Skip to content

Real life spell.

Comments

• lmaoboatlmaoboat Member Posts: 72
    Silence, amirite guys?
    Kharas
  • LadyRhianLadyRhian Member Posts: 14,694

LadyRhian said:

@Immagikman Yes. a Year of Aging per Haste Spell, a Year for a Limited Wish, and 3 Years for a Wish. But then they added Elixirs of Youth and they already had Potions of Longevity, so...

True but then they made it cheesy by eliminating the rarity of the potions, yes they had ways to extend life but to collect the ingredients to make said potions was....some times more dangerous than just living with the age penalty :)
    There was an adventure in Dungeon Magazine with a mage who had discovered a new way to extend his life: A Portrait of Longevity. However, it needed to be touched up every so often (250 years, or 100 years) with special pigments made from the souls of people. Not good. And I don't remember what the potion ingredients needed for a Potion of Longevity/Elixrs of Youth were. I think the DMs could set them for themselves. So you might need the body parts of long-lived things. Dragon scales or elf hair or something. Easier to get the second than the first (Open an Elven Hair Salon!)
    Djimmy said:

Another perfect example of immortality at a price is undeath. A path many archmages actually do take, but you can't actually take in Baldur's Gate.
    Right, becoming a lich would be nice if you are into black magic.

There were also good liches. Baelnorn, they are called. And Harpers can sometimes become Spectral Harpists upon their death.
  • AurenRavidelAurenRavidel Member Posts: 139
    Magic Missile so I could attack the darkness.
    gfm50Paheej
  • RhukRhuk Member Posts: 13
    the save-and-load-spell
    later on in tough situations the improved ones called quicksave and quickload
    and by "later on" i mean on higher levels ofc ... whatever thats supposed to mean^^

now for real: find traps obviously :D
    immagikmanShrimp
  • KharasKharas Member Posts: 150
    Personally I think I will go for Shapechange.. I mean.. come on..

It beats invisibility.. because.. who bothers about a fly in a corner.. so you could.. ahemmm.. look at rooms without any one seeing you.

Get into places where you aint welcome.. maybe even liberate some treasure..

Travel.. no problem.. turn into a hawk and fly instead of taking the train...

All in all I think its the spell that I would prefer to bring to real life :)
    immagikman
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    LadyRhian said:

There was an adventure in Dungeon Magazine with a mage who had discovered a new way to extend his life: A Portrait of Longevity. However, it needed to be touched up every so often (250 years, or 100 years) with special pigments made from the souls of people. Not good. And I don't remember what the potion ingredients needed for a Potion of Longevity/Elixrs of Youth were.

Shades of Dorian Gray :)
  • mercyfulfate1988mercyfulfate1988 Member Posts: 43
    Djimmy
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749
    @mercyfulfate1988 Hahaha, that was hilaroius. The voice of the caster was magically epic. :D
  • ShrimpShrimp Member Posts: 142
    Rhuk said:

the save-and-load-spell
    later on in tough situations the improved ones called quicksave and quickload
    and by "later on" i mean on higher levels ofc ... whatever thats supposed to mean^^

You beat me to it. Everybody knows Power Word: Reload is the best spell in the game !
    DjimmyCrevsDaak
  • neleotheszeneleothesze Member Posts: 231
    If it were just 1 spell I'd pick Time Stop.
    If I could pick a combo then Time Stop + Tenser's Transformation + Improved Haste.
    Mugger: 'Give me your wallet!'
    [5 seconds later]
    Me: 'Mister, oh dear, why are you on the floor bleeding. You should get that checked out. That looks bad.'
    I guess I could reasonably achieve that with just a Time Stop. Maybe if I take up martial arts again. :D
    @neleothesze

You don't need spells, you just need to move to a better neighborhood. :)
    edited August 2012

@neleothesze

@immagikman Haha lol. I live in one of the best neighbourhoods in my city. I just happen to like walking to places and walking to places automatically means travelling through places which may or may not be safe at all hours. Add a Time Stop and no wannabe muggers/rapists/drunks/assorted weirdos would inconvenience me even if I feel like strolling through a park at night :)
    immagikman
  • KholdstareKholdstare Member Posts: 160
    Wail of the Banshee. >_>
    cattlekiller
  • BjjorickBjjorick Member Posts: 1,208

@neleothesze

@immagikman Haha lol. I live in one of the best neighbourhoods in my city. I just happen to like walking to places and walking to places automatically means travelling through places which may or may not be safe at all hours. Add a Time Stop and no wannabe muggers/rapists/drunks/assorted weirdos would inconvenience me even if I feel like strolling through a park at night :)
    mmmm go with a friend. someone who can be there beside you but can also allow you to be alone within yourself even as he/she is with you :)
  • Talin_SilverbaneTalin_Silverbane Member Posts: 34
    Protection from Normal Weapons or Colour Spray. Useful running up to people you dislike and blinding them with rainbows!
  • cattlekillercattlekiller Member Posts: 55
    Charm , and hope my spell level is high enough for me to finish...

Time Stop would be insanely evil spell to have IRL.I cant see how anyone with it could NOT just do EVIL things with it, or maybe I'm just evil.
  • cattlekillercattlekiller Member Posts: 55
    edited August 2012

Wail of the Banshee. >_>

I like it, but if johnny law found out you could do that , you would be stuck in a lab with a muzzle on for people to experiment on you forever.

Really most of these you be put in a lab and pronounced dead in the real world , while they do tests on you 24/7.
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315

Charm , and hope my spell level is high enough for me to finish...

Time Stop would be insanely evil spell to have IRL.I cant see how anyone with it could NOT just do EVIL things with it, or maybe I'm just evil.

You could do some wacky things in those 36 seconds.
  • etaglocetagloc Member Posts: 349

they should really do a voice set with this guy.
    edited August 2012
    Bjjorick said:

@neleothesze

mmmm go with a friend. someone who can be there beside you but can also allow you to be alone within yourself even as he/she is with you :)
    @Bjjorick Don't take me so literally! :)) I've never met a mugger in my life thank God for that :) but it's a big city after all. Being able to get out of tricky situations ( or start tricky situations for others >:D ) is what Time Stop is for.
    Sure, you could select Invisibility but how would that help if you found out your boat had a leak? Hopefully you could chain a few Time Stops to plug the leak before it got serious. Sure you could pick a protection spell if you saw that the bus you're on was going to crash into a truck but you could cast a Time Stop, break open the door, daintily climb down and there, safe from harm.

The only think more powerful than being able to circumvent the rules of time would be to circumvent the rules of space with Teleport. :)

edit: @cattlekiller Haha.. it's funny cause I read your post just after I had already given a few examples ^_^ But yeah, you could cause a lot of havok with it too.
  • Son_of_ImoenSon_of_Imoen Member Posts: 1,806

Sure you could pick a protection spell if you saw that the bus you're on was going to crash into a truck but you could cast a Time Stop, break open the door, daintily climb down and there, safe from harm.

The only think more powerful than being able to circumvent the rules of time would be to circumvent the rules of space with Teleport. :)

It sure would help those other people in the bus more if you teleported the bus to a less dangerous place, than if you'd take your time (stop) to climb out. :)

• MilesBeyondMilesBeyond Member Posts: 324
    Regeneration. I'm assuming it regenerates everything, including cells, so I could just keep casting it on myself and live forever, right?
  • RhukRhuk Member Posts: 13
    for real: find traps would save a lot of lives i guess :(

plus detect evil and several cleansing/fear warding spells

go make those spells REAL!!!...

it would be like terrorising the terrorists ><
  • ShadowlessShadowless Member Posts: 6
    Disintegrate, murder with only dust left behind! I am a wild mage though so it might just make me feebleminded :(
    Rhuk said:

it would be like terrorising the terrorists ><</p>

In the western world Im not sure that is of much use. havent run into many traps in the last 50 years my self.
    Djimmy
  • DjimmyDjimmy Member Posts: 749

Rhuk said:

it would be like terrorising the terrorists ><</p>

In the western world Im not sure that is of much use. havent run into many traps in the last 50 years my self.
    :D Yeah, me neither. If an ambush is considered a trap, then this spell could more useful, and by ambush I mean your parents catching you watching po*n. Just kidding. :)
    immagikman
  • diggerbdiggerb Member Posts: 132
    Simulacrum -- I would send my double to work and stay home and play BG:EE
    immagikman
  • drakerddrakerd Member Posts: 23
    I would have to choose Mindrape from Book of Vile Darkness. Nothing like entering someone elses mind and picking and choosing what they remember and then altering there personality and ideals to your liking! Got that one a$$hat co-worker? MINDRAPE and now he's your best friend who will throw himself in front of a bus for you. Have that one girl in your life that just doesn't quite like you? MINDRAPE now she wants to have your babies! Need some money? Walk up to Bill Gates with a little MINDRAPE and he'll want to donate 50 million to your name! Ohhhh Mindrape, how amazing you are!
  • PhyraxPhyrax Member Posts: 198
    Definitely "Gate": summoning an amazingly powerful daemon to wreck havoc would seen great. Also, if PnP rules apply, you could go to another plane using that spell (NEAT!).
  • MooseChangerPatMooseChangerPat Member Posts: 148
    Oh! How about protection from missile weapons? Make yourself bullet proof!
    Djimmy