9490 - Priest of Oghma 2 - Priest of Oghma

9458 - Number of Attacks - Attacks/Round

10351 - [...] May [...] - [...] Mirtul [...]

10386 - [...] Ragefast [...] - [...] Ramazith [...]
Post edited by kangaxx on

Comments

• AndreaColomboAndreaColombo Member Posts: 5,524
    edited August 2012
    @CameronTofer - would changing "Watcher 2" to "Watcher" or "Priest of Oghma X" to "Priest of Oghma" affect gameplay o game mechanics in any way? If not, is it safe to assume that I can make the change no problem?
    My team is also in need of some clarifications concerning the following strings:

5748 - "I'm just a thief. Sorry, but I don't have much to tell."

Do you remember who's saying this? The Italian string was originally translated as though the speaker was a female, and I need confirmation.

5198 to 5218 - Spoken lines marked as "The voice"

Who is "the voice" exactly, and when is it heard ingame?
  • kangaxxkangaxx Member Posts: 681
    @AndreaColombo

5748: I cannot recall who is saying this, but can confirm that it is male for our original german translation and our text patch.
    AndreaColombo
    As for the voice, you could check the .wav using Near Infinity. Don't have it here right now.
    McGollum
  • CameronToferCameronTofer Administrator, Developer Posts: 279
    9446 - I can't find where it's used so I'm not sure if we can change it or not. I need to ask for help to do a more thorough search.
  • cherrycoke2lcherrycoke2l Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 1,085
    For easier access – strings I've already posted in the Team leaders' conversation:

167 – Nathen - Nathan (the strings are inconsistent about the name)
    13140 2488DR - -2488DR (there should be a minus before the year)
    13171 - Mieyritar - Miyeritar
    633 - Rasheman - Rashemen
    633 - wychalarn – wychlaran
  • MedillenMedillen Member Posts: 632

5748 - "I'm just a thief. Sorry, but I don't have much to tell."

Do you remember who's saying this? The Italian string was originally translated as though the speaker was a female, and I need confirmation.

@AndreaColombo I have a hunch it's a member of the thief guild in Baldur in the shady building, near the mage. Maybe you can ask the community about it, there was a quote thread and some people really knew what every people said. Or you could ask someone to check in the VO version. There are certainly people replaying the game out there...

edited August 2012
    My team member has checked book facts in Baldur's Gate which seem to be a little different to what FR Wikia says. This doesn't seem very important, but a name and date have been messed up. This might have something to do with Editions (perhaps history was somehow altered in 3ed?). I'd like to know if you think such things should be changed. So, here we go:

Original string: His descendants did not share his wisdom, and in 1053 (…) so his brother Seltarir was crowned King.

Suggested string: His descendants did not share his wisdom, and in 1023 (…) so his brother Hedgita was crowned King.

source: http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/1023_DR#cite_note-GHR-0

_______

Besides typo in 7287:

original string: Wyernwater

suggested change: Wyvernwater

Edit: since some heavier changes might be necessary in 7286, I'm posting the entire suggested string:

"History of Estagund:

Estagund history follows a different path than those of Durpar and Var. The Gunders were conquered in 551 DR by Reinhar I, warchief of the Arkaiuns of Dambrath. It regained its independence when Reinhar was slain by the Halruan archmage Mycontil, though the country soon degenerated into a group of small independent city states.

Skirmishes with Var, and between the city-states, continued for several centuries until a king once again united the country. King Bornial was a skilled ruler, and under him Estagund began to prosper. His descendants did not share his wisdom, and in 1023 DR, King Selkarin more than illustrated this. He had failed to conquer Durpar, and Veldorn resisted his challenges. An avowed misogynist, Selkarin turned his attentions to the matriarchy of Dambrath. He led a large fleet to attack Dambrath, taking extreme losses, including his own life. Selkarin died childless, so his brother Hedgita was crowned King. The new ruler faced a country with most of its fighting men gone, and an unforeseen problem: famine. The famine was caused by a blight that wiped out nearly all the year's crops in Estagund. This made him eager for a deal posed by the Durparian merchant Jeradeem Seltarir, and in a legendary trade the entire country of Estagund was sold. Contrary to popular rumor, Hedgita did not trade away the country for 24 pearls. In actuality he received diamonds worth almost a million gold pieces. The sudden wealth gave him an instant seat on the council of merchants, so he retained a measure of rule in addition to his fortune. Chaka Hedgita is still the richest chaka in Estagund to this day. In the years that followed, the Gunders began rebuilding their lives under their new circumstance, and now they compete on equal footing with the merchants of Durpar and Var."

http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/1023_DR#cite_note-GHR-0
    http://forgottenrealms.wikia.com/wiki/1026_DR
    kangaxxAndreaColombo
    edited August 2012
    @kangaxx - I've been told by a 100% reliable source that string 5748 is spoken by Alora when charmed. Since it is impossible to speak with charmed creatures at present, the string never shows up ingame. Should the bug be addressed, the string should be feminine.

@cherrycoke2l - could you please highlight the parts of the History of Estagund that were changed? I must notify every change I make to the English text to Dave Gross.
    edited August 2012
    @AndreaColombo

I hope bbcode or something like that works on the forums :P

Edit: appears it doesn't. Is there any way I could bold changed parts?

"History of Estagund:

Estagund history follows a different path than those of Durpar and Var. The Gunders were conquered in 551 DR by Reinhar I, warchief of the Arkaiuns of Dambrath. It regained its independence when Reinhar was slain by the Halruan archmage Mycontil, though the country soon degenerated into a group of small independent city states.

Skirmishes with Var, and between the city-states, continued for several centuries until a king once again united the country. King Bornial was a skilled ruler, and under him Estagund began to prosper. His descendants did not share his wisdom, and in 1023 DR, King Selkarin more than illustrated this. He had failed to conquer Durpar, and Veldorn resisted his challenges. An avowed misogynist, Selkarin turned his attentions to the matriarchy of Dambrath. He led a large fleet to attack Dambrath, taking extreme losses, including his own life. Selkarin died childless, so his brother Hedgita was crowned King. The new ruler faced a country with most of its fighting men gone, and an unforeseen problem: famine. The famine was caused by a blight that wiped out nearly all the year's crops in Estagund. This made him eager for a deal posed by the Durparian merchant Jeradeem Seltarir, and in a legendary trade the entire country of Estagund was sold. Contrary to popular rumor, Hedgita did not trade away the country for 24 pearls. In actuality he received diamonds worth almost a million gold pieces. The sudden wealth gave him an instant seat on the council of merchants, so he retained a measure of rule in addition to his fortune. Chaka Hedgita is still the richest chaka in Estagund to this day. In the years that followed, the Gunders began rebuilding their lives under their new circumstance, and now they compete on equal footing with the merchants of Durpar and Var."
    edited August 2012
    @cherrycoke2l - you can use HTML code :) To make things bold, use < b>< /b>.
    @AndreaColombo I'd rather use < u> because of readability...
    Strings: 7096, 7097, 7098 (they seem identical)

Original string: Halruuan
    Suggested change: Halruan – this form is repeated in other places, but since the realm's name is Halruaa perhaps form 'Halruaan' might be correct too?
  • TanthalasTanthalas Member Posts: 6,738
    I think halruaan is the proper spelling.
    McGollum
    It is indeed Halruaan (capitalized) according to the FR Wikia (read through the text to find more than one instance of "Halruaan").
    McGollum
  • KyonKyon Member Posts: 128
    In ID 59 : Just follow me, I'll take you to Flaming Fist compound. The Grand Duke is waiting us. I saw somewhere the compound is capitalized but in original text it's small . Which one is true ?
    13140, 7282 – these should be identical. I earlier pointed out mistake with year -2488 at 13140, but it wasn't corrected in 7282. Apart from that, in the last sentence:

Zaakhara => Zakhara
    edited August 2012
    22633 - Selûne's Blessing - Selune's Blessing
    22634 - Selûne's Curse - Selune's Curse
    22637 to 22640 - Selûne's Blade - Selune's Blade

EDIT: Never mind. If I got it right, it should be Selûne.
    "û" = "û" ? Please confirm.
    KyonAndreaColombo
    Its actually Selûne.
    cherrycoke2lKyon
    In string 14423 Dynaheir mentions an "Orthlor". The correct word as per the Forgotten Realms setting should be "Othlor".
    kangaxxcherrycoke2l
    The tanar'ri is dead. We have come for our reward.

The Tanar'ri is dead. We have come for our reward.
    @kangaxx
    I'm not sure if Tanar'ri should be capitilized in that example.
    @kangaxx - actually, "tanar'ri" is a common noun, like "baatezu", and should therefore be lowercase.
    kangaxxcherrycoke2lKyon
    edited August 2012
    Compass Wardstone

Suggestion: A symbolic compass has been scratched on this stone.

Annotation: ID 22218 is Compass Wardstone, whereas its description is ID 22219.

Same for Bone Wardstone (IDs 22220, 22221)
    edited August 2012
    I will summon @Dave to check on this one, as any addition to the original text should be done by him he -- it should be he who writes any additional line to the original text :D
  • DaveDave Member Posts: 200
    @kangaxx @AndreaColombo Is the same true of the Bone Wardstone ID 22220 & 22221?
    @Dave: Yes, 22220 is item name — 22221 its description.

Suggestion for 22221: "This stone feels like bone and oddly warm to the touch."
    Detect Illusions

in BG ToB it used to be Detect Illusions. Shall I change German string to plural?
    edited August 2012
    Mastery: At this level the character receives +3 to hit, +3 to damage and an extra 1/2 attack per round with the selected weapon.

It should be:

Mastery: At this level the character receives +2 to hit, +2 to damage and an extra 1/2 attack per round with the selected weapon.

EDIT: Ok, I see that the AD&D rules have changed.
    McGollum
    @kangaxx - the weapon specialization bonuses are now the same as they used to be in vBG1 (minus the extra 1/2 attack granted by Grand Mastery, which is currently pending). The English description was altered to reflect that.

You are correct about "Detect Illusion": Apparently it should be singular. I shall fix it in the English text.