Skip to content

Freezed when level up and put point in flail/katana/mace

alekseialeksei Member Posts: 17
edited July 2014 in BGII:EE Bugs (v1.2.2030)
Hi,

My game just freezes when I try to level up. I think maybe was shadowkeeper, because I change some weapon proficiences to Minsc & Korgan. But nope, I try with other save and still freezes. I try deleting the SK save, and nothing happen. I check the forums for related-problems and try windowed mode, and nope.

As its a freeze I dont have a crash log, the only information I have its the windows report:

Descripción:
Este programa dejó de interactuar con Windows por un problema.

Firma con problemas:
Nombre del evento de problema: AppHangB1
Nombre de aplicación: Baldur.exe
Versión de la aplicación: 0.1.0.0
Marca de tiempo de la aplicación: 528e755e
Firma de bloqueo: 99f9
Tipo de bloqueo: 0
Versión del sistema operativo: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Id. de configuración regional: 3082
Firma adicional de bloqueo 1: 99f96bc90065d281ca4141cbebabb64a
Firma adicional de bloqueo 2: 0d06
Firma adicional de bloqueo 3: 0d068064a2933cabefcce1e51882d030
Firma adicional de bloqueo 4: 99f9
Firma adicional de bloqueo 5: 99f96bc90065d281ca4141cbebabb64a
Firma adicional de bloqueo 6: 0d06
Firma adicional de bloqueo 7: 0d068064a2933cabefcce1e51882d030

I check the graphics drivers and are up to date. I have bg2 tweaks mod and other mod about neera. Oh, and I have the game translated to spanish (well, at leats a 90%) with a temporal translation from Clan DLAN

Any advice?
Post edited by aleksei on

Comments

• TressetTresset Member, Moderator Posts: 8,262
    Did you put a proficiency point in Scimitar when you leveled up? If so this is likely the same issue as this one: http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/32910/game-crash-when-putting-point-on-scimitar-wakizashi-ninjato/p1
  • alekseialeksei Member Posts: 17
    Hi,

Nope, just change 2-points-longbow to 2-points-two-weapons with Minsc and 1-point-warhammer to 1-point-flat with Korgan
    Could you upload your save file then so we can take a look at it?
    Do you have any mods? It doesn't crash for me when I level up Jaheira and Aerie.

Just to make sure it isn't that other issue I mentioned can you look on Jaheira's record screen and tell me if you see the special "o" on the end of "Scimitar/Wakizashi/Ninjato" in her proficiency lists. I Have highlighted what you are looking for in the screenshot.
    Hi,

Yes, I see the last "o". The freezes occurs when I try to assing a weapon proficiencie

I have two mods, bg2 tweaks and other about neera dialogues. Also I have a "temporal" traduction using texts from the orginal BG2.

Just to say, I leveled some time after Aerie and dont get this freeze.

(sorry for my bad english, sometimes I cant find the correct words >.< )
    The crash only happens when you level Jaheira up? I am guessing that it might be the same issue then. Not sure how you would go about working around this though...
    I think I get closer to the error.

The game only freezes when I try to put 1 point in Flail (Mayal/Lucero del Alba in spanish).
    I checked it trying to put 1 point in it with Aerie and Korgan
    Tresset
    If that is the problem then I would suggest putting the point in something else and then using EEKeeper to move the point to flail. Hopefully that will allow you to continue your game without crashing it.
  • Gate70Gate70 Member, Developer Posts: 3,870
    Nice work. Are there any special characters in Mayal or Lucero del Alba?
    Thanks for editing the post.

I think maybe its a error related to the translated text, because in spanish contain spaces " ".

Im triying to edit the tlk files to change those texts... But, nope. Still freezes.
    More data...

Happens too when try to put one point in Katana, Mace.
    Tresset
  • Troodon80Troodon80 Member, Developer Posts: 4,110
    edited July 2014
    I wonder if it has less to do with the name in the main proficiencies menu and more to do with the description.

Can you provide links to the mods you used (just to ensure we're on the same version), specifically the one about the text?
    The mod I use its the BG2 Tweak Pack (Windows) v14, and its up to date.

I have my doubts but Im thinking to try Unfinished Business and Flirt Packs
    @aleksei, do you know where I could get a copy of the translated text?
    Wich text? The spanish translation?
    @aleksei, yes. If it is an issue with special characters in the translation, then it's something that needs to be checked. If this is not an issue with one of the mods, then we need to get to the bottom of it. I can find the other mods easily enough, but I cannot seem to find a direct link to the translated text.
    Now I have other issue with Aerie. The game freezes ramdonly when she say something when I order the group to move or even without move. It's seems a random banter (like 'Yes... I do' or similar aerie's flavour style). I barely hear 'Yes' and the game sudden freeze.

I just installed yesterday near 8 mods, some tweaks (scs, atweaks, bg2 tweaks, UB) and some banters (npcflirt, iepbanters, banterpacks) and assasination mod... Maybe all this banters with the 'semi-translation' to spanish had messed all the things.

¿Maybe I must open a new tread about this new issue?
    So where did the suggestion to use that text translation come from, is there a web page that links to it?

Aerie issue could be mod content but what chapter of the game are you currently in - have you been to the Underdark?
    Thanks
    Its from ths forums, in the spanish section. Those texts are the original translation of Bladurs Gate optimized by ClanDLAN

No, I'm at the first chapter, doing Korgan quest to visit Pimlico, leaving Kaza's Tomb
    Did you add mods part way through your game - that can cause issues. If you did, how likely is it that you can start a new game?

Sorry if questions are not very helpful but I'm struggling to think what to advise. I'm not sure if a fresh save at this point might help but willing to have a look if you attach one.
    It's a not happy decission, but not a very big problem.

Well I'll start a new game and keep looking for the flail/mace/katana freeze and the issue with Aerie interjections.

There's my savegame, but as others says, seeing it without the same mods maybe dont help
    edited July 2014
    I was going to view the variables in the save but it loads OK too...

She acts normally if I try moving the party around so I suspect it is one of your mods. There are a couple of local variables that I am guessing are from the flirt pack. First looks to say start flirting, 2nd looks like a timer.

I've increased the timer value to about 15 times the current setting, if she acts as normal on the attached save I'd say that is the component at fault. Hope this helps.

(& as to why, if you added the flirtpack mid game I expect it adds to her dialogue but that has already been assigned to her in your save so picks up the previous version. The mod and variables then trigger a dialogue that isn't found and a default selection type is probably used instead. The missing dialogue would normally update a variable or two so that trigger no longer happens, but as this can't happen the same trigger keeps firing again and again)
    edited July 2014
    Thanks for he help. I will try it now.

Meanwhile I had started a new game and now I find other issue. When I try to use the portal in the first level of Irenicus prision, the game crashes and appears this message:

Nombre del evento de problema: AppHangB1
    Nombre de aplicación: Baldur.exe

Any idea? Also I find the game crashes too when I try to acces the AI scripts of anyone of the companions.

Edit: I try your save, seems work fine but crashes again when I try to start a dialogue with aerie. Maybe a issue with one of the banters mods. Anyway, I will continue with the new save If I can fix the portal problem.
    edited July 2014
    If the portal worked before this again indicates a mod issue. Have you looked at documentation and web site for each one to see whether they are ready for Enhanced Editions (and that you have the right versions). Does one of the mods change animations / spell visuals, e.g. aTweaks has something around dimension door that the portal might make use of?
    (oh, or the mods are fine but not installed in a suitable order - that's easy to get wrong)
    edited July 2014
    The mods was instaled in the correct order... At least as indicates this post -> http://forum.baldursgate.com/discussion/23726/bgii-ee-compatible-mod-list/p1

Yes, now you mention it, one of the mods changes some animations. I'll check it, but I think changes the animations of the dimensional door spell, even had an option that only change the spell option and leaves all the other elmentes tha use that animation whit it.

Thanks for point the way.

Edit: The mod is aTweaks. I uninstalled all the options related to portal animations and dimensional door spell animations, but still crashes.
    Post edited by aleksei on
    Afraid I don't know how uninstall mid-game works, i.e. if the area has been activated maybe the portal effects have already been pulled into the save (if so another game should work but that's another few minutes of your time to find out).
    Well... I'll try start again without those mod changes activated.
    SOrry for double-posting. Maybe the sewer golem could be the reason of the creash? He stand at the middel of une of the corridors that lead to the sewer and when I order him go to rest, stay there doing nothing.