Skip to content

The afternoon of DOOM! And it is going to be ICY and WINDY ! ! !

Comments

• kaguanakaguana Member Posts: 1,328
    edited August 2014
    @Dee can you answer it here clearly about the forum issue please
    elminster said:

kaguana said:

Is there gonna be another forum ??? or they gonna use this one as a base as well ??? it gonna be messy to have another forum :S I really hope not.

*rushes away to claim 'elminster'*
    You know what I'll just call you elmi :P
    elminster said:

kaguana said:

Is there gonna be another forum ??? or they gonna use this one as a base as well ??? it gonna be messy to have another forum :S I really hope not.

They'll just rename it

baldursgateandicewinddale.com

Just rolls off the tongue :p
    I hope so, but not that silly name it too long :P beside I think BG:IWD:EE better :P
    Anduin
  • JairyannaJairyanna Member Posts: 209
    edited August 2014
    kaguana said:

Dee says they've no intention of making people go through that. Phew :) I reckon they'll make an Icewind Dale section here or something of that ilk

Edit: haha, ninja'd by the man himself :P
    Post edited by Jairyanna on
    kaguanaAnduinCrevsDaaklolien
    Thank you @Dee :)
    JairyannaAnduinCrevsDaakJuliusBorisov
  • elminsterelminster Member, Developer Posts: 16,315
    CrevsDaak said:

The page is still empty :\

Reload it. The first time you load it it sometimes is all black.
    AnduinCrevsDaak
  • meaglothmeagloth Member Posts: 3,806
    So I preordered it... How do I get the client to work(yes I know I can't play the game yet) but shouldn't I be able to open the client and see what it looks like? There's a big yellow button on the website that says "download the client" but it doesn't work on my Mac. What am I doing wrong?
    meagloth said:

So I preordered it... How do I get the client to work(yes I know I can't play the game yet) but shouldn't I be able to open the client and see what it looks like? There's a big yellow button on the website that says "download the client" but it doesn't work on my Mac. What am I doing wrong?

I don't think the client works for macs.
    elminster said:

meagloth said:

So how do I get the game on a Mac? The button says Mac/windows for beamdog.
    meagloth said:

elminster said:

meagloth said:

Normally you'd login to Beamdog.com and then from there you could download it.
    CrevsDaak
    elminster said:

meagloth said:

elminster said:

meagloth said:

Normally you'd login to Beamdog.com and then from there you could download it.
    Ok, so I should just be able to download the game when it's out?
    edited August 2014
    @meagloth yeah, or I think if you have their launcher it will show up there as well, when it will be out.
  • madcatmadcat Member Posts: 9
    As I understand the Beamdog client is kinda like a steam client. Somethinge til launch all your Beamdog games from.
    I don't know if it Works on Mac.
    I have allways used the stand alone launcher for BG and BG2 on my PC
  • SedSed Member Posts: 790
    Preordered :D
    elminster
    Anduin said:

My wife tells me to sit down and stop looking at the computer and this happens...

*Anduin faints*

:D
    AnduinkaguanaCrevsDaak
  • AnduinAnduin Member Posts: 5,745
    I've never played... Only saw the adverts that came on the vanilla discs...
    CrevsDaakbooinyoureyes
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited August 2014
    Quartz said:

People make NPC mods for those who want 'em anyway, so that's cool.

Friendly reminder that claiming anything Icewind Dale related to be "cool" makes you a bad person.
    CrevsDaaklolienbooinyoureyes
  • QuartzQuartz Member Posts: 3,853
    edited August 2014
    @ajwz ;) You cheeky bastard.
    CrevsDaak
  • madcatmadcat Member Posts: 9
    Guys guys. Chill...
    elminsterQuartzbooinyoureyes
  • mlnevesemlnevese Member, Moderator Posts: 10,214
    And it's now preordered :)
  • shawneshawne Member Posts: 3,239
    That's it? The big announcement is a completely different game? With cut content from "Unfinished Business", when they said again and again they couldn't do that for BG? That was their only announcement?

• ElrandirElrandir Member Posts: 1,664
    *gasps* IWD:EE?! ALL MY DREAMS HAVE COME TRUE! Someone let me know if there actually will be a new forum, because I'm too lazy to keep track of it myself.
    CrevsDaakQuartzkaguanabooinyoureyes
  • cmk24cmk24 Member Posts: 605
    shawne said:

That's it? The big announcement is a completely different game? With cut content from "Unfinished Business", when they said again and again they couldn't do that for BG? That was their only announcement?

I think they can include the UB content because Atari is no longer a holder of the D&D IP and has no say in what beamdog can or can't do to the game. So my guess is the "you can't change the original story in any way" bit that was in the BG:EE contract is not in the IWD:EE contract.
    QuartzAvenger_teambgbooinyoureyeslolien
    @dee (I'm sorry, you probably have a million notifications right now, but this is a real question) what's the word on legal stuff? I assume the same restrictions and agreements as bg? It doesn't look like you're going as big as you did with bg so maybe they won't be such a problem? Or are they such a problem and that's why you didn't go big?
    Anduin
  • booinyoureyesbooinyoureyes Member Posts: 6,164
    Quartz said:

Quartz said:

People make NPC mods for those who want 'em anyway, so that's cool.

Friendly reminder that claiming anything Icewind Dale related to be "cool" makes you a bad person.
    @Quartz‌ you should really watch Batman and Robin
    QuartzCrevsDaaklolien