramatic reunion fraught with peril, big news and the cloak of secrecy.

She actually thought for a second that Khalid was finally coming out of the closet!!