Skip to content

[BG:EE]Dark Horizons Released

Comments

• ZakharonZakharon Member Posts: 72
    So do you take requests? Because I've had a smallish mod on my mind for a while, and I notice you've made many custom weapons in your mods.
    Just picked up the new bard in bergost, is there a quest reason for a skull in her inventory (acts like a normal skull)
  • The user and all related content has been deleted.
    lolien
    Sergio said:

why don't you keep playing? That bard has that skull because he has affection for the owner.

Well yes sometimes keep playing can sometimes answer a question but asking questions helped find the problem the dwarf follower had a glitched helmet that could not be removed, I could have kept playing or ask and fixed it faster, I'm sorry that I am reporting anything possibly out of place
  • CoM_SolaufeinCoM_Solaufein Member Posts: 2,607
    When I get her developed, she'll tell you its the skull of her lover. She is chaotic neutral for a reason. :)
    Zakharonlolien
  • kamuizinkamuizin Member Posts: 3,704
    Hi, just get by to give a piece of advice.

Assassination attempt: Tristan and Isolde.

By killing these guys we get Doufa's Sabre and Yarash's Dagger of returning among other unnamed items in south of beregost area

The 2 named items above are TOO MUCH POWERFUL for the level we have access to them. The challenge is very nice, but after i got them the game challenge simple vanished. Just to say, i'm using atm only the dagger in the hand's of Imoen and she's kicking asses with it, the sabre that's more powerful i didn't even gave a try.

Advice: Make these items not droppable or give them % to drop. If the other assassination's attempts are this way, the game will become a piece of cake very early.
    Goturallolien

When I get her developed, she'll tell you its the skull of her lover. She is chaotic neutral for a reason. :)

Oh i gotcha, also I noticed the assassin and the bard have unique items but the dwarven defender does not any future plans for his items? I love all your characters
    I guess I could make him a personal ax or hammer that belonged to a distant relative.
    lolien
    Sweet lol
    OK I found this bug that happens right as I enter chapter 3 as soon as I entered the chapter, open journal, try to save (still can save but this happens multiple times) try to load a game this happens

http://cloud-4.steampowered.com/ugc/36347484249369007/D7092C888DE5F729C2480E570DBFF866F936C959/

Except the text that scrolls in in the dialog box at the bottom actually tabs me out of the game and causes white boxes with similar messages to appear every time, I don't know if its your mod, but I feel like it might be since all of the mods I use I've played the game through, except I just updated your mod and started a new play through.
    lolien
    What other mods do you have installed? This mod for EE doesn't have journal entries. This mod originally had a few journal entries for a couple of quests but I removed any reference to them because EE handles journal entries differently from the original game and I didn't want to mess around with that.
    lolien
    Ok so after looking through my mods I deleted a small override mod that lets me use a moonblade, and the problem seems to have gone away but I will still list my mods just in case

Animus: Sentient Weapon mod
    [MOD] Duskblade Kit v1.1 (For BG1 EE and BG2 EE)
    Drizzt Saga
    and your Armor and Weapon mods along with this mod
  • GraoumfGraoumf Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 312
    edited September 2014
    @CoM_Solaufein,

We're currently translating your mod in french.
    I have some questions about its different releases. I noticed there are 4 versions of your mod:

version 2.08 for BG
    version 2.09 for BGT
    version 2.06 for Tutu
    version 2.11 for BGEE

Must we send your the .tra files for these 4 versions?
    lolien
    These three:
    version 2.08 for BG
    version 2.09 for BGT
    version 2.06 for Tutu

are the same text wise.
    BGEE is different because there is some changed text and new text added.
    lolien
  • FrohlFrohl Member Posts: 1
    edited September 2014
    @CoM_Solaufein‌

I have the steam version of BG:EE and I believe the very small patch (37.5MB) applied a few days ago may have introduced a bug into your mod. Pre patch, everything was fine, although I had not made it far into the game, but after applying the patch, all of my item descriptions and conversation options come up as invalid: 35247 (or another number) for Dark Horizons items and NPC's. I've tried starting a new game and reinstalling the works with the same result. I have BGee armor and weapons merchants, wand cases, Sirine's call, dark horizons, BGtweaks and SCS installed in that order. Just realized there must be a trigger that causes it, as I was able to talk to the merchants and purchses bags at FAI but when I talked to the bard at Juggler, the invalids started, and my prior saved games are all affected - even the event in Candlekeep. Any ideas would be appreciated.
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited September 2014
    @CoM_Solaufein, there is a bug in PDIALOG.2DA / cre DV entries. In PDIALOG.2DA you attached these lines:
    CMTNIK CMTNIKP CMTNIKJ CMTNIKD
    CMTTHOR CMTTHORP CMTTHORJ CMTTHORD

but Nikita and Thorin have different DV:
    CMTNIKIT.CRE - NIKITA
    CMTTHOR.CRE - None

In other words PDIALOG.2DA dialogues are not assigned to these NPCs. I see that there is also Morwen creature with portrait and the same naming convention. If this is NPC too (not sure, didn't play the mod yet) than there is no PDIALOG entries for her at all.
    Post edited by swit on
  • VreejackVreejack Member Posts: 60
    Shadow Masters Leather CMLEAT4 sets number of attacks to absolute 3.
    Also: the TeamBG formums are screwy right now. cannot even get authorization to log out, never mind post a message.
  • HumizHumiz Member Posts: 8
    When I try to use EE keeper it says:

Some items assigned to this character were not found in the database.
    If you save this character those items will not be saved.

Cannot find:
    CMTPL04,CMAX04,CMBRAC01,CMAMQ03,CMBEQ02,CMTBT02,CMTSW06,
    CMAX05,CLCK04,CMHEAL1,CMBAG04,CMBAG03.

This is Items from Dark Horizons ?

If so have I installed it wrong, (Dark Horizons or EEkeeper) ?

Thanks
    Huniz

• carldvl666carldvl666 Member Posts: 9
    I need help with one encounter, I have checked the spoiler section on the mod's page and even with that I'm unable to find these Malius, Necardian and Phallen:
    This triad of assassins are looking for you in AR2800 (Coast Way area). They are found in Chapter 2.

Could someone tell me the coordinates to them, and yes I'm in chapter 2, please help
    Vreejack said:

Shadow Masters Leather CMLEAT4 sets number of attacks to absolute 3.
    Also: the TeamBG formums are screwy right now. cannot even get authorization to log out, never mind post a message.

I'll see about getting that item fixed for a future version.
    Humiz said:

When I try to use EE keeper it says:

Some items assigned to this character were not found in the database.
    If you save this character those items will not be saved.

Cannot find:
    CMTPL04,CMAX04,CMBRAC01,CMAMQ03,CMBEQ02,CMTBT02,CMTSW06,
    CMAX05,CLCK04,CMHEAL1,CMBAG04,CMBAG03.

This is Items from Dark Horizons ?

If so have I installed it wrong, (Dark Horizons or EEkeeper) ?

Thanks
    Huniz

I know older EE Keeper versions worked because I use it all of the time for my games. So that being said, the newer version may have problems recognizing modded items or items in the override folder or your setting for EE Keeper may be ignoring items in the override folder which you will have to change
    lolien

I'll have to change the spoiler section. I have the area script file set to GlobalGT("Chapter","GLOBAL",2) which means it would be in Chapter 3 or above.

I need help with one encounter, I have checked the spoiler section on the mod's page and even with that I'm unable to find these Malius, Necardian and Phallen:
    This triad of assassins are looking for you in AR2800 (Coast Way area). They are found in Chapter 2.

Could someone tell me the coordinates to them, and yes I'm in chapter 2, please help

• HumizHumiz Member Posts: 8
    edited January 2015
    Thank you for your quick answer CoM_Solaufein, it seems I made an error installing.
    That is, wrong mod order, doh.
    And thank you for great mod.

thanks
    Huniz
    lolien
  • carldvl666carldvl666 Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for the answer Solaufein!
    lolien
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Great mod, really like the challenge the bounty hunters provide, but wow there gear is OP.
    A +3 ghoul destroying axe in the Gnoll stronghold, that is just silly. That axe is better than 90% of the weapons in the game and i got it on lvl 1. Had to sell it, so the game didin't become a cake walk. Might buy it again when im lvl 7 or 8.
    XD
  • SmilingSwordSmilingSword Member Posts: 827
    Hey Solaufein quick question,
    i installed this mod after i left candlekeep, so i seem to have missed an encounter.
    Will this hamper the mods story line in any way?
    Should i just restart?

Hey Solaufein quick question,
    i installed this mod after i left candlekeep, so i seem to have missed an encounter.
    Will this hamper the mods story line in any way?
    Should i just restart?

No you're fine. Candlekeep encounter isn't a big deal with the plot.
    This mod now includes a French translation thanks to our French fans.
    mlneveselolien
  • switswit Member, Translator (NDA) Posts: 495
    edited February 2015
    @CoM_Solaufein polish letters in the TRA files are broken. For example:
    Kim jesteôcie
    should be:
    Kim jesteście

Did you made any changes in TRA files other than setup.tra (which seems to be fine)? I'm wondering if I could just copy over files from BGT release.

edit: files in BGT release are also broken :( Who translated this mod? We need a backup copy of the working translation.
    Ah I see. The problem is there are only two official languages for Dark Horizons right now, that being English and French. The other language option were commented out so they wouldn't show up when you first install the mod. I took out the other languages like Polish because they are not up to date with the new content. And when I updated the mod with the new French translation, the comment lines were removed and the other language options showed up. I'll have to remove the other options again until the other translators get it updated.

For now you'll have to use English or French.

And this Kim jesteôcie is because it wasn't encoded for special characters. BGEE uses a a different way to store text compared to the old games and if its not encoded to the right setting it gives gibberish instead of the correct letters/characters.
    mlnevese