Skip to content

Custom PC & NPC Portraits

Comments

• SharGuidesMyHandSharGuidesMyHand Member Posts: 2,579
    edited March 2014
    Heindrich said:

Wow, I wish I'd come across that portrait back when I was first making my female archer/ranger character.
    CrevsDaak
  • HeindrichHeindrich Member, Moderator Posts: 2,959
    edited March 2014
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    edited March 2014
    @Heindrich‌

Unless I am mistaken I believe that the portrait is of Sun Shang Xiang of Wu, yes?
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    @Isandir , any new magical photos to toss our way yet? :)
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    I am looking for a small portrait for a minor character in my mod. http://www.baldursgatemods.com/forums/index.php?topic=5172.0 Charsi is a female human who is a blacksmith that forges/upgrades weapons and armor in my mod. I need to find a suitable portrait for her. The one I currently have is good but seems grainy and is something that wouldn't look that great in the polished BG2EE game. Prerequisite that she is wearing armor and has blond hair. Any suggestions?
    jackjackCrevsDaakElrandir
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    @CoM_Solaufein‌ Nice reference to Diablo. ;)
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    Indeed.
    She doesn't upgrade weapons to be hackmasters like Diablo does.
    jackjack
  • ScotGaymerScotGaymer Member Posts: 526
    edited April 2014
    All these awesome portraits make me wish I had any artistic talent whatsoever lol. I'd love to get Tanis redone aka my avatar to make him "fit" a bit more with the Baldur's Gate npcs.

Alas, for I have none.

:(
    Elrandir
  • ApocryphaApocrypha Member Posts: 105
    edited May 2014
    Well, I did just finish doing one of my bards, assembled from several images found on Google:
    The only thing I'm not happy about is the lighting--her hair has way more than the rest of her--which I'll probably go back and edit later when I have more time.

Also, is there someone who could find some druid-ish looking armor and paint it onto this guy? Or at least give me a picture, I could probably edit it myself.
  • SanctiferSanctifer Member Posts: 104
    edited May 2014

A deviantart artist named FTG386 (Lisa) redid my profile photo into a portrait at the beginning of 2013. It played through and it really does immerse you into the game when your own portrait blends so well with others.

I do have a request... I was hoping to play as evil and wondering if anyone could tweak the original or portrait?

Something like this ?

imageimage
    Post edited by Sanctifer on
    jackjackSuperFeature
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    edited May 2014
    Apocrypha said:

Also, is there someone who could find some druid-ish looking armor and paint it onto this guy? Or at least give me a picture, I could probably edit it myself.

there was one, (maybe more) portraits done with this pic a while back, though i dont remember who did it. @Isandir‌ are you still around? i think it may have been you. it was probably in the old thread.
    jackjack
  • SuperFeatureSuperFeature Member Posts: 35
    @Sanctifer Looks great thanks a lot!
  • SanctiferSanctifer Member Posts: 104
    edited May 2014

@Sanctifer Looks great thanks a lot!

You're welcome :)

@Apocrypha
    meagloth said:

Apocrypha said:

there was one, (maybe more) portraits done with this pic a while back, though i dont remember who did it. @Isandir‌ are you still around? i think it may have been you. it was probably in the old thread.

Yep, he made this one for a mod :
    http://isandir.com/bardo/
    Post edited by Sanctifer on
    jackjackTola_ZagniyQuartzStarflower2525
  • Fina92Fina92 Member Posts: 284
    Someone should SO make this into a wild mage portrait!! She looks super confused about maybe turning her hair orange?? Could be a fun pic if anyone feels up to it :)
    ElrandirlolienTola_Zagniy
  • Tola_ZagniyTola_Zagniy Member Posts: 26
    edited May 2014
    Oh and before I forget - we also need a translator. I have very poor English = (Speaking of text - criticism is welcomed. (In the worst case we get a fully voiced game character, at best - NPC companion)
    Post edited by Tola_Zagniy on
    Archive with the portrait.
    @Tola_Zagniy That is excellent. Not enough 'rough' looking characters out there! #talentloadedthread
    jackjackCrevsDaak
    edited May 2014
    SuperFeature (and guys who find it is interesting of course) thanks! After the break, I see that the image is a little more blurry than the original arts, so that there is still cause for further work =). (its alignment "chaotic good", although it does not make it a positive character)))))
    Yes, this portrait it's my work (as well as a new version of "Helm of Vhailor" or art on my page). And "no I do not mind" if they are here and will be used by anyone who wants it. =)
    ElrandirjackjacklolienJuliusBorisov
    When the portraits blend with the original set so well, it really help immerse me into the game. I really cannot stand the D&D book cover art portraits that are so numerous out there.

I will definitely be using your portrait at some point. Looking forward to more.
    Tola_ZagniylolienJuliusBorisov
    And will be continued (although now I'm focusing on the concept of art) even this version is not without technical flaws. And I think in the near future, it makes sense to create a department theme for this character.
    lolienJuliusBorisov