Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Categories

Axis & Allies 1942 Online is now available in Early Access! Buy it on Steam. The FAQ is available.
New Premium Module: Tyrants of the Moonsea! Read More
Attention, new and old users! Please read the new rules of conduct for the forums, and we hope you enjoy your stay!

The Adventures of Sir (Lord) Gawain in Faerun (Pre-Camelot) (Minimum Reload - Spoiler Warning)

CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 682
I felt kinda lonely during my last playthrough in the Baldur's Gate Series & Icewind Dale Series Minimum Challenge (Spoiler Warning) & since the last post there was on 2 Aug 14 when me last PC died, I think I'll try & start a new Minimal Reload Challenge.

This one is for PCs based on mythical & historical heroes (e.g. Arthurian heroes, King Richard the Lionhearted); personalities from Medieval Europe (William the Conqueror), protagonists or antagonists from books or movies (e.g. Gandalf or maybe, Friar Tuck would be a fun Cleric or Druid); famous heroes from the various mythos', (e.g. Achilles).

Everyone has favorite medieval or fantasy character. Bring them here for a play through.

So in this challenge, select your Mods as your prefer.

Try to find a good likeness of your PC for your Medium and Small Images & try to align your colors accordingly.

Play the persona of the character as best you can in dialogue & combat choices.

Make sure you complete everything, (e.g. Durlag's Tower & the Isle of Balduran) not just the basic run.

Keep going, if you choose into SoA/ToB & keep sharing your progress.

Have fun and use your imagination. Making it no reload is great but not required. If you have to reload, do so & keep rockin'. Keep track of how many Reloads you need.

I'll provide a character to get things started. Hope I'm not the only one who chooses to post here but if so, I'll keep it up till I'm finshed w/THIS GUY...

Post edited by CharlestonianTemplar on
lolienJuliusBorisovEkyelkaCrevsDaakBlackravenRavenslightEnialusMeliamne

Comments

• DreadKhanDreadKhan Member Posts: 3,853
    Watch out for the big green dude with the axe!

I thought it was a riot they made Arthur a Paladin... Galahad, sure.

lolienMoomintrollCrevsDaak
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 682
    edited August 2014
    Actually in Deities & Demigods, Arthur is a 14th Level Paladin & a 5th Level Bard w/a +5 Sword of Sharpeness. Not sure we can do that even w/Shadowkeeper. Still, I'm a 1st Edition AD&D traditionalist, so I'm okay w/it, whatever they do.

Post edited by CharlestonianTemplar on
    lolienCrevsDaakBlackraven
  • BlackravenBlackraven Member Posts: 3,202
    Hey CKT, nice to see you back on track again. This time with a non-evil character.
    I'll have to catch up, but will be following this thread. Good luck!

lolienJuliusBorisovCrevsDaakGotural
    edited September 2014
    Nice progress there CKT! Your'e pretty to the point with Gawain...
    Thanks for sharing the info I asked you about. I shall have to read up on Tristan (Tristram), maybe the old tale of Tristan and Iseult itself. And I'll also have to figure out how to save screenshots in Windows 8 because as I said the printscreen button doesn't do the trick anymore.

lolienJuliusBorisov
  • Nice progress there CKT! Your'e pretty to the point with Gawain...
    Thanks for sharing the info I asked you about. I shall have to read up on Tristan (Tristram), maybe the old tale of Tristan and Iseult itself. And I'll also have to figure out how to save screenshots in Windows 8 because as I said the printscreen button doesn't do the trick anymore.

Have yo tried to Google a solution using your computer & OS? Or it might be a different key stroke for Win8. Here's something I just found that might help.

http://www.wikihow.com/Take-Screenshots-in-Windows-8

Hope it helps. Would love to have another Arthurion Hero in this thread. CT

lolienJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak

Nice progress there CKT! Your'e pretty to the point with Gawain...

Have yo tried to Google a solution using your computer & OS? Or it might be a different key stroke for Win8. Here's something I just found that might help.

http://www.wikihow.com/Take-Screenshots-in-Windows-8

Hope it helps. Would love to have another Arthurion Hero in this thread. CT
    I've downloaded free software called FRAPS and it's working, so I could get Tristan going. I'd only have a few hours of playtime a weeek though, I think.

Meanwhile, congrats on your progress. I like your use of Khalid as a Ranger. Might steal that idea sometime.

lolienJuliusBorisovCrevsDaak
  • CharlestonianTemplarCharlestonianTemplar Member Posts: 682
    edited September 2014

Meanwhile, congrats on your progress. I like your use of Khalid as a Ranger. Might steal that idea sometime.

Thanks BR. I've just always thought that w/Jaheira a Druid, it makes sense that heR husband would be a 'tree hugger, too. Since I usually used him for his skills w/a bow even when I played him as a fighter, I thought I could kill two birds w/one stone w/him as a Ranger/Archer & his bride as a plain druid (get's more druid spells faster as she doesn't have to divide experience which helps me as she serves as the party Cleric). CT

lolienBlackravenJuliusBorisov
  • JuliusBorisovJuliusBorisov Member, Administrator, Moderator, Developer Posts: 18,717
    Ouch... A close call. Good that Gawain has survived! :) And Jaheira... well, she has to get used to losing Khalid, I guess...

lolienCrevsDaakEkyelka