Skip to content

What's your favorite race?

Comments

• dstoltzfusdstoltzfus Member Posts: 280
    My favorite class can only be human (thief=>mage) and in role-play, it can be hard to be something like a gnome or halfling for me. I've never been a real fan of elves in fantasy settings. Second place would be half-elf (I have ties to elves, but not by choice and a good avenue for the "outcast"). The prototypical characters are ok (elf/ranger, dwarf/fighter, half-orc/barbarian, etc.), but more so as party members than main characters.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    I don't so much have a 'Favorite race', nor is it specific by class. I have a party of adventurers in mind that I usually play from. I pick one and go from there. There are about 10 or 12 of them total and most of the characters I've played in BG or NWN or just about all of the D&D games have been from amongst that group.
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,486
    @the_spyder, that's an interesting observation. After a month or two of limited activity both on the forums and in-game I'm eager to start adventuring again, but I find myself lacking in inspiration when it comes to developing a new charname. Atm I'm more inclined to go back to Ocker the Skald if I want to play a Bard, to Vallon the Undead Hunter if I want to play a Paladin, etc, until some nice new character concept occurs to me.
  • the_spyderthe_spyder Member Posts: 5,018
    @Blackraven - my party started out as the group I used to play with when I was young. Each character in the core group represented another character at that table. Over the years they have developed and changed over time, and a few more have been added from my own (fertile??) mind, but it is still the same core group.
  • ArdulArdul Member Posts: 211
    edited July 2014
    I like elves the best from a mechanical and aesthetic standpoint, but Viccy won't have it, so I go for half-elves instead.

Edit: Half-elves instead of halv-elves :p
  • DungeonnoobDungeonnoob Member Posts: 315
    But not the LA Clan:P
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    @Quartz‌ Any all one race/class is fun. I did an all dwarf play-through of Black Pits 1. And I plan on having an all bard play-through of IWD1. The idea is that they're a troupe of entertainers. Maybe led by an ex-priest who had a slight problem with stealing his temple's donations. (That way I've got ranged, melee, arcane, and divine.)
  • TarotMasterTarotMaster Member Posts: 147
    AS a fan of IWD 2 not so much BG this is pretty much strait forward. But i love the 30)% resistance to charms part. Where it IWD 2 i would probably choose either a Human or a Half-Elf.
  • RhelnaRhelna Member Posts: 17
    Even when I purposely start creating a new character to play with a non-human, they still always end up as a human.. I just can't help it!
  • MordiscusMordiscus Member Posts: 20
    What happen if a half-elf has a child with another half-elf???
    They gave birth to humans on saturday and then elfs on monday??
    how