Skip to content

What's your favorite race?

13»

Comments

• AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    edited July 2014
    @Blackraven‌ I think when Gnomes have mastered flight, the world will be in trouble!

Hail, thunder and fire will fall from the sky!

Well, maybe after a curry. Better out than in.
  • lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    The higher, the biggest they fall i say.
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    edited July 2014
    Hey I like elves with theirs magical skills and charm, and they will not fall just because they are taller then the dwarfs or halflings :P
    As I remember a whole clan of dwarf was falling in theirs own mine and their shortness didn't help them much :P
    Don't get me wrong I like halflings and dwarfs too they just not my favorite.
  • ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    Hehehe Beardling... *continues to chuckle quietly to myself*
  • ButtercheeseButtercheese Member Posts: 3,766
    This was so hard :'D
    I prefer playing humans for reasons even I am not aware of, but I really love halflings and dwarfs.
    I do find half-elves to be unbelievably lame though.
  • NokkenbuerNokkenbuer Member Posts: 146
    In regards to racial bonuses, I'd probably say Half-Elf, Elf, or Dwarf. I always pick human, though, as my first character, or when I'm trying to create a character which best represents me, because I'm obviously a human and typically it's the most basic and balanced of all the races.
  • tennisgolfbolltennisgolfboll Member Posts: 457
    Dwarf

I find myself rolling gnome often because of aerie romance though
  • GallowglassGallowglass Member Posts: 3,356
    In order to try out various dual-class combinations, I've rolled more Humans than anything else ... but that's simply because it's only Humans who can dual-class, not because of any a priori preference.

I always choose first what Class (or Class combination) I'm going to play, and then select whichever (allowable) Race is most suitable for that Class.

I rarely find myself attracted to playing any pure-class except (of course) those which aren't allowed to multi-class or dual-class. Whenever a Class can be multi-ed or dualled, it makes sense to do so.

Within that (quite significant) restriction of not using pure-class except when I must, I've noticed that a couple of Races almost never turn out to be the best choice. In particular, I struggle to find anything at which a Halfling would be best ... I think Halfling might arguably be optimal for a pure-class Assassin, but that's about all. I also find, perhaps even more surprisingly, that there's not very much for which Dwarves are the best choice ... they're good for Dwarven Defender (obviously, since no-one else can do that), but otherwise they're a just-about-feasible alternative to Half-Orc for a Barbarian (where shorty saves and good CON help offset the AC weakness), and not the optimal choice for anything else (mostly because their DEX penalty is crippling).

Note that I'm not saying that Halflings and Dwarves aren't characterful and interesting, it's just that they're not the optimal choice for most careers.
  • CaloNordCaloNord Member Posts: 1,809
    edited August 2014
    What is that elf doing to the stout little rock monkey there?! :O

• SouthpawSouthpaw Member Posts: 2,026
    See what you have done? Now you have upset @Anduin‌.
    Calm down, -ooo- your beardness, lets share a pint of a good old dwarven ale...