Skip to content

Favorite Fighter Class v.2

ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
Hey guys, I cleared it with Dee, and the poll series is coming back! There'll be a weekly installment, likely on Sunday or Monday, so enjoy ten weeks of class polls!

This is the first of a series of polls showing what everyone's favorite classes and kits are. There will be ten polls, one for each of the standard classes. Barbarian will be placed in the fighter quiz because it has no kits, so there'd be no poll if it wasn't with the other fighters. This poll is to show personal preference, and not to say what is the strongest kit. That said, feel free to debate to your heart's content in the comments!
  1. Favorite Fighter Class v.291 votes
    1. Fighter: Simple and strong, nothin' to 'em.
      10.99%
    2. Berserker: Ragh! Smash!
      27.47%
    3. Wizard Slayer: For those guys who hate mages, but don't have a pole in their nethers.
      13.19%
    4. Kensai: A mage's favorite friend for dual-classing.
      14.29%
    5. Dwarven Defender: Dwarven might at it's finest.
        9.89%
    6. Barbarian: Faster Ragh! Smash!
      13.19%
    7. Just show me the results.
      10.99%

Comments

• smeagolheartsmeagolheart Member Posts: 7,963
    Zerker. Powerful, defensive, versatile.
  • OneAngryMushroomOneAngryMushroom Member Posts: 564
    historically the berzerkers would have kicked the barbarians butts.
  • NonnahswriterNonnahswriter Member Posts: 2,520
    Because flavor! So much flavor!! :D
  • mumumomomumumomo Member Posts: 635
    I voted for berserker for mechanicals purpose.
    Anyway i find the fighter and his kits to be boring gameplay-wise with so little options.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    Who can drink more skullcrasher?
  • CorvinoCorvino Member Posts: 2,269
    I honestly never knew Wizard Slayers were as popular as this survey seems to suggest. Their fluff is nice but they're horribly implemented.
  • mumumomomumumomo Member Posts: 635
    From a mechanical point of view, i would rate :

For BGEE
    Top tier: barbarian, berserker (rage means autowin against mages)
    Mid tier : dwarven defender (AC is a sufficient protection in BGEE), fighter
    Bottom tier : kensai, wizard slayer

For BG2EE / TOB
    Top tier: barbarian, berserker, dwarven defender
    Mid tier : fighter, kensai
    Bottom tier : wizard slayer

• jacobtanjacobtan Member Posts: 655
    edited May 2014
    I like to imagine my PC as an unarmored warrior who is strong but does not fight in the traditional manner as shown in medieval fantasy shows. In combat, he makes graceful leaps, spins and does splits in the air, twirls his weapons, strikes with amazing speed and precision, and all that. Somewhat like... the male version of River Tam (for Firefly fans) with more "balletic" moves.

Only the kensai fits in this imagined picture of my PC ^_^
  • GreenWarlockGreenWarlock Member Posts: 1,354
    I would have been interested in 'dual' and 'multi' options, as my preferred fighter is a dual - although even then there are two options, dual out of fighter, or dual back in (I am on a kick for Druid -> Fighter dual at the moment).
  • Balrog99Balrog99 Member Posts: 7,367
    Kensai is the most fun, although not for soloing unless you're going to dual at some point. Kensai dualed to thief is a blast at high levels (dual to mage is pretty fun, too).