Skip to content

What phobia do you have? Which race will you not play?

Comments

• SilverstarSilverstar Member Posts: 2,207
    Leon said:

I AM A MIGHTY WALL OF TEXT!

o.O
    CrevsDaak said:

yes, I mean rolling because a character so I can add the Rock part and get Rock n Roll!!!! Whoohooo!!

Hmm. jackjack had a comment I feel is fitting here:
    jackjack said:

Uh, what?

• ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    CrevsDaak said:

FACE ME, FACE THE NEW LORD OF CHAOTIC LOLLIES!

Chaotic lolis? Isn't that every anime ever? (Sorry. The loli jokes will never stop, so long as you're "lord of the loli-er, lollies".)
    CrevsDaakjackjack
  • abacusabacus Member Posts: 1,307
    What alignment are chupa chups?
  • LordRumfishLordRumfish Member Posts: 937
    It's the paperdoll.
    jackjacklolienRavenslightAnduin
    abacus said:

What alignment are chupa chups?

That's a good question. What alignment would you say a ninja is? Because Chupa Chups' best spokesperson ever would be Zool. I'd say Neutral Good, Lawful Neutral or Lawful/Neutral Evil.
  • jobbyjobby Member Posts: 181
    Gnomes, sorry Anduin but whoever said that they ain't Tolkien hit the nail on the head, plus I can never picture my legendary Bhallspawn as a shorty (apart from dwarfs cuz they're awesome :D)
  • CrevsDaakCrevsDaak Member Posts: 7,155
    jobby said:

Gnomes, sorry Anduin but whoever said that they ain't Tolkien hit the nail on the head

And how is that Tolkien wrote an entire language for Gnomes and never used them is what I wonder the most, since he DID had the idea of gnomes, but they never made it to his stories IIRC.
    lolienMeanbunny
    CrevsDaak said:

jobby said:

Gnomes, sorry Anduin but whoever said that they ain't Tolkien hit the nail on the head

And how is that Tolkien wrote an entire language for Gnomes and never used them is what I wonder the most, since he DID had the idea of gnomes, but they never made it to his stories IIRC.
    I'm not sure Tolkien deserves as much praise as he gets. People have made good fantasy before, while and after he was around. Sure, the IP he created is pretty good (subject to opinion of course), but so is Forgotten Realms, Greyhawk, Planescape, Warhammer, Eternity, World of Darkness and a bunch of others that doesn't come to mind at the moment.

D&D's noems are a good version, as good as the little cretins get anyway, while Warcraft's is horribly terrible. I can't really think of any others as most tend to be fairly similar to the D&D ones. Are there other settings out there that does them very differently? Anduin, you might know?
    ElrandirjackjackCrevsDaak
  • KamigoroshiKamigoroshi Member Posts: 5,870
    The gnomes in The Dark Eye are rather different from those in D&D, I guess. In this PnP tabletop they are a Kobold subrace, rather tiny, and in many regards more similar to Rumpelstiltskin than Jan Jansen.
    Silverstar
  • ryuken87ryuken87 Member Posts: 563
    CrevsDaak said:

jobby said:

He did? I know in the Book of Lost Tales all the names are switched around, so the Noldor were actually referred to as Gnomes (and the Vanyar were called the Teleri and the Teleri were called the Solosimpi, very confusing).

• lolienlolien Member, Moderator, Translator (NDA) Posts: 3,108
    For gnomes we have:

and

What can elves show off?
    AnduinRavenslightjobbyjackjack
    ryuken87 said:

CrevsDaak said:

jobby said:

He did? I know in the Book of Lost Tales all the names are switched around, so the Noldor were actually referred to as Gnomes (and the Vanyar were called the Teleri and the Teleri were called the Solosimpi, very confusing).

Seems like I got confused by the names yet again :'D
    @lolien‌ Damn i forgot Syd Barret wrote a Gnome song! I may have to revise my opinions lol.

@CrevsDaak‌ I didn't realise Tolkien had written Gnome stuff!? I've only read the Ring quadrology, Children of Hurin and about 20 pages of the Silmarillion lol.

That's pretty cool though, seems like he covered all the bases of modern fantasy.
    AnduinjackjackRavenslightlolien
    @jobby‌ I just confused the names given in the Book of Lost Tales with FR gnomes. :p
    lolien
    @Anduin‌ I assume the term "high" elves was ironic then :P
    lolienJLeeRavenslightAnduin
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    lolien said:

What can elves show off?

To protect the elves I needed to link some elves stuff :P

Ravenslightlolien
  • kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    @Jackjack don't be scared they are just harmless magical elves :)
    AnduinlolienRavenslight
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    LeonAnduinlolienRavenslight
  • TwaniTwani Member Posts: 640
    I wouldn't call it a phobia, but original the gnome's didn't have female models. So I never played them: it might make sense for a dwarven gal to have a beard, but certainly not a gnome lass! (Now, her nose, on the other hand...)

In general, though, I don't play the short races because romance mods aren't made for them. :( So it's usually human, elf, and half-elf... the occasional half-orc if a romance mod allows it.
    RavenslightElrandir