Skip to content

So what is your character portrait going to be?

Comments

• SchneidendSchneidend Member Posts: 3,190
    j0lssoni said:
    That pic has always bugged me. It's like "Stone Cold" Steve Austin in barbarian scale mail. Admittedly, an intimidating thought, but a distracting one that prevents me from taking the portrait entirely seriously.
    mch202 said:

I will probably use this one from Icewind Dale

But since Jason Manley is drawing new protraits for BG:EE ( the same guy who made the IWD portraits ) I will probably wait to see what he come up with first

A good point! I wonder if they'll preview those any time soon.
  • IchigoRXCIchigoRXC Member Posts: 1,001

I am thinking of rolling evil, gonna go with something like this.
  • xLegionxxLegionx Member Posts: 197
    IchigoRXC said:

I am thinking of rolling evil, gonna go with something like this.

Ooo me like!!! :))
    @Permidion_Stark with the introduction of Dorn and playing Tiax a little too much, I fear I just have to roll an evil Char. Gorion can look back at me, tell me to run... but will find me armed with a knife ready to strike the old fool down from behind...
  • purebredcornpurebredcorn Member Posts: 77
    edited August 2012
    I have to see the new portraits that will be added before I choose.
    @Synergetic Is that Tom Selleck I see, and the Necromancer from Dark Alliance series, (two I believe...)
    edited August 2012
    @neloeothesze That is a bad ass picture of Neliel, did you make that? If not do you have a linky to who did?
  • neleotheszeneleothesze Member Posts: 231
    IchigoRXC said:

@neloeothesze That is a bad ass picture of Neliel, did you make that? If not do you have a linky to who did?

@IchigoRXC No, not my work. But it's awesome right? Here's a link: http://wen-jr.deviantart.com/art/Neliel-89336390 I already asked the author if they had any intention of making more poses with Nel.
  • XavioriaXavioria Member Posts: 874
    http://sphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn1/73086_1638921062318_288227_n.jpg?dl=1
    This is the one I wanted to use, I just gotta find a way to baldurize it... For once I'm going to play a male, I think this looks like Elven Mage or cleric maybe :)
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    edited August 2012
    The team BG is adding new portraits, until i see them i will hold my choice, maybe the new portraits are nice, if not we always can use IWD portraits (after all for something this crap game must serve at least... ok ok, you ppl can begin the flame now against the IWD hater, XD)!

What would be nice, is an tool set to edit photos so we could use them on BG (adjusting the portrait for character screen and for the game screen).

Edit:
    Hey @neleothesze, is your first portrait Neliel from Bleach?!
    Ops, already answered.
  • kilroy_was_herekilroy_was_here Member Posts: 455
    I haven't decided yet, but I did have a question: can anyone playtesting the EE let me know what the pixel sizes are for the large/small portraits? Are they the same size as the original?
  • DougPiranhaDougPiranha Member Posts: 50
    edited August 2012
    There is 0.01% chance of them changing portrait size I think.

I haven't thought about portrait yet, that usually comes in a burst of inspiration a few hours before starting the game. maybe one of these folk:
  • AnduineAnduine Member Posts: 416
    @DougPiranha: I was about to mention how your primary character appears to be Geralt from The Witcher series, but see the in-game text already beat me to it! Anyhow, nice portrait.
  • ceramic_golemceramic_golem Member Posts: 10
    edited August 2012
    I've liked the portrait used for my avatar and profile pic here, since playing IWD. Works well enough for a thief, high-dex fighter, mage, whatever. Plus, lends itself to a player color scheme not represented in any BG characters I remember (dark/tan skin, bronze/gold/brown outfit).

And you can pretend that weird true-seeing mask in the BG2 genie dungeon-crawl is your personal helmet! (IIRC, it protects against criticals and works on every class)
    Post edited by ceramic_golem on
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    LadyRhian said:
    I always get a frobiden message when I try to follow your links :(
  • CandramelekhCandramelekh Member Posts: 109
    Canonical BG1 Edwin
  • reedmilfamreedmilfam Member Posts: 2,808
    I just hope the import feature is easier with EE, as the rules of char pix were so restrictive that I didn't bother. NwN was a lot easier, so I imported way too many for it (I had 1000's of them). A little tool to make a picture into both - I would pay for that. Convert a JPeg (and crop/whatnot) from an existing picture is what I mean.
  • SirickSirick Member Posts: 92

Be using this one. Although I removed the sword as It didn’t seem to fit I think I might add it back.
  • chickenhedchickenhed Member Posts: 208
    Sirick said:

Be using this one. Although I removed the sword as It didn’t seem to fit I think I might add it back.

Pretty awesome. Source?
  • immagikmanimmagikman Member Posts: 664
    Do we know the size and format of the portraits yet? with the Be BG, B2 or IWD sized?
  • SophiaSophia Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 581
    I'll probably use the portrait I'm using for my avatar, but I want to see the new portraits before i decide
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838
    @LadyRhian Mind if I steal the modified BG1 portrait with blonde hair? She's always been my favorite BG Portrait. (although the elf before her and skie's portrait I also use on occasion).

@Permidion_Stark that's my favorite IWD portrait right there. Especially for female paladins or fighters (even if my paladins use 2hers and my fighters tend to be dwarves
  • DragonspearDragonspear Member Posts: 1,838

Violet [Lawful Good - Undead Hunter]

If I can may I use your violet picture for one of my characters?
  • SirickSirick Member Posts: 92

Pretty awesome. Source?

Artist me, base image used, me.
  • DLiteDLite Member Posts: 53
    I usually go for this one;